PDA

View Full Version : How to start alice!

zonedabone
07-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I've just installed alice 3.0 for windows, offline version, and there's no exe file to start the program! How do you start the program!!!!!!!!!!!

DrJim
07-11-2009, 03:46 PM
How do you start the program!!!!!!!!!!!

Locate the .bat file and double click on that since you're using a Windows system. I assume there is some similar master file for Macs - maybe someone else can comment on that. :confused:

zonedabone
07-12-2009, 10:21 AM
it's odd how the team used dos based programming when open GL would provide superior compatibility...

BastaNL
07-12-2009, 10:39 AM
It is basically the same file for the mac. only after used once you'l have a shortcut on the item bar in the bottom of the screen.

DrJim
07-13-2009, 12:54 AM
it's odd how the team used dos based programming when open GL would provide superior compatibility...

As far as I know, the only DOS/Windows specific programming is for file management and graphics card interfacing - something basic Open GL leaves to your specific compiler.

Certainly all the 3D graphics are now in Jogl - the Java version of Open GL. There is a lot of information on Jogl on the web - even a couple of users groups - and from what I can tell, it is a fairly complete implementation of the current Open GL specification. And I agree with you - that does provide superior compatibility. :)

gabe
07-23-2009, 09:33 PM
As DrJim said, our 3D graphics are JOGL based. We are moving closer to an actual exe rather than a bat, but for now there are more important things. Like undo. :)