PDA

View Full Version : How do I change scenes?

FredT
05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
I have a student who wants to open the front door of a house and have an object walk inside and see the interior of the house. Is this covered in the textbook, and if so, where? Or maybe its a simple procedure that you can explain easily.

scooper
05-31-2006, 03:02 PM
There are a couple of ways to do this. First, you can have the camera move with a character as they move about the rooms in a house (which assumedly have been set up appropriately during scene setup). Alternatively, you can make the objects within the old room invisible at the same time you make the objects in the new room (which had been invisible) visible. You'd just either use the isShowing property or the opacity property for each object.

Steve

FredT
05-31-2006, 03:24 PM
I those were the only ways I could think of at the time. I thought there might be a different way of which I was not aware.

PopnTheDeerInHumanForm
08-24-2007, 04:14 PM
Storytelling Alice Allows you to do just that just make your first scene
click the 'create new scene' button, and you'll find yourself with a blank landscape selection page

Sergius
09-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Guys is it possible to make somehow, change of scene like in movies. When after end of the one screen become dark and begin next scene?

debussybunny563
09-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Yeah. Just place a black square in front of the camera, with its opacity set to zero.

When you want it to become dark, slowly set the square's opacity to 100%, and move the camera to the position you want, then set its opacity back to 0% to get the "fading out" effect.