PDA

View Full Version : Alice Community Game Contest!

x2495iiii
02-10-2010, 07:00 PM
Alright, this started out as just a way to keep a few game-makers motivated to keep working on their Alice games until they were finished, but since then it's become a sort of unofficial contest between all of the Alice authors to see who's best work is really the "Best Work!" It's a game-making contests for the members of the Alice Community.

Here are the rules:

Rule #1: There are no set deadlines at this point, but with at so many entrants with so many completely different work schedules, we can't expect to have them all done at the same time. So, I'm going to set a tentative deadline of July 1st (I figure you'll all have a month of summer break just before that). There's no limit to when you can enter, though, so feel free to join/drop out as you like. To join, post to this thread.

Rule #2: It has to be a full game. No movies (unless they're cutscenes for your game), no demos, and no works-in-progress. Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit. Each entry should have these features:
-an object of the game
-a reasonable challenge
-a way to win and a way (or ways) to lose

Other than that, go nuts!

You can submit your worlds here:

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=20292#post20292

Rule #3: It should be as bug-free as you can make it. It's very difficult, however, to find all the bugs in a program you always play a certain way, so there will be a preliminary bug-testing round where the first versions are released so that others can play them and report any bugs they find. After which, we can fix the bugs (and make NO other changes) and release the final versions.

Rule #4: The entries will be judged by the people of the Alice community and a panel of three judges who will be identified on the day of the contest (this is to avoid biased decisions on my part, as I will be entering the contest and as such cannot act as a referee). The judges' duties will be to determine an entry's eligibility, settle ties, and to cast their own special votes. Each game will be judged in three different areas (higher priority means it carries more influence when deciding the winner):
-Most positive feedback (medium priority)
-Fewest bugs (miedium-high priority)
-Released first (low priority)
-Judge's scores (each judge will rate each entry 1-10, high priority)
-A straight up vote (high priority). In order to ensure no one votes for their own world, the poll will have to be public.

Rule #5: Though it is a competition, it's supposed to be light spirited. Remember, only one entry can win, so regardless of the outcome, I expect good sportsmanship all around.

Entrants:
chris101b
jediaction
dubastot
x2495iiii
Niteshifter
KingGamer(gorit)
rich0e0rick
zonedabone
Zack Strife
madden
arty-fishL
dmitchell
reuben2011
lowrider001
Delpenator
RockytheConcreteDonkey

May the best world win!

Niteshifter
02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I would like to join. I've actually been meaning to make a game but never got around to it yet :p

x2495iiii - Done.

King Gamer(gorit)
02-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Ok well I was wondering if I could join and enter the game I am currently working on. I had started A litle bit over 2 weeks ago but all I have is the opening cutscene. So, I'm in either way but I would just like to know if I could use that world.

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
02-11-2010, 09:11 AM
King Gamer, yes you can join. We would love more people into this contest

x2495iiii
02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Ok well I was wondering if I could join and enter the game I am currently working on. I had started A litle bit over 2 weeks ago but all I have is the opening cutscene. So, I'm in either way but I would just like to know if I could use that world.

It has to be a game, remember. The opening cutscene is okay, but there has to be a gameplay aspect to it.

jediaction
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Yah a game, but there can be an opening scene to it.

King Gamer(gorit)
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Ok, I was wondering If I could enter this game becasue I have been working on it but, thanks for letting me know I'm in. This will be my best game ever.:D:D:D

jediaction
02-11-2010, 03:20 PM
Looking forward to it

rich0e0rick
02-11-2010, 06:07 PM
hey guys, i know you haven't heard from me in a lonnnnngggggg while, I've been so busy, and guess what i see when i log in? Contest!!! Woot,woot....

So yea, now that my excitement is out of the way, i think ill be able to join in and get going on my plane game, since at least it will give me some reason to continue working on it.That is, if its still open for entries? By July first, i should be finished right? ;). Still got lots of personal stuff going on, so i might not be able to log in often and work on it right now, so hopefully you guys wont miss me and think I died or that I'm dropping out of the contest. :D:D

:D:DRick:D:D

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM
Well Rick, there are still spots open so fell free to join. Now remember, there are rules and certain requirements that need to be in the game in the post.

