PDA

View Full Version : Hi. Newbie having an issue.

Lostintime
01-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Hi! I'm on chapter 2 working on using the height parameter in figure 2-20. It instructs to move the 'height' parameter tile and drop it in the 'whiteRabbit move up' instruction tile. It turns green when I drag it there but it won't drop in place of the moveup(or movedown tile) it will only insert above or below and thus doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

RavenOfCode
01-28-2015, 04:43 PM
Could you post the world, I don't really understand what you mean?

Is it a parameter or a function? What you are describing sounds like a function yet a parameter is a totally different thing.

Lostintime
01-28-2015, 05:27 PM
Hi. Unfort I don't know how to post a world lol. I am practically computer illiterate thus my username.

I am using the Alice 2.2 workbook and i'm on the last tutorial Pg 56. I am trying to drag the height parameter tile and drop it in the whiteRabbit move up instruction in place of the 1 meter and it won't take.

I have no idea what's going on.

Lostintime
01-28-2015, 05:36 PM
Wow. Turns out it was operator error. I was dragging the 'height' tile directly in line with the '1 meter' tile. It was turning green as in ok to drop so I did and it won't work. I just discovered that dragging the box about have way down the tile underneath and releasing it works. A little fickle I guess. Oh well hopefully you see this post before wasting any time looking at it. Thank you!

RavenOfCode
01-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Alice does that some times :( I never have had that particular issue but I have had a few annoying ones...

Well glad that you got your issue fixed :)

And if you ever need any help just ask :)

Laurie Mathis
02-11-2015, 02:54 AM
I m newbie & wanted to know how can i insert 3D animation to my videos site (http://www.makeuslive.com)?

RavenOfCode
02-11-2015, 07:12 AM
You can record the animation and then you can post it,
There is a 'record' button on the file menu, or you can use a recording software and crop the animation.

craigly
03-14-2015, 11:30 AM
Thanks for your more information.

craigly
03-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Thanks, I know more for your note.