PDA

View Full Version : Assignment 7

Petit Suisse
07-28-2015, 01:13 PM
Created on click events to make animal noises.

shaolinkidd
07-28-2015, 03:10 PM
How would you say this one compared to the previous assignment?

Petit Suisse
07-31-2015, 11:37 AM
I found this one easy.

Hey, how are you doing on Lab 3? I would love to have a version that works, but my program keeps crashing. I need some help.

Ylu
07-31-2015, 05:54 PM
Do you know the section that is causing the crash ?

Petit Suisse
07-31-2015, 08:05 PM
Do you know the section that is causing the crash ?

I was so losing it and thought initially it was my events crashing it. I had tried to use a while the world is running for the falling rings.

I finally emailed our teacher, and he gave me some advice which really helped. He said to make a version for each part I implement, so make rings move, save that as a version, add counter, save that version, etc etc From that I realised that the trick I was using to reset the ring, the property pointofview=position, was causing a runtime error.

I felt so relieved when I found it.

What did you use to keep the ring from leaving the screen? I ended up setting a dummy and doing a if distance from dummy exceeds, the move ring towards dummy...but I couldn't really test it properly cause I didn't want to watch it too much more often. I'm quite sick of the rings, although I still have lab 4 ahead of me.

Ylu
08-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Trial and error. I am also sick of it and seriously I am about to give up ( I seriously mean that- there is only so much I can take when it comes to redoing things). Part of it comes from being a visual learner. I also need things laid out for me step by step. Don't care for concepts.

Petit Suisse
08-01-2015, 09:56 PM
Trial and error. I am also sick of it and seriously I am about to give up ( I seriously mean that- there is only so much I can take when it comes to redoing things). Part of it comes from being a visual learner. I also need things laid out for me step by step. Don't care for concepts.

Yes that's how I felt too, and potentially how I might feel with Lab 4 today. What I am going to try with it, is to write it out into story steps, and each step will be a version I save.

I have a bit of a compulsive tendency, in that I did make a ridiculous amount of attempts on lab 3 before I had to get help, so it's hard to give up, but if my internet hadn't been so slow and disrupted the upload, I was going to just give up.

What do you have left to do? Maybe we can help each other?