If you did not read the rules yet, there 9 posts up

shaydon
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
hey i would like to join but i dont want to be to serious i aiming for 2nd to last:)

jediaction
02-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Well shaydon, i guess you can join but remember this is a competition. I dont want everyone thinking (i dont want to be serious) or this competition would be pointless. Some one will take the title of

!BEST GAME MAKER!

So I am saying, you can do this but i dont want everyone to start doing this. I hope im making myself clear

Zack Strife
02-11-2010, 07:56 PM
I would also like to join, I plan on making a game out of Midgar, though I'm thinking It will only be in sector 1, I won't be able to have memory enough to make it around all of Midgar.

shaydon
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Well shaydon, i guess you can join but remember this is a competition. I dont want everyone thinking (i dont want to be serious) or this competition would be pointless. Some one will take the title of

!BEST GAME MAKER!

So I am saying, you can do this but i dont want everyone to start doing this. I hope im making myself clear

okay then count me out mayby when i have a better understanding with alice
thanks anyway

zonedabone
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Are we allowed to use python scripting? If so, I'm in! I'm wanting to make a game that can save, have high scores, and even possibly update itself! (Possibly download a new version, and leave it to the user to run that version.) You won't be dissapointed!

Ok! I'm planning on making a game called Headshot! It's a first person shooter with profiles, and possibly online high scores!

x2495iiii
02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
I would also like to join, I plan on making a game out of Midgar, though I'm thinking It will only be in sector 1, I won't be able to have memory enough to make it around all of Midgar.

Done.

okay then count me out mayby when i have a better understanding with alice
thanks anyway

If you change your mind, let me know.

Are we allowed to use python scripting? If so, I'm in! I'm wanting to make a game that can save, have high scores, and even possibly update itself! (Possibly download a new version, and leave it to the user to run that version.) You won't be dissapointed!

Yup, in fact I'm planning on script-ifying RP4.

Zack Strife
02-12-2010, 03:07 PM
It is going to be a game, though i'm not sure I will even stand a chance with all these jython geniuses

x2495iiii
02-12-2010, 06:25 PM
It is going to be a game, though i'm not sure I will even stand a chance with all these jython geniuses

Don't worry about that. The jython scripting thing has only recently been discovered, and the only one who's getting relly good at it is zonedabone, only one of your competitors.

Besides, the contest is for the best overall game, not necessarily the one with the most features.

x2495iiii
02-12-2010, 11:59 PM
As cool as the jython discussion is, it's kind of off topic. This thread is meant for contest entries and inquiries only, so I've moved it to a different thread in the How Do I...? forum.

jediaction
02-14-2010, 09:06 AM
ok

Zack Strife
02-14-2010, 04:31 PM
I am no longer yusing my midgar world i'm going to make a game using a rpg engion never before seen on Alice

madden
02-14-2010, 06:17 PM
I am totally in. I haven't really been on in a while so... sorry I didn't get to reply until now. haha, but yea, I will do the best I can. Good luck everybody. :)

x2495iiii - Oh yeah, NOW it's a competition!

King Gamer(gorit)
02-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Man, I thought you abandonned Alice, I never see you on these forums. YOou probably dont know me but you were still active when I joined and I thought you where so good at making games.

madden
02-15-2010, 07:17 AM
Man, I thought you abandonned Alice, I never see you on these forums. YOou probably dont know me but you were still active when I joined and I thought you where so good at making games.

Haha, nope. Not abandoning Alice. I just been very busy lately. I am actually in the works of a very big project. So hopefully that will help... redeem for my absence lately. And thanks man :D

jediaction
02-15-2010, 09:54 AM
My project is big and always improving to. Watch out! I do not fell like its good right onw but i hope it will be very good

arty-fishL
02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
ok, I will enter

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
02-15-2010, 05:13 PM
What do you mean x2495iiii - done

Just wait for a reply...Im replying so

Yes you can join. If you have not read the rules there on the first page, and the first comment of this thread

King Gamer(gorit)
02-15-2010, 07:58 PM
OK, I just saw a post by one of the people in this comp saying they where going to post their game in a week. If one of the categories is time realesed I might as well say goodby now. But I wont. So all I would like to know is when will our worlds need to be in by.
P.S. Thanks in advance.

zonedabone
02-15-2010, 08:02 PM
That means that he registered the user.

x2495iiii
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
What do you mean x2495iiii - done

Just wait for a reply...Im replying so

Yes you can join. If you have not read the rules there on the first page, and the first comment of this thread

It means I've edited his entry post so that I know that he's on the list. It's like punching a train ticket.

