PDA

View Full Version : Assignment 3

IAlice
08-14-2015, 12:07 AM
According to our lecture notes, methods are "step by step instructions for an object (in Alice) to carry out". However, within assignment three this was easier said than done. There are many advantages and disadvantages to methods. The advantages begin with the understanding that methods are containers that can be used for organization. They are also structures that allow a program to repeat a call for a particular action both of these are very helpful features especially when working on very large programs. The disadvantages, although few, include the fact that it is important to keep up with the different types of actions that are created within various methods. By the end of the class, I had created so many methods that I had completely forgotten where some of my actions were.

Quite honestly, I do believe that the benefits of methods outweigh the disadvantages. However, this was really a learning experience for me because before Alice, I had never really understood how various programming structures worked together to form a cohesive whole.