PDA

View Full Version : keyListener & MouseButtonListener

ekpalmer
08-13-2009, 10:52 PM
When I use the listeners, I can get Alice to respond to mouseclicks and keypresses perform actions in response to these events.

I would like to distinguish between which mouse button was pressed and which key was pressed on the keyboard.

I have not been able to do this. I want do something different when an "A" is typed on the keyboard than when a "B" is typed.

DrJim
08-14-2009, 02:19 PM
I would also like to know this. If anyone has been successful, please post your results. :)

I have been successfull in importing my Alice programs (which make setting up animations easy) into NetBeans and then adding "full function" listeners there - but that, unfortunately is a one-way path as far as I can tell.

ottosparks
10-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Interesting.

I haven't toyed around with 3.0 enough to figure this out.

By the way, did anyone miss me? :3

antmj2317
10-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Ok, so the question is how to use events

Step 1: add an object to the world, any object, you can even use the camera if you want

Step 2: in that object's procedures, add a keyeventlistener method to your code

Step 3: drag an if block inside the key listener and select 'true'

Step 4: select the arrow next to 'true' and select 'keyevent e =' then proceed to select whatever key you wish to bind to whatever action

This is in the alice 64 build, I also noticed you cannot direct OTHER objects by adding a keylistening to the scene, in other words, the listening must be added to the object itself, as it would be a class level listener.

geek in training
08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Ok, so the question is how to use events

Step 1: add an object to the world, any object, you can even use the camera if you want

Step 2: in that object's procedures, add a keyeventlistener method to your code

Step 3: drag an if block inside the key listener and select 'true'

Step 4: select the arrow next to 'true' and select 'keyevent e =' then proceed to select whatever key you wish to bind to whatever action

This is in the alice 64 build, I also noticed you cannot direct OTHER objects by adding a keylistening to the scene, in other words, the listening must be added to the object itself, as it would be a class level listener.

you can also use "e is key (choose a key)" instead of keyevent e=

thanks so much! I started a thread myself trying to figure out how to do that. no one knows how.