OK, I just saw a post by one of the people in this comp saying they where going to post their game in a week. If one of the categories is time realesed I might as well say goodby now. But I wont. So all I would like to know is when will our worlds need to be in by.
P.S. Thanks in advance.

Deadline for posting of worlds is listed in the rules. There's no limit to how early you can submit them, however, so if you think your submission is good enough right now, go ahead and submit it. You'll get the "Released First" category, but you aren't allowed to alter anything in the world but bugs after you submit it, so you may lose out on the quality-based categories if you don't work long enough on it.

That means that he registered the user.

Yup, he got it.

jediaction
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
P.S. Thanks in advance.

You have until July 1st

arty-fishL
02-16-2010, 06:25 AM
I have made some game models, but some of them are quite large file sizes and large poly counts. I dont want to take away any quality from the game, so can I publish my game in several parts, several worlds, that fit together, in order, as one game?

Instead of completely losing the game can the player go back to a checkpoint?

jediaction
02-16-2010, 07:32 AM
If you know how to do checkpoints then go ahead. But i will have to talk with x2495iiii about having more than 1 world for a game

x2495iiii
02-16-2010, 08:11 AM
I have made some game models, but some of them are quite large file sizes and large poly counts. I dont want to take away any quality from the game, so can I publish my game in several parts, several worlds, that fit together, in order, as one game?

Instead of completely losing the game can the player go back to a checkpoint?

There's another contestant who's breaking his game up into episodes, but since this particular contest asks for only one world, he's only submitting his first. I later planned to have a Best Series competition and let him submit all of his episodes, but for this one part of the contest is seeing how much you can fit into one Alice world.

jediaction
02-16-2010, 08:32 AM
Yah, if i made Resident penguin, I have so many ideas for it. Hero's ive played a beaten and lost hundreds of times so its so good! But not good enough. Its poop so far

madden
02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
Alright, this started out as just a way to keep a few game-makers motivated to keep working on their Alice games until they were finished, but since then it's become a sort of unofficial contest between all of the Alice authors to see who's best work is really the "Best Work!" It's a game-making contests for the members of the Alice Community.

Here are the rules:

Rule #1: There are no set deadlines at this point, but with at least four entrants with four completely different work schedules, we can't expect to have them all done at the same time. So, I'm going to set a tentative deadline of July 1st (I figure you'll all have a month of summer break just before that). There's no limit to when you can enter, though, so feel free to join/drop out as you like. To join, post to this thread.

Rule #2: It has to be a full game. No movies (unless they're cutscenes for your game), no demos, and no works-in-progress. Each entry should have these features:
-an object of the game
-a reasonable challenge
-a way to win and a way (or ways) to lose

Other than that, go nuts!

Rule #3: It should be as bug-free as you can make it. It's very difficult, however, to find all the bugs in a program you always play a certain way, so there will be a preliminary bug-testing round where the first versions are released so that others can play them and report any bugs they find. After which, we can fix the bugs (and make NO other changes) and release the final versions.

Rule #4: The entries will be judged by the people of the Alice community. Each games will be judged in three different areas:
-Most positive feedback
-Fewest bugs
-Released first
-A straight up vote via an anonymous poll

Rule #5: Though it is a competition, it's supposed to be light spirited. Remember, only one entry can win, so regardless of the outcome, I expect good sportsmanship all around.

Entrants:
chris101b
jediaction
dubastot
x2495iiii
Niteshifter
KingGamer(gorit)
rich0e0rick
zonedabone
Zack Strife
madden
arty-fishL

May the best world win!

Hey I actually have a few questions...

1. Do we upload our worlds on this forum, or just make a new one and post the link up here?
2. Is this elimination rules or is it just one round?
3. Can you enter more then one world or just one?

Yup, I think thats all, And I am getting mine done pretty fast. So expect mine up in a week or two. :)

jediaction
02-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Well Madden I posted thread where you post all your competition games so that answeres that question. The elimination x2495iiii willl have to answer that and the last question you can you only post 1 world. There could be exceptions but there have been other questions similar to yours.

x2495iiii
02-16-2010, 05:51 PM
I was planning on having it be one-round. I was just going to wait until the last entry to put a poll up, then let the vote take place, then take a look at the amount of positive feedback each game is getting and which one was released first.

jediaction
02-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Hold on Hold on. What do you mean, which one was posted first!?!?!

x2495iiii
02-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Remember the rules? It says pretty clearly that that's one of the factors that will be taken into consideration when the winner is being chosen.

zarfang8
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I'd like to join.

