PDA

View Full Version : Using more files for 1 game

Alice52
03-28-2014, 08:13 AM
Hello,

I would like to know how I can use more than 1 file for 1 game. I would like to make a menu with buttons who send the user to another file where a scene can start. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

AliceAndConnor
01-07-2015, 08:38 PM
Hello Alice 52! I think I might be able to help!
Unfortunately, you can't create a menu in Alice where it opens another Alice file or world, and starts a new scene (although that would be super awesome! :D).
But the good news is that instead, you can simply create a menu that's, maybe like 1,000 meters down underground, place a dummy there so you can travel to it back and forth, and then set another dummy wherever you want your other scene to be! And to get the effect, when a player clicks, something like, "Play" in the menu it could get camera to "set point of view" to "dummy" (dummy for wherever your new scene is) in duration of 0.01 seconds (It could be 0 seconds, but that causes a little lag and the difference between 0.01 and 0 is very, extremely hard to notice if not impossible)!
I hoped this helped, and if you have any more questions just ask me! Thank you for reading! :)

sfunk
01-07-2015, 09:02 PM
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6550

An old member created a way to do so. It is somewhat difficult though for new comers of Alice. I would just use a billboard object (use MS paint to make a menu that you like) then have it vehicle to the camera, and set it to showing false when you don't want it showing and have it show tru when you want it to be visible.

RavenOfCode
01-07-2015, 10:15 PM
When your stuck on a game or animation it helped me to look at others games on the forum, Hero's Mission and Resident Penguin helped me create a working FPS, and Resident Hyrule really helped me with menus. :)