PDA

View Full Version : Alice 2.2 beta - UPDATE (09/19/08)

gabe
09-19-2008, 03:29 PM
After a much-too-long delay, an update to Alice 2.2 has been released.

Thanks to everyone who provided feedback -- we hope most of the major issues have been fixed. :)

Sorry Mac users -- we are still working on the update for you guys. For now, Windows only.

Alice 2.2b (http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/alice2_2_info)

Also, for all those who have had trouble getting Alice to run on a networked environment, we have added the ability for you to change where the Alice preference files are stored. We believe this should solve most of the problems. Instructions are provided in the above link.

lanceA
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for posting the update to Alice 2.2, Gabe. :)

julie
09-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the update of Alice2.2b, i hope it will work better. I've checked the link most of the issues are solved, great going. I'll be waiting for Alice 2.2b for Mac. All the best.
__________________________________________________ _______________
julie

lpng
09-25-2008, 01:37 AM
I cannot download it on the web. It said the page was not found!!!

gabe
09-25-2008, 09:43 PM
Sorry for the download problem -- it is fixed.

Jackie
09-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Is there any problem with downloading 2.2 if I already have 2.0?

Are there any special procedures for an uninstall?

J

lanceA
09-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Alice does not write to the Windows Registry so it is OK to delete the old version and install the newer version. Simply "Delete" the old folder. (Just remember, if you have any Worlds that you created you might wish to move them to your new Alice folder.)

jyby
09-27-2008, 04:24 PM
After a much-too-long delay, an update to Alice 2.2 has been released.
Sorry Mac users -- we are still working on the update for you guys. For now, Windows only.

What about the Linux update? (Just asking.) Watching the video of the SCGCSE Tea party I realize the small size of the team (!), especially compared to the huge scope of the project. Congrats on the achievements :D

Bearcat34
10-13-2008, 12:01 PM
its still alice

Scott
10-13-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm on a mac.

I can always run windows on my mac, But I need a copy of Windows first ;)

gabe
11-05-2008, 10:52 AM
We have another update on the way -- I will be testing it out today, and hopefully, barring any major issues, will post it tomorrow.

Still only PC at the moment. Sorry Mac/Linux users.

lanceA
11-05-2008, 12:21 PM
We have another update on the way -- I will be testing it out today, and hopefully, barring any major issues, will post it tomorrow.

Still only PC at the moment. Sorry Mac/Linux users.

I'm assuming that if you release it tomorrow, gabe, that it will be version 2.2c (beta) ?

Looking forward to receiving it.:)

gabe
01-13-2009, 05:24 PM
Alice 2.2 has been updated. I will work on getting you a list of recent changes.

Alice 2.2 for Mac is now available. Please test.

Sorry for the delay -- we've had some stability issues which are hopefully resolved.

Download (http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=downloads/alice2_2_info)

rwhg
01-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Alice 2.2 for Mac is now available. Please test.

Hi,

Just tried Alice 2.2 for Mac. Much improved over previous version, but here are a couple issues noticed after a brief testing session:

1. The processor gets "pegged out", showing near 100% utilization. This does not occur with Alice 2.0 for Mac. I am running 10.5.6 on a MacBook with a Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz processor and 4 GB of RAM. Clear implications for battery life on a laptop.

2. There are brief "refresh flashes" every so often when using the menus to select methods, arguments, et cetera.

Just let me know if you need more details.

I'm happy to help test this release. Used Alice 2.0 very successfully this past semester with two high school CS classes.

Russ

MichaelRobinson
01-25-2009, 11:14 AM
How can i download Alice 2.2 beta for PC?

Can you send me a link?

MichaelRobinson
01-26-2009, 08:16 AM
How can i download Alice 2.2 beta for PC?

Can you send me a link?

Never mind... I'm good.

Teenzraul
12-18-2012, 05:43 AM
I am a Mac user and I am still waiting for the feedback. But no worries, I had some other windows PCs too and I got the issues with that PCs fixed p[properly. All that systems are working great! Thanks for your concern.