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
SO it matters who posts first

zonedabone
02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Yep. You'd better believe it, although I doubt it will factor in more than the quality.

zarfang8
02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
I doubt it will factor in more than the quality.

I agree, I bet it will only be like, 20%, and quality will be a whopping50-70. Then other things will count in to fill the gaps, such as reader-(no...no...gamer) reaction. please don't ask my why I didn't just backspace reader. I already did and me didn't tell I why.

jediaction
02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Yep. You'd better believe it, although I doubt it will factor in more than the quality.

SHOOT! I need to speed up my building rate. I was planning to post in May. Now im thinking march! AHH WHAT TO DO. I will be looking for everyone elses games in March so hehe

jediaction
02-19-2010, 04:15 PM

I have a question. Are you aloud to vote for your own game?

x2495iiii
02-19-2010, 04:20 PM
No rule against it, I suppose, but there probably should be, just in case only a few of the other users who haven't entered into the contest end up voting.

I'll think about it.

jediaction
02-19-2010, 04:54 PM
You know what, I want to make that rule. I dont think tehy should be aloud. Are you goign to put up a poll saying which was the best

jediactions Hero's Mission 1
Chris101bs Inflintration 2
X2495iiiis Resident penguin 4
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc...

You get it. Are you? Oh and make sure when ever someone posts there game they post it on my Game contest thread thats only for the games. The comments go on the other one

lanceA
02-19-2010, 07:23 PM
You know what, I want to make that rule. I dont think tehy should be aloud. Are you goign to put up a poll saying which was the best

jediactions Hero's Mission 1
Chris101bs Inflintration 2
X2495iiiis Resident penguin 4
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc...

You get it. Are you? Oh and make sure when ever someone posts there game they post it on my Game contest thread thats only for the games. The comments go on the other one

Am I allowed to vote NO multiple times against jedications submission simply because he is flooding the room with non-sensical posts?

Get serious here.

jediaction
02-19-2010, 07:33 PM
Im not flooding the room Lance. How come, everytime i see you comment, its always against me, please stop!

cardsfan527
02-19-2010, 10:56 PM
I agree with jedi here. He hasn't posted anything completely worthless or unrelated. He was proposing a rule and shouldnt be criticized for it.

x2495iiii
02-19-2010, 11:11 PM
Well, Lance may not have read the entire post or the previous posts, which is something you've done too, jediaction, so go easy on him. By the way, Lance, your students are free to enter the contest as well. If you'd like, you can even enter a submission from your best student on their behalf. It has to comply with the rules, though, so please read the first post in this thread carefully before choosing.

I don't think there's a way to vote multiple times on a poll anyway. Even I can't do it (though I CAN change poll results to whatever I want...hehe).

As for the rule, sure I suppose it can be an official addition. Adds an element of sportsmanship to the contest. Good call, jediaction.

I'm glad to see you're so involved and enthusiastic about the contest, jediaction, but you kind of created that "official" submission thread without my permission. It's no harm to use it, I suppose, but please leave the contest administration to me from now on. I'd rather you focused on answering other users' questions and making your submission the best that it can be.

jediaction
02-20-2010, 09:49 AM
Well, Lance may not have read the entire post or the previous posts, which is something you've done too, jediaction, so go easy on him. By the way, Lance, your students are free to enter the contest as well.

Ok but im just helping you know. You cant take it the wrong way;)

dmitchell
02-27-2010, 02:48 AM
im in

ps how do i post the games

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
02-27-2010, 11:00 AM
Go to attachments when your posting a thread or comment down at the bottom

zarfang8
02-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?

he is flooding the room with non-sensical posts

If you're so ticked about it, then don't make huge quotes that take up lots of space unless it is neccessary, and If it is only include the details in your quote that are actually important. See mine? I didn't quote you're whole paragraph, just one small sentence. You could do this to keep from "flooding" the thread. I've seen a lot of big, unneccessary quotes, (And this is not only from jedi and lance) that don't need to be there and if they really do could simply be like, one or two sentences long.

jediaction
02-27-2010, 01:27 PM
I fixed the comments

x2495iiii
02-27-2010, 05:57 PM
[QUOTE=zarfang8;17672]Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?

Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit.

If two or more entrants who were going to work alone decide to work together, there can only be one submission between them and all but one name will be removed from the list (this one name can be replaced by a team name if you wish).

x2495iiii
02-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Deplenator and I were thinking about making a racing game, and would work together on it. I suppose this would not be legal to post on the game contest?

Team efforts are acceptable as long as you don't mind sharing the credit.

If two or more entrants who were going to work alone decide to work together, there can only be one submission between them and all but one name will be removed from the list (this one name can be replaced by a team name if you wish).

madden
02-27-2010, 06:22 PM
So I know March 1st is basically the due date, Which means I have like 2 days left to finish my project. Haha, Thing is... My project was going to be a C.S.S Level (The third one to be exact), but I only have the first fourth of the level built.. The problem isn't that I can't get it done in time.. its that, in that one fourth of the level, I have used a bunch of memory.. and I have used so much code that I am afraid if I add anymore then it will freeze (Which it already has a few times... trying to fix that). And I know you where talking about making another contest with a series instead of just one project. So my question is... Can I enter just one forth of my project (Yes it will still have an ending, it will just be very short) into this contest, and then re-enter it into the series contest plus the other three fourths of the level (Or maybe even the whole game), or should I just try and cram the whole level into one file and hope for the best?

x2495iiii
02-27-2010, 06:29 PM
March 1st? Who told you that? Check the beginning post again, the date's July 1st, not March. You still have four months.

jediaction
02-27-2010, 07:36 PM
Where are the first 2. I loved that game. Coolest ive ever ever seen. I wanted to play more. It was too good

madden
02-28-2010, 08:34 AM
March 1st? Who told you that? Check the beginning post again, the date's July 1st, not March. You still have four months.

Oh haha, my bad. For some reason I thought it was march 1st.. weird. So, can I enter this into this contest and then re enter it into the next contest along with the other continued parts too?

Where are the first 2. I loved that game. Coolest ive ever ever seen. I wanted to play more. It was too good

Well the first is up here somewhere... And the second one is already done. But its just a town (Aka a place to buy weapons and stuff like that.) So I didn't think it would be suiting to put it in as my contest project. Due to the fact that your game must have a way for you to lose and win (A point). :)

But sense I found out that I actually have 4 months left to finish CSS. I think I will just finish the whole game in that time and pick my favorite part to enter into the contest. So I will probably upload "CSS ~ 2" And "CSS ~ 3 (Part 1)" soon.

jediaction
02-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh haha, my bad. For some reason I thought it was march 1st.. weird. So, can I enter this into this contest and then re enter it into the next contest along with the other continued parts too?

Well the first is up here somewhere... And the second one is already done. But its just a town (Aka a place to buy weapons and stuff like that.) So I didn't think it would be suiting to put it in as my contest project. Due to the fact that your game must have a way for you to lose and win (A point). :)

But sense I found out that I actually have 4 months left to finish CSS. I think I will just finish the whole game in that time and pick my favorite part to enter into the contest. So I will probably upload "CSS ~ 2" And "CSS ~ 3 (Part 1)" soon.

But, march first was when people are not waiting much longer and thats when x2495iiii said you lose points. He said it matters who posts first

x2495iiii
02-28-2010, 01:14 PM
No, I never said that either. You don't lose points for posting later in the contest, you earn points for posting earlier. Remember, it's a low priority when deciding the winner, though, so focus on the quality rather than the speed of your entries.

jediaction
02-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Thats what im doing

reuben2011
03-04-2010, 02:24 AM
Is it too late to enter? Also, does it have to be a game we have not uploaded to the site yet?

x2495iiii
03-04-2010, 02:26 AM
No on both counts. If you want you can enter now, and if you feel it's ready, you could enter your Escape the Kitchen game.

reuben2011
03-04-2010, 02:32 AM
Okay! I'll enter then!:D I know there are a few minor bugs in the game that I can fix to make it better. Thanks x2495iiii for remembering my game! I really feel part of the community here now!:D

x2495iiii
03-04-2010, 02:34 AM
No problem. Good luck with your submission!

jediaction
03-04-2010, 07:52 AM
Okay! I'll enter then!:D I know there are a few minor bugs in the game that I can fix to make it better. Thanks x2495iiii for remembering my game! I really feel part of the community here now!:D

I think everyone remembers your game. Its a hit, and the first of its kind for the Alice community

reuben2011
03-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Is there going to be a offcial topic/thread to attach our final game?

x2495iiii
03-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Jedi made one awhile back, not sure where it is, though.

jediaction
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Is there going to be a offcial topic/thread to attach our final game?

