PDA

View Full Version : Help with Final Touches on Final Class Project

erco5
12-12-2014, 02:44 PM
I'm working on my final project for my first ever game development class. I think the project is coming along well. I wanted to get your thoughts on a few things that are driving me nuts. I can't figure out how I either goofed them up (because some were working, but I can't locate the backup that was working) or simply not working. Here are my questions:

1) I had the crashBurn working in a previous version, but although I redid the method for this copy of the game, it's no longer working. Can anyone see what I did wrong? Every time the tractor gets within the threshold of an obstacle, it's supposed to spin. It's not doing that any more.

2) I fiddled with the events, but I can't figure how to make it so the tractor starts moving without user input. Help please. It just starts moving when the world starts.

3) Zombie and Mummy collisions aren't happening. I copied the same set up for what I did in objectMove, but the zombies don't do or say anything. Ideas on what I am doing wrong?

4) I added the people and animals info to gameOver, but since the collision isn't being registering (for any object let alone the "good" guys), it won't end the game. Do I not have it set up correctly? It all appears to be done right.

These are the major issues. I'm sure I will probably have more questions, though.

Thanks for your help and input!

RavenOfCode
12-17-2014, 06:52 AM
Sorry I didnt see this in time, do you still need it fixed? I can help with it.

erco5
12-17-2014, 08:36 AM
Sorry I didnt see this in time, do you still need it fixed? I can help with it.

Yup. I still need it fixed. Have been trying to figure out what I did but drawing blanks

Thanks!

MrMoke
12-17-2014, 09:23 AM
My first method executes once. In it there is a but single call to crashBurn.

crashBurn contains an object list peopleObjects that is never referenced, but instead uses a global list.

The method is only executed once, and never used again.

You might want to revisit the original program that you copied this from.

erco5
12-17-2014, 03:07 PM
My first method executes once. In it there is a but single call to crashBurn.

crashBurn contains an object list peopleObjects that is never referenced, but instead uses a global list.

The method is only executed once, and never used again.

You might want to revisit the original program that you copied this from.

I did get the crashBurn to work, but I can't get the end when person is hit to work, can't get the game to stop at 0:00 either.

MrMoke
12-17-2014, 03:53 PM
Global Boolean Variables come in handy for that.