PDA

View Full Version : Alice3 will not run.

garrwood
08-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Hello, I am using debian wheezy and have successfully installed Alice3 and Java 8. When I launch Alice3 I get the error:

" Error: Could not find or load main class org.alice.stageide.EntryPoint
hit enter key to close shell"

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

jrrTolkien
08-04-2014, 01:22 PM
I've always had problems myself with Alice 3, difficulties installing it, running it, then it always took too much RAM... I hope your problems are resolved as soon as possible, but until then, Alice 2 is a great program with a lot to learn about Java programming and making cool animations and games. Good luck with Alice 3, and keep programming!

-jrr

MrMoke
08-05-2014, 09:42 AM
It comes in many forms, each one is different, and I'm pretty sure that keeping up with each different version would put an enormous load on the staff at CM.
On the Alice Web Site, they specifically mention Ubuntu and Red Hat as officially supported versions of Linux. Of those two, only Ubuntu would appear to be the best choice because of cost.

My preferred solution is to build a multi-boot computer that allows me to troubleshoot and document problems like this.

This kind of feedback information would also be of enormous e-help to the CM staff.