Yah, i made a thread and thats where i want the games to be posted. I wanted to be a part of the hosting for the contest so post there

wongwanchap
03-05-2010, 10:27 AM
It sounds interesting. Can we just use the world that have already use for other contest?

jediaction
03-05-2010, 10:57 AM
what?

x2495iiii
03-05-2010, 04:20 PM
It sounds interesting. Can we just use the world that have already use for other contest?

Yes, you can.

jediaction
03-05-2010, 08:29 PM
What was he asking?

wongwanchap
03-05-2010, 09:56 PM
What was he asking?

Sorry, I am always lose speaking.

Try to phrase my words again.
Can we use the "alice world" that have already used for other contest?
(Er... I don't think it's better...)

However, x2495iiii have already answer my question.
I have already finish my production. Just need to wait until April to release it, which is the deadline for the submission of my other contest.

jediaction
03-06-2010, 08:53 AM
never mind

madden
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
lol

jediaction
03-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Whats with lol?

madden
03-09-2010, 10:19 AM
Whats with lol?

Just enjoying reading your and wongwanchap's posts, thats all. haha :D

jediaction
03-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Are you gonna post the CSS game again. But level 2-3

lowrider001
03-11-2010, 11:25 AM
i wanna join

x2495iiii - Done.

jediaction
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
A little late but ok

madden
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Are you gonna post the CSS game again. But level 2-3

Yes, very very soon. I might just finish making the whole game and release that.. Ill make a pole on it as soon as I am done with the 4th part. :)

jediaction
03-11-2010, 03:57 PM
I have to say that was the most realistic Alice game ive ever seen. I dropped my jaw when i saw it. I cant wait, i would pay 15$ for this if it were that kind of game

King Gamer(gorit)
03-11-2010, 05:40 PM
About the person who is just joining it is not that bad because I am not very far in my game anyways.

jediaction
03-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Im gonna post my game soon. its just too glitchy right now. I am probably not going to win. X2495iiii, Is there First Place, Second Place, and Third Place winners, with secondary awards like best sounds, most creative and stuff like that?

zonedabone
03-11-2010, 09:01 PM
I haven't even started.:o All I've got is my awesome collision detection engine. Also, games run faster in the game player! It's amazing! Thanks, dennis! (Look around if you don't know what I mean)

jediaction
03-12-2010, 08:16 AM
Zoneabone, I cant wait to see waht you come up with because you are one of the best! I think shaydon said i was one of the best to. I feel so special. Thanks guys!!!

dubastot
03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
I believe this is a contest where everyone should get a prize of some sort.

By the way x249iii, I scrapped my old game and have started on a new one. Am I allowed to ask for ideas on missions?

Jediaction, please, for this one thread, don't post anymore useless comments like: we would love to have you in the contest

;)

shaydon
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
Zoneabone, I cant wait to see waht you come up with because you are one of the best! I think shaydon said i was one of the best to. I feel so special. Thanks guys!!!

yes ONE OF THE BEST which means it is not just you

x2495iiii
03-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Go ahead and ask for new ideas, but on a separate thread. I'm trying to limit this thread to questions and entries.

What kind of reward are you thinking about?

jediaction
03-13-2010, 02:57 PM
yes ONE OF THE BEST which means it is not just you

I never said i was one of the best. You guys said that and i appreciate that

zarfang8
03-13-2010, 05:56 PM
What kind of reward are you thinking about?

The problem with making an award is that it can't be any physical item. It has to be able to go on the internet. I think we should just say to heck with a reward and just be proud of the fact that you won if you did. That should be good enough.

x2495iiii
03-13-2010, 06:29 PM
That's what I was hoping you'd be satisfied with. I'd given it some thought and realized I can't really do anything substantial, and doing something unsubstantial would devalue the victory, so I figured the pride of being the best would be enough.

jediaction
03-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Well, there has to be a contest every 6 months

lanceA
03-13-2010, 07:20 PM
I believe this is a contest where everyone should get a prize of some sort.

