PDA

View Full Version : Assign4

kaufill
12-24-2015, 10:59 PM
I almost bit off more than I could chew with this one!
I decided that I wanted to use a fish character in the Ocean environment because I had already worked on solid ground. This meant that when the fish jumped it had to land by going back into the water and then rising up out of it so that it could be seen again. I had some trouble getting my distances correct so that he ended up in the right spot, but after playing around with it I figured it out. On the flip side, it is much easier to animate a fish swim than to animate a creature with legs walking!

I also had a brief problem figuring out the randomization of the jump heights. I couldn't find the darn function for the random number! I even decided to start a question thread here because I simply could not figure it out:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=56973#post56973
I took a break, then came back about 20 minutes later and realized I had the fish object selected in the object tree, so the only functions I could see were the fish functions! So silly!

I liked that we had the freedom in this exercise to choose whatever scene that we wanted. However, as I made my fish dance, I kept changing my mind on what exactly I wanted him to do. So, by the end of it, I had to rewrite my storyboard to match the animation.