PDA

View Full Version : x2495iiii is now a moderator!

gabe
11-17-2009, 03:23 AM
I want to be the first person to congratulate x2495iiii as the Alice community forum's first moderator! We've been getting more activity lately, so he is going to help us keep the forums a great place to discuss Alice.

x2495iiii has been a fantastic contributor and dedicated Alice user for quite some time. I have no doubt that his helpful posts are part of the reason why participation has picked.

Thanks, man!

Jeremytroid
11-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Yeah!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

MuqiTechNerd
11-17-2009, 11:56 PM
He helped me out with a sketchup model conversion problem earlier. thnx man and great job on becoming a moderator (whatever that is) :D

reuben2011
11-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Well I think everyone knows that he deserves it! :)

Kal_Larro
11-19-2009, 04:26 PM
I may be rather new but from all the topics I've seen he's always offered some great advice. Congratulations X.

lanceA
11-21-2009, 07:33 PM
For a new person to become a moderator and immediately tell some one that he will close down a channel seems a bit over-kill/abuse of power which they do NOT know how to handle.

Just my 2-cents.. . . :)

x2495iiii
11-21-2009, 07:49 PM
To everyone who's congratulated me, thank you. I'll do my best to keep the forums clean, helpful, and spam-free.

I'm sorry you feel that way, lanceA, but here's my view of it.

First, just to clarify, I NEVER threatened to close "an entire channel," only the thread called "A few of my favorite objects (weapons)," originally posted by fishrfine75, in the "Share Objects" channel. Only that thread would be affected, not the channel itself.

Second, I've been monitoring that thread for quite some time, even before I was a moderator, and have always noticed that, though the requests for models have continued to grow at a fairly steady pace, the original poster himself has not been active in over four months. This leads me to believe that he's likely forgotten about his offer and as a result, the offer is now inactive and should be closed.

Third, consider the two main courses of action here:

Say I don't close the thread: People will continue to request for all of the links for the models to be sent to them. Eventually, it's going to become a ten-page long list of "Can you send all the filez plz" posts which ultimately serves no purpose other than to waste space in the forums.

Say I do close it: The list ends now and, in the event that the original poster of those screenshots comes back, I can easily re-open the thread and allow the requests to continue, as they would then no longer be in vain.

In my opinion, an abuse of my "power" would be to delete the thread without warning or explanation. Here I've given fair warning AND left an option for the thread to continue in the event of his return. I truly believe that this is the best course of action, which is why I've taken it. However, I will admit that my choice of words could have been more professional, a mistake which I've already corrected and will not repeat.

Rest assured, I won't take serious action without thinking it through very thoroughly first.

Veryuhbull
11-23-2009, 04:24 PM
congratulations.

DumDum203
11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey! cool :) so, you're the first moderator? super moderator, whatev. what does all this mean? ( you were a senior member before, right? what's the dif between that and now? and what's an administrator do?)

x2495iiii
11-30-2009, 01:01 PM
A moderator is a person who keeps the forums clean. This means moving improperly placed posts, deleting spam, editing posts to remove curses, closing inactive threads, and even banning certain users (usually advertiser-bots). As there haven't been any regular moderators yet, there isn't a difference between a moderator and a super moderator. An administrator, though, is the person who decides how things go on the forums. He has all the abilities of the moderator, plus the ability to change the site itself as well as the configurations and rules of the forums.

KaiChang
12-02-2009, 12:07 PM
I have been inactive for the past few weeks,
but right when I arrive on the forum, whats this I see?
Moderator to the Penguin man?

Congrats, lol.
You deserved it. Keep up the good work man.

Congratulations
Kai

x2495iiii
12-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Thanks again to everyone supporting me! However, I have an important thought to share with you all:

Recently, it's been brought to my attention that a good amount of my posts, examples, and resources involve some sort of violence.

First let me say that it's was never my intention to emphasize violence when I made Resident Penguin. I was trying to prove that an enjoyable, good-sized, and fully functional game could be made with Alice, as this was a question raised by more than a few aspiring video game developers on these forums. It was my hope that Resident Penguin could be a world shown to new students on their first day of class so they could see what kinds of things they could do if they became proficient with Alice.

