PDA

View Full Version : For the better alice

tgsoon2002
02-02-2010, 05:41 PM
Actually I have planning make a program like Alice.
I wonder do you code Alice using Alice itself?
There few features Alice should have.
1 The code view. where you can type and freely change.
This is why many school teach you to learn the code for truly understand what running behind all of fancy GUI
2 Alice use for multilprogramminglanguage.
I don't know what the language Alice use. I suggest it's open for more programming language. Like c#, C++, java, even oracle.
.... More will appear in future.
I my self find Alice is wonderful way to teach and coding in future. I hope everyone give more idea to improve Alice. And I want Alice to be free for everyone forever. This way more people know and can use is.
I will commercia for alice for free and hope Alice do the same for the world.
GOAMK (Good Of ALL MandKind)

x2495iiii
02-02-2010, 09:11 PM
There's an improved version of Alice out now which has several features, including a scripting and coding format for the worlds.
1. Alice 3 will have that, but Mama has a few features like that already.
2. Alice is Java based, written using Python.
I'm glad you like Alice, and because it's produced by Carnegie Mellon, a college and by extension a non-profit organization, it will be free forever. However, Mama has been made as an improvement to Alice by a programmer who worked very hard to fix nearly all of the problems Alice had. Because he focused much time and effort into this product, the small $10 price tag is really worth it, in my opinion.

Go ahead and download the 30 day full version trial from here:

http://www.eytam.com/mama

And you'll see what I mean.

jediaction
02-03-2010, 07:29 AM
I did not get in "mama" of how to switch scenes, and is it only for making movies

x2495iiii
02-03-2010, 09:47 AM
No, you can make games too. It's really just like Alice, but with most of the bugs fixed, almost all of the requested features added, and a few extras that might take a bit of experimentation to learn (like the scene changing), but in the end will be a great help to you.

Also, remember that a comprehensive help guide is included on the Mama site.

jediaction
02-03-2010, 10:22 AM
So its like a new Alice