PDA

View Full Version : Smooth Animations

willy0227
07-15-2016, 12:19 PM
I have been using loops for animations so far. The problem I see is that there is a delay between each time the loop runs. It seems like this is a timing issue with Alice, but maybe I am going about this the wrong way. How would I make this smoother if say I need a bird to randomly fly around the whole time the world is running?

chickentree
07-16-2016, 06:42 AM
I have been using loops for animations so far. The problem I see is that there is a delay between each time the loop runs. It seems like this is a timing issue with Alice, but maybe I am going about this the wrong way. How would I make this smoother if say I need a bird to randomly fly around the whole time the world is running?

Create a method that makes the bird move the way you want it to and then at the top right of Alice create a new "when the world starts" event.
Right click on the event and change it to "while the world is running" and put your method it that event.

willy0227
07-18-2016, 11:34 PM
Thank you for the response. I tried that and it seemed to have the same delay as a loop. Am I missing something?

chickentree
07-20-2016, 01:35 AM
Two things come to mind.
The first is that almost every instruction has a duration which defaults to 1 second. You can change this to 0, which means as fast as possible.
The other thing involves using events. If there is a loop in the events code, get rid of it! The event will, assuming you are using the while the world is running event, automagically call itself whenever it can while the movie is running.

Without seeing the code those are my best guesses as to a fix.
Mark

RavenOfCode
07-21-2016, 04:06 PM
Try changing the style to sharp (I think thats what it's called, I haven't used Alice in a while).