PDA

View Full Version : The world's best (and worst) Alice 3 Quick Reference Guide

DrJim
06-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Attached is a zipped version of the first draft of a “Quick Reference Guide” for Alice 3.0 Beta ver. 055. (Perhaps a better name, using LanceA’s terminology, would be a “Hunt and Peck Reference Guide.”) Anyway, since it is the only such guide I’m aware of (something I hope will change soon), I make the bold claims in the title of this thread. :D

I did the guide in PowerPoint because I like that program’s “Notepage” format. If you don’t have PowerPoint, there is a free viewer available from Microsoft.

I have another half dozen slides that I still need to check out for correctness. I’ll try to post them as an addendum to the guide in the next few days. When (or if) I figure out the NetBeans plugin, I’ll also try to put something together on it if somebody hasn’t already done so. Past that, I really have no plans to extend this document – this is more Dick Baldwin’s sort of thing than mine. :rolleyes:

ttkrakus
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Great job with the Quick Reference Guide.

lanceA
06-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Attached is a zipped version of the first draft of a “Quick Reference Guide” for Alice 3.0 Beta ver. 055. (Perhaps a better name, using LanceA’s terminology, would be a “Hunt and Peck Reference Guide.”) Anyway, since it is the only such guide I’m aware of (something I hope will change soon), I make the bold claims in the title of this thread. :D

I did the guide in PowerPoint because I like that program’s “Notepage” format. If you don’t have PowerPoint, there is a free viewer available from Microsoft.

I have another half dozen slides that I still need to check out for correctness. I’ll try to post them as an addendum to the guide in the next few days. When (or if) I figure out the NetBeans plugin, I’ll also try to put something together on it if somebody hasn’t already done so. Past that, I really have no plans to extend this document – this is more Dick Baldwin’s sort of thing than mine. :rolleyes:

Nice, DrJim!

Feel free to add my Alice 3.0-NetBeans setup information to your PowerPoints.

I'm looking forward to your next release. :)

DrJim
06-18-2009, 12:09 PM
Feel free to add my Alice 3.0-NetBeans setup information to your PowerPoints.

Thanks. I certainly will! As I mentioned in a private e-mail to you, they have been really helpful. :) What I thought was going to be a 2-3 day job actually took well less than 3 hours.

As I noted in my earlier posting, I probably won't post anything new for a couple more days. I want to make sure things are essentially correct before I do a posting.

lanceA
06-18-2009, 03:22 PM
gabe -
Would it serve any purpose to segregate conversations about Alice 3.0 from conversations about NetBeans and Alice 3.0?? Just a thought.