Jediaction, please, for this one thread, don't post anymore useless comments like: we would love to have you in the contest

;)
I concur with dubastot on this! Is there any way to shut this kid up. His goal is to reach 1,265,256,001 posts and hopefully become 'something'. Please encourage him to spend more time working on perfecting his submission and less time with useless posts.

P-L-E-A-S-E

Thank you,

jediaction
03-13-2010, 07:32 PM
I concur with dubastot on this! Is there any way to shut this kid up. His goal is to reach 1,265,256,001 posts and hopefully become 'something'. Please encourage him to spend more time working on perfecting his submission and less time with useless posts.

P-L-E-A-S-E

Thank you,

Why is everyone so mean. Thats not useless commenting, im suggesging. Gosh, X, say something

Oh yah and by the way, this is the 100th post on this thread, HURRAY!

lanceA
03-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Why is everyone so mean. Thats not useless commenting, im suggesging. Gosh, X, say something

Oh yah and by the way, this is the 100th post on this thread, HURRAY!
Another useless post. Similar to his: "Oh, I didn't know that." ""Wow", "I did not mean that"

All of his posts definitely (cough, cough) ADD something to the learning processs most are sharing here.

His request: "Gosh, X, say something" obviously says something.

He's looking to you as his mentor X. . . . say something. But please stop his usless posts.

Thank you.

x2495iiii
03-13-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm so tired of this garbage...

Here's the thing: I've always been encouraging everyone to work on their submissions. Not just jedi (though I have told him personally to do so), everyone. And as far as his post count goes, I'll admit he may post a lot, sometimes needlessly, but he's not a spammer, he's just enthusiastic. besides, most people who have any sense in them judge by post quality, not post quantity. If you don't like it, add him to your ignore list instead of condemning him, because THAT can be considered flaming. Also, if you only want constructive criticism or some other specific form of feedback on your worlds or ideas, say so in your opening posts.

Now, I'll admit that his last post made no sense (the 6 months one) because I can't tell if he thought I said that of if he is suggesting that I implement that or what, but that can be cleared up by asking him what he means, not by yelling at him.

As for you jedi, I would prefer it if you put more effort into reading others' posts and answering based on those posts, as well as in spelling your posts properly (since everyone seems to attack you for that). It'll be beneficial for you in the long run anyway.

Now, this is the end of it. You've all been given instructions. Failure to follow them will result in punishment.

lanceA
03-14-2010, 06:44 PM
I'm so tired of this garbage...

Now you know how several of us feel about his "posts" - garbage!!!

You CAN put an end to it.

Thank you.

On a new thread: Meir - the licenses all installed succesfully. I will be in touch.

zarfang8
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
but he's not a spammer, he's just enthusiastic. [Jediaction]

X is right, Jediaction is a good guy. He's enthusiastic, he likes to talk,( and please correct me if that is not the purpose of a forum, To talk about alice) and his conversation is 99% of the time based on alice. And when it is not, it is normally relative to. I'm not talking to lanceA or Dubastot specifically, but Really? Jedi should get some credit. He just wants to be appreciated, he's not trying to spam. And lots of people tell him off when they don't really need to. And then everybody takes advantage of the fact that X is a super moderator and expects him to solve thier problems.

Jediaction doesn't need people being his enemy.

O.K. I'm done with that but I have a question for X. Does it have to be any specific type of game? Because mine is like a launcher game(I gues that's what you would call it). Example:
http://playrandom.com/flash_games.php?id=14
http://playrandom.com/flash_games.php?id=303

lanceA
03-14-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm not talking to lanceA or Dubastot specifically,
It's not just lanceA or Dubastot who are complaining. Perhaps you need to be included in the off-line discussions about jedication.

jediaction
03-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Now you know how several of us feel about his "posts" - garbage!!!

You CAN put an end to it.

Thank you.

On a new thread: Meir - the licenses all installed succesfully. I will be in touch.

:(...I cant beleive you lance....I guess no one appreciates me, im gonna leave the community for a little while becaues everyone hates me so much

Since Lance hates me ao much, and autoteck hated me and everyone is complaining about my spelling (ITS THE KEYBOