PDA

View Full Version : Texture maps

jrrTolkien
04-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Is there any way to take the texture map from an Alice object and then export it to my computer as a bitmap image? Then I could use mspaint to change the facial expressions on the models. I don't know how this would work (or even if it's possible), but it would be an extremely helpful bit of info for us Alice programmers! Thanks in advance!:)

-jrr

MrMoke
04-08-2014, 10:03 PM
There are Tutorials on aliceprogramming.net that cover the use of "Maya" and "3D Studio Max". If you can master these products, you can do anything. This should demonstrate the complexity of the texture maps used on a single character, and why it might be difficult to export.

A quicker option might be to use the heBuilder and/or sheBuilder feature available in the "people" section of the gallery. It's a really nice feature, and you can pretty much create anyone you want from there. Plus, they already know how to walk when complete.

jrrTolkien
04-09-2014, 10:22 AM
Not quite what I meant, but thanks. What I meant was more of outputting the texture of an alice object. If you open a world, add the square object from "shapes", add a human object, and then under "properties" on the square, click "skin texture", and set it to the map of the human. I attached an example of this in an alice world. What i need is to take the image shown on the square and export it an a bmp file.

-jrr

MrMoke
04-09-2014, 06:21 PM
MWSnap and Gimp to .pmp

jrrTolkien
04-10-2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks! That'd work. How'd you get the texture able to be changed?

-jrr

MrMoke
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Follow the Breadcrumbs in my previous post young Jedi ;)

jrrTolkien
04-10-2014, 02:12 PM
I suppose that would work fine.:) Of course, to get a screenshot, you could just use the "print screen" button on the keyboard :p Thanks again! :D

-jrr;)

MrMoke
04-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Not as clean. Loss of resolution comes into play. Easier to clip just what you need.

I suppose that would work fine.:) Of course, to get a screenshot, you could just use the "print screen" button on the keyboard :p Thanks again! :D

-jrr;)

jrrTolkien
04-10-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm not all that good at image editing, anyway, but here's my attempt at changing Alice's face. She's sticking her tongue out ;)

-jrr:p

jrrTolkien
04-11-2014, 09:05 AM
Here's a little more fun

-jrr :p