PDA

View Full Version : Assign2

kaufill
12-22-2015, 12:41 PM
I enjoyed playing with Alice in assignment 2. Getting the hands-on with the different example worlds was very helpful in getting in-tune with the app.

I chose to do PP1.9 for my project, where we were tasked with making a chicken walk, peck the ground, and cluck. I thought that this one would give me a challenge as it requires you to move parts of the composite chicken separately. I immediate ran into a hilarious snag when my first attempt at walking had the chickens legs leaving it's body behind. After playing around a bit, I realized I should not be having the legs "move", but "turn" instead. I also wrongly assumed that the first plus box expanded my chicken options as much as possible. After completing the movements, but being unhappy with how they turned out, I realized that the legs and neck could be further broken down to get to the feet and the beak. After realizing this I tweaked the walking so that the feet moved and was able to add mouth movement to the clucking.

I was proud of my efforts by the end of the project!

Katheryne Aufill

Shannon Gallentine
12-24-2015, 11:24 AM
I enjoyed playing with Alice in assignment 2. Getting the hands-on with the different example worlds was very helpful in getting in-tune with the app.

I chose to do PP1.9 for my project, where we were tasked with making a chicken walk, peck the ground, and cluck. I thought that this one would give me a challenge as it requires you to move parts of the composite chicken separately. I immediate ran into a hilarious snag when my first attempt at walking had the chickens legs leaving it's body behind. After playing around a bit, I realized I should not be having the legs "move", but "turn" instead. I also wrongly assumed that the first plus box expanded my chicken options as much as possible. After completing the movements, but being unhappy with how they turned out, I realized that the legs and neck could be further broken down to get to the feet and the beak. After realizing this I tweaked the walking so that the feet moved and was able to add mouth movement to the clucking.

I was proud of my efforts by the end of the project!

Katheryne Aufill I really think this class we will learn a lot! I dont know If i turning into a geek/ nerd or have finally found something that I will like.
Im glad that I am not the only one that is enjoying myself! Keep up the great work!