Second, I'd like to take this opportunity to announce a few of my non-violent works in the making:

-I plan to upload other, non-violent collections of models, like the wheelchair recently asked for (having a hard time finding a low-poly model, but I'll find one), medical supplies asked for a while ago, urban ambient objects (like newspaper stands and higher-res city terrain), and more. I'd also like to remind everyone that, though I did post a tutorial of how to import objects at the top of the How Do I...? forum, I usually take requests for 3d models and provide them when asked, so feel free to ask.

-I've been experimenting with billboards in Alice and have created an interesting world with only something that could be conceived as cartoon violence by some. It should strike a nostalgic chord with all you gamers out there. It isn't anywhere NEAR finished, though.

Finally, I'd simply like to note that, though it is considered 'uncreative,' violence, even in the slightest doses (such as in my experimental world), has always been popular and appropriate among all age groups when used correctly (think Bugs Bunny with a mallet). Due to this popularity, it can be an effective means of attracting people, especially young students, to get involved in learning to program with Alice.

lanceA
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
[QUOTE=x2495iiii;13992]Thanks again to everyone supporting me! However, I have an important thought to share with you all:

Recently, it's been brought to my attention that a good amount of my posts, examples, and resources involve some sort of violence.

A good story always involves some form of conflict. The interesting part of the story is how the student solves the conflict without blowing heads off, maiming people for life, etc.

Experience how this young 9th grade student embrassed programming and Alice without blowing legs, arms, eyes off.

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=1309&highlight=ajax
(Scroll down to the Ajax.A2W world)

I disagree with your excuse for including violence. The killing of "things" does not appeal to all potential programming students; especially the females that Dann, Cooper, Pausch were trying to encourage into joining a programming class. Programming is not limited to the male population! Please try and include the female group when posting - computer programming is not sexist.

Thank you,

x2495iiii
12-09-2009, 12:15 AM
The interesting part of the story is how the student solves the conflict without blowing heads off, maiming people for life, etc.

First that depends on how you define interesting. For example, I find programming interesting, and many other people find it boring. Likewise, I found that world largely uninteresting, but I did find it creative.

Second, I find it interesting that none of my worlds (or any worlds I've seen on these boards, for that matter) have featured either of those two things you mentioned. Have you actually played Resident Penguin? If it were to be made into a real video game, it'd be rated E.

The killing of "things" does not appeal to all potential programming students

I never said it did. However, I did say that some forms of violence appeal to many people, most of those being young people, which is what Alice is geared towards.

Programming is not limited to the male population!

I feel a bit like I'm in a press conference, addressing all these twisted interpretations of my words. If you'll check my post, you'll notice that I never mentioned gender, in fact I simply said that it appeals to many, which it does.

computer programming is not sexist.

But the erroneous assumption that all males are violent and all females are nonviolent is sexist.

It seems I'll never be able to please some people, as I've already apologized SEVERAL times, made an effort to teach many different concepts (violent and nonviolent) in many different ways (coding and instructional), and released many different examples and resources (violent and nonviolent) for the users of Alice to learn from and enjoy. I've done all I can, so at this point, all that's left to do is move on.

By the way, in case any of you were worried, I'm still releasing RP4.

lanceA
12-09-2009, 09:40 PM
No Problem.

You did not comprehend what you read, which I see in others quite often.

The point was: violence is not a prerequisite to bringing young people into programming. ACTUALLY, you don't even need VIOLENCE!! LOOK AT WHAT I DID with that student!! And that student has continued to grow in Computer Science - with NO violence.

Do you have a real job?

Dameria
12-09-2009, 09:53 PM
lanceA just relax, he is not abusing his power or doing anything that he should not be doing. He has been a great moderator so far, and there is no reason for you to keep insulting him and exaggerating the truths. I think that x2495iiii has only helped, and I have not seen him even once do something that I thought was offensive or wrong.

lanceA
12-09-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm not exaggerating any truths. But do we really need to bring people into the world of programming using VIOLENCE? We can't do it peacefully?

Is this forum going to become WarCraft II ? I thought it was a forum to teach young people the basics of programming - not how depict an arm or a leg being blown away!

Some how I believe the ROOM is moving in a direction not intended by the originators. I could be wrong.

Perhaps we should ask Gabe?

x2495iiii
12-09-2009, 11:43 PM
First of all, I told you already that I asked him.

