PDA

View Full Version : Compare Turn Direction

KsMomof2
02-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Am I missing something?

I can compare numbers, strings, sThings, but not variables of Other Types - such as turn direction?

MrMoke
02-22-2016, 02:21 PM
1) Version 2 or 3?
2) What are you trying to accomplish?

RavenOfCode
02-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Turn directions is a bool so you can compare it.

KsMomof2
02-27-2016, 04:08 PM
Specifically I am trying to create a dance method that imitates "The Twist" in version 3.

The joints have to turn left, then right ... OR ... right then left. I want to make the dance work so that some objects start turning left first, and others turning right ... so, I want to send the turn direction in as a parameter, and then in the method, I want to use the opposite direction - which requires knowing which direction was sent in.

Because I could not figure out how to compare the direction, I solved the problem by just sending in a first direction and a second direction - but, that is ... ugly in my mind. I would still like to learn how to compare the directions.

RavenOfCode
02-27-2016, 07:32 PM
Specifically I am trying to create a dance method that imitates "The Twist" in version 3.

The joints have to turn left, then right ... OR ... right then left. I want to make the dance work so that some objects start turning left first, and others turning right ... so, I want to send the turn direction in as a parameter, and then in the method, I want to use the opposite direction - which requires knowing which direction was sent in.

Because I could not figure out how to compare the direction, I solved the problem by just sending in a first direction and a second direction - but, that is ... ugly in my mind. I would still like to learn how to compare the directions.
Send in a bool and compare that.