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=3513&page=2

Second, I already told you there AREN'T any worlds with people being dismembered, maimed, gored, eviscerated, disemboweled, impaled, or any other big word for hurt badly you can think of. If there was, I'd delete it immediately, as that is considered mature content.

Third, no one is forcing anyone to look at, use, or otherwise be subjected to violence. At the moment, the only way anyone could be exposed to even the remotest bit of shooting violence is by willfully choosing to download Resident Penguin or my weapons collection.

I understand that you're trying to do your part to keep the forums clean and safe for learning programmers of all ages, but the best way you can do that is by keeping an eye out for worlds with such violent acts as the ones you mentioned and report them to me so I can delete them. Saying that I can't comprehend what I read and that I'm sexist is definitely not the way to get what you want done accomplished.

drin
12-15-2009, 02:52 AM
i would like to ask a qustion, im a beginner using alice,ahm im doing a simple question and answer game so i created a list of questions and answer with different variable
and my problem is when the list of questions are randomly display d question i cant filter it with my answer. the thing i would like to do is this.. if the selected question is equal to the answer i selected from the list of the answer. thnx hope you can help me with this thanx n congrats drin

Slayer2520
12-15-2009, 10:48 AM
I too wish to congratulate him. he is very helpful and i can only see this online community becoming better with his skill.
________
macintosh games (http://macgame.org)

zarfang8
12-20-2009, 08:11 PM
A moderator is a person who keeps the forums clean. This means moving improperly placed posts, deleting spam, editing posts to remove curses, closing inactive threads, and even banning certain users (usually advertiser-bots). As there haven't been any regular moderators yet, there isn't a difference between a moderator and a super moderator. An administrator, though, is the person who decides how things go on the forums. He has all the abilities of the moderator, plus the ability to change the site itself as well as the configurations and rules of the forums.

So that would be gabe, right? The Administrator?'

I actually haven't heard much from him. Can you become friends with an Administrator?

x2495iiii
12-21-2009, 02:11 AM
You can send him a friend request, if that's what you mean. Not sure about getting close to him, though. I haven't heard much from him either since I became a mod.

I figured he's busy helping the Alice Team work on Alice 3.

gabe
01-04-2010, 02:20 PM
I've been away from the forums for quite awhile -- busy with some other things and also was away on vacation (and I promised myself I would try and make it a semi-real vacation and stay away from work...more or less).

I need to check up on forum maintenance and then will respond.

gabe
01-05-2010, 12:25 PM
First, in response to x2495iii closing a thread, I view it to be a very minor deal. Did the thread absolutely need to be closed? No. But I have no problem with him doing so. It was one thread that was pretty much dead anyway. And I trust x2495iii's judgement. He truly cares about the Alice community.

Second, about violence in Alice worlds. I love uplifting, motivating and beautiful worlds. But if making a shooting game motivates you to learn to program, by all means make shooting games. Everyone has different motivations, and unless it is completely offensive (shooting field-goal kicking zombies is not, for me at least), I encourage you to express your ideas through Alice as best you can. While I would like to see more challenging and thought-provoking worlds, I don't expect them all to be like that. If you make 10 shooting games in a row, I may suggest you try a different genre, just as if you create 10 beautiful landscapes in a row, you're not learning anything new.

But perhaps I'm the wrong person to ask about shooting violence. If I've had a long day, I enjoy a good shoot-em-up movie or FPS. I don't consider either to be high art (with a few exceptions), but they have their place.

jediaction
01-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Well Gabe, i have e-mailed you and i have posted a lot of shooting but none in a row, ive worked on Mirrors edge, game creator, windows, FPS, #rd person, RPG (almost done) and lots of others plus a new ENTIRLY new game that you jump to avoid objects. So yah

gabe
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Well Gabe, i have e-mailed you and i have posted a lot of shooting but none in a row, ive worked on Mirrors edge, game creator, windows, FPS, #rd person, RPG (almost done) and lots of others plus a new ENTIRLY new game that you jump to avoid objects. So yah

Has the community been providing feedback? I am happy to take a look at anything you are particularly proud of. However, my feedback should be taken with a grain of salt -- I am neither a programmer nor a heavy gamer. Though I do like to think I have good taste! ;)

jediaction
03-22-2010, 09:39 AM
Howd you like my mirrors edge?

Humza
03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Congratz x2495iiii :) <3

jediaction
03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
hey Humza, you know he became a moderator like 5 months ago but good for congragulating. Anyway...hi

Egg
05-03-2010, 12:50 PM
cool a mod =)

jediaction
05-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Before you start walking on everyones thread. Read the dates of when the threads were posted. This is a really old thread and has not been commented in a while. Anyway, Welcome to the community. If you sgn up on the A-Tom studios page before 2 mroe people. You will be a beta tester for the BIGGEST ALICE GAME OF THE YEAR !!!STORM!!!. Act fast, the positions are going

shaydon
05-04-2010, 12:39 AM
BIGGEST ALICE GAME OF THE YEAR !!!STORM!!!.

how do you know it will be the biggest? x2495iiii might bring out some good games? and wongwanchap's panda game is a really good game

jediaction
05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Well, were advertising it a lot and saying so much about it. A-Tom studios needs to get known so when ever we say "New game from A-Tom studios" automatically everyoen will say to there selves "oh my gosh, its going to be so cool, NEED MORE INFORMATION!" Get what im saying?

Dameria
05-04-2010, 03:48 PM
I really don't say that to myself at all. As a matter of fact I think it is bad to advertise as much as you are doing. When this game actually comes out we are going to have very high expectations for it because of how much you are talking about it, and if it even has a few bugs people will criticize you. I remember the same thing happened to Chris101b when he talked about how "good" his game was going to be last year, and it ended up being anticlimactic...

I'm just saying, don't be too cocky about your games and expect there to be criticism when it comes out. Its better to be humble and have a bad game than be cocky and have a mediocre game.

jediaction
05-04-2010, 04:12 PM
Got it, thanks for the advice. SIGN UP ON THE A-TOM STUDIOS website before the BETA slots are open. yesterday the Halo Reach BETA came out, but you have to have ODST to play it. OH MY GOSH< SO COOL!

King Gamer(gorit)
05-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Private acording to jedi??

jediaction
05-04-2010, 05:54 PM
I see what you mean but please delete that message before some one reads that plan. Thats private!

Dameria
05-04-2010, 06:38 PM
I have now declasified oficialy that this will be our last game that is using alice models and not buit from the ground up. In the next few months we will have some of the most advanced profesional games coming out from alice ever. The current project is a kick start and should be of exceptional quality already.

I'll believe it when I see it. You say you are going to be making professional games, creating your own objects to use in them, so I will be much more strict in criticizing your games than I have with most other people. I'm expecting these games to be of professional quality now, don't disappoint :)

I will be very impressed if it is more fun than Resident Penguin, but really who can beat Resident Penguin. If it has is a story-line only game, then it will have a low replay value, but because RP is a wave game where you can get a better outcome every time you play, it has a high replay value and I find myself playing it frequently even now. I hope your games will be that addicting.

King Gamer(gorit)
05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Ok, Dameria you are just getting on my nerves and can you unqoute me becuase jedi is mad.

jediaction
05-04-2010, 08:15 PM
stop argueing. Storm is the beginning warm up project, the rest are going to be better with story lines and cutcenes and simplified scripts

King Gamer(gorit)
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
stop argueing. Storm is the beginning warm up project, the rest are going to be better with story lines and cutcenes and simplified scripts

Jedi to the rescue with words of wisdom!:D

jediaction
05-04-2010, 08:19 PM
I'm not that wise but just like making games. im working on a Unity 3d game, its really good right now but im trying to figure out how to add cutscenes, do you know how King Gamer? Remember, lets not take this conversation that far or else we will detroy this thread

King Gamer(gorit)
05-04-2010, 08:38 PM
sweet, im not that wise but just crazy about making games. im working on a Unity 3d game, its really good right now but im trying to figure out how to add cutscenes, do you know how King Gamer? Remember, lets not take this conversation that far or else we will detroy this thread

Good point but i don't I am still learning unity and don't have to much time with hanging out with freinds and soccer.

x2495iiii
05-04-2010, 10:56 PM
how do you know it will be the biggest? x2495iiii might bring out some good games? and wongwanchap's panda game is a really good game

Thanks for thinking of us shaydon.

I'm just saying, don't be too cocky about your games and expect there to be criticism when it comes out. Its better to be humble and have a bad game than be cocky and have a mediocre game.

That's how I do it. I talk as little as possible about my games, then post it when its done and say I'm proud of it.

I will be very impressed if it is more fun than Resident Penguin, but really who can beat Resident Penguin. If it has is a story-line only game, then it will have a low replay value, but because RP is a wave game where you can get a better outcome every time you play, it has a high replay value and I find myself playing it frequently even now. I hope your games will be that addicting.

Thanks, D!

Ok, Dameria you are just getting on my nerves and can you unqoute me becuase jedi is mad.

Don't see why either of you are getting mad. All past comments aside, virtually nothing about A-TOM studios has been private. You've been publicizing your every action and planned action since you started your group project.

sweet, im not that wise but just crazy about making games. im working on a Unity 3d game, its really good right now but im trying to figure out how to add cutscenes, do you know how King Gamer? Remember, lets not take this conversation that far or else we will detroy this thread

Meh, the thread's kinda already "detroyed." I don't much mind, though, you guys've got a good strong discussion going here and I'm not about to stop it.

jediaction
05-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Meh, the thread's kinda already "detroyed." I don't much mind, though, you guys've got a good strong discussion going here and I'm not about to stop it.

Great, ok then never mid what i said, do you even know what meh means?

Good point but i don't I am still learning unity and don't have to much time with hanging out with freinds and soccer.

I sent youmy game already King

x2495iiii
05-05-2010, 10:16 AM
do you even know what meh means?

Friend o' mine actually said it was in the dictionary as "a feeling of lethargic apathy." It's like saying, "Well, there are problems here, but I don't intend to fix them, so let's move on."

jediaction
05-05-2010, 10:45 AM
I think thats correct, its from the simpsons you know. Ok, moving on, forget about this conversation

King Gamer(gorit)
05-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Jedi their is a tutorial on the unity website about making a game which covers cutscens found out last night and that is how i am going to learn unity.

jediaction
05-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Last time i checked, I could not find it. Thanks

DensetsuNoKaboom
08-15-2010, 06:17 PM
I know this is way late, but I need to send my congratulations too!

debussybunny563
08-15-2010, 06:26 PM
I know this is way late, but I need to send my congratulations too!
And here's my tribute: (in the signature)
Tell me what you think!

x2495iiii
08-15-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

And that's very nice debussybunny. I'm terrible at ASCII art, so I could never get something like that. Great job!

debussybunny563
08-15-2010, 08:45 PM
My sig can only be up to 500 characters, INCLUDING spaces, so I had to keep it relatively small.

Also, I first created it in Notepad, where all the widths and heights of all characters are the same, so it's a little different once you copy an paste it. Also, it messes up the spaces I put, so I had to add the little '---' hyphens to keep the sig from aligning all the way to the left.

Glad you like it though.

zbate1988
10-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Can any one help me create a method to make a goldfish swim realistically for two meters

jediaction
10-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Sure. Well, its pretty much make the fish swim forward, then in a do together make the tail swish back and fourth quickly. Helping?

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-02-2010, 06:56 PM
And by the way, if you ever need help with Alice, use the How Do I...? section from now on. That's why it was made.

shaydon
10-11-2010, 11:41 PM
And here's my tribute: (in the signature)
Tell me what you think!

you should be a moderator too!:D

The R4 DS/R4/R4DS (http://www.ndscardhot.com) Cartridge is the current top-of-the-line in DS SLOT-1 flash cards on
PS3 Break, revolutionary, the inventory are being sold worldwide now!The R4 DS/R4/R4DS Cartridge is the current top-of-the-line in DS SLOT-1 flash cards
PS3 USB Break (http://www.cardsnds.com)

wow i didnt know that ps3'3 had any thing to do with alice
NOOB!

x2495iiii
10-11-2010, 11:48 PM
On my thread too?

Unforgivable.

http://www.ubercharged.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/ban_hammer.jpg

debussybunny563
10-11-2010, 11:49 PM
Nah, x2495iiii does a great job as it is.

Besides, I don't know how good a job I'd do, and as X has stated, there currently isn't much need for another one.

shaydon
10-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Nah, x2495iiii does a great job as it is.

Besides, I don't know how good a job I'd do, and as X has stated, there currently isn't much need for another one.

suck up much lolz

x2495iiii
10-11-2010, 11:52 PM
suck up much lolz

How dare you?!?!?

....not really. I don't ban good people.

jediaction
10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
On my thread too?

Unforgivable.

He's just trying to advertise anyway he can!!!! Give him a serious warning, If he does it again, It will notify me the split second to it doesnt matter if he delets it. Its too late, ok X. Dont Ban him yet

David B
02-01-2011, 06:14 PM
Nice job! I hope that someday I will become a moderator as well!

jediaction
02-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Well. I like your enthusiasm but Gabe barely got X a moderator. I dont think that will happen. Plus, your pretty knew around here. X has been here for years, and so have I

David B
02-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Well. I like your enthusiasm but Gabe barely got X a moderator. I dont think that will happen. Plus, your pretty knew around here. X has been here for years, and so have I

Yes, I am pretty new around here, and there is no arguing that I would like to make my mark, just as X, you, and even Arty-FishL have. You guys are actually some of the ones of recieved the most advice from.

jediaction
02-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Well Im here to help

CoherentCharlie
02-02-2011, 03:19 PM
Congrats! :D:D:D

David B
02-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Well, maybe I'll get lucky some day. But for now, I am glad to be an Alice Community Forums Member!

jediaction
02-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Congrats! :D:D:D

He was made moderator a long time ago, just a heads up. A lot of people forget to look at what date the thread was made. This one is old so...yah. I forgot once to on another thread

David B
02-03-2011, 04:23 PM
He was made moderator a long time ago, just a heads up. A lot of people forget to look at what date the thread was made. This one is old so...yah. I forgot once to on another thread

Oops. My mistake. Oh well. I still though this thread was interesting.

jediaction
03-16-2011, 09:55 AM
k

beachbum111111
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
OMG I WANTZ T0 BE TEH M0D TROLOLOLOL. Jk. But seriously I am happy that x is a mod. He is really fixing the community up. No I don't care about the date of this lol.

jediaction
06-21-2011, 06:09 PM
He has been absent for a while though.

beachbum111111
06-21-2011, 06:21 PM
That's "absent". But yeah we need more mods xD.

jediaction
06-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Right, why the pineapple did I misspell that, I never misspell that! Wow, thanks for pointing that out. I guess its because I am doing so many things at once, and when you type so fast, that is what happens.

beachbum111111
06-21-2011, 08:31 PM
You spelled it wrong AGAIN xD

jediaction
06-21-2011, 09:25 PM
lol. Ok, Now I am slowly typing...there!

reuben2011
06-22-2011, 04:45 AM
Well, many forums have forum-specific moderators in addition to global/super moderators that have access across to the whole forum board. Maybe we can convince Gabe (the admin) to have forum-specific moderators for forums that have regular traffic.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Well, many forums have forum-specific moderators in addition to global/super moderators that have access across to the whole forum board. Maybe we can convince Gabe (the admin) to have forum-specific moderators for forums that have regular traffic.

They barely got by with making X a moderator. Besides, who would be the new moderators?

(piercing stare at jediaction)

reuben2011
06-22-2011, 12:45 PM
I know some sites have semi-annual for most of the moderators and they usually have to submit an "application" that shows their effectiveness of being a moderator. These applications are usually PM'ed to the admin. However, first, the admin usually submits a forum "announcement." The admin sets starting and ending dates of the when applications are due, what positions are available (like for which forums), and after the final due date, the admin sifts through the applications until they find the moderators they want.

Of course, it's not like there's another new post every tenth of a second, but I think the site has started to become more active.

InsertName
07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
I guess, I just got here.

David B
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Yeah we need more mods xD.

They barely got by with making X a moderator. Besides, who would be the new moderators?

(piercing stare at jediaction)

All of the active users of the forums. (jediaction, zone, densetsu..., arty-fishL, sfunk, me, etc.)

DensetsuNoKaboom
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
All of the active users of the forums. (jediaction, zone, densetsu..., arty-fishL, sfunk, me, etc.)
They barely got by with making X a moderator.
-_-

David B
08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
-_-

Yes, I know they barely got him to be one, but they should barely get all of us to be moderators too.

beachbum111111
08-01-2011, 12:12 PM
But some of the active users don't really help others new users with problems. I think Arty-Fishl should be the only new mod.

David B
08-01-2011, 12:48 PM
But some of the active users don't really help others new users with problems. I think Arty-Fishl should be the only new mod.

I think we should all be new mods.

beachbum111111
08-01-2011, 02:16 PM
No. Just because we post doesn't mean we are mod material. And I think you have to be 18 or older to be a mod on most forums.

David B
08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
No. Just because we post doesn't mean we are mod material. And I think you have to be 18 or older to be a mod on most forums.

That's true, but as long as we don't spam, and are more or less helpful, we should be considered mod material, and I think all of the active users of the forums do this.

beachbum111111
08-01-2011, 06:25 PM
None of you have been insulted on the forum therefore gabe can't determine if you would ban based off your emotions or for the good of the community.

David B
08-02-2011, 08:15 AM
None of you have been insulted on the forum therefore gabe can't determine if you would ban based off your emotions or for the good of the community.

Well, if none of us have been insulted, isn't it safe to assume that we are all good citizens of the community?

arty-fishL
08-02-2011, 11:10 AM
I would happily be a mod, but there is no chance of anybody becoming one - as was already said. So there therefore is certainly no chance of everybody becoming one.

David B
08-02-2011, 03:54 PM
... So there therefore is certainly no chance of everybody becoming one.

Unfortunately.

jediaction
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Thats a responsibility.

arty-fishL
08-03-2011, 09:23 AM
Level up
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6048/levelupm.png
+1
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6507/overlordv.png
:(
http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6521/bannednow.png

x2495iiii
08-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Ha.

I don't know if I can ban admins.

It's not like I can find out without getting banned myself.

I'm betting I can't.

David B
08-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Level up
+1

Very nice Arty!

Ha.

I don't know if I can ban admins.

It's not like I can find out without getting banned myself.

I'm betting I can't.

I don't know about this forum, but on mine, even admins can't ban other admins, so mods definetely can't.

DensetsuNoKaboom
11-23-2011, 02:53 PM
agreed. reporters are monkeys, or overly protective mothers. I was just wondering because yesterday everyones answers and quest chins were getting reported by a troll. but that troll kept it up for 8 hours. i thought maybe they hired a real monkey for moderating. guess not, My trolling days continue.

OHOHOHO get it because I'm reporting this post right now for being spam and advertising.

jediaction
11-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I would post an image, becuase I have one to, but it won't let me...

x2495iiii
11-23-2011, 05:03 PM
They're getting a bit more clever about it.

That text was copied from Yahoo answers, instead of being copied from somewhere on the forums.

It even posted something about a moderator on a thread about a moderator.

Still, the links at the bottom always give it away, right?

AliceMaster00
12-12-2011, 02:56 AM
Cool.This is for the admin thing x was taking abouut DEEP in the thread, sorry.

David B
12-12-2011, 06:29 PM
They're getting a bit more clever about it.

That text was copied from Yahoo answers, instead of being copied from somewhere on the forums.

It even posted something about a moderator on a thread about a moderator.

Still, the links at the bottom always give it away, right?

Getting more clever about what?

beachbum111111
12-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Getting more clever about what?

The spambots are getting a bit better. The people who advertise want to make them sell there stuff and not get caught and banned. So they program more stuff into them to make them smarter.

beachbum111111
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
level up
+1

1227 posts?!?!? Omg u n33d 1337 2 b3 adm1n olololololol.

David B
12-13-2011, 03:55 PM
1227 posts?!?!? Omg u n33d 1337 2 b3 adm1n olololololol.

Stop trolling!

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11964/12251907.jpg

Yes, I have noticed that they are getting better. (I have also noticed that some of them can even get by a captcha on thier own!)

beachbum111111
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Stop trolling!

http://memegenerator.net/cache/instances/400x/11/11964/12251907.jpg

Yes, I have noticed that they are getting better. (I have also noticed that some of them can even get by a captcha on thier own!)

I R TR0LL l00l

David B
12-22-2011, 03:45 PM
i r tr0ll l00l

i r tr0ll 2!

beachbum111111
12-22-2011, 05:02 PM
i r tr0ll 2!

i r betre tr0l ololololol

Mr Kidnapper
12-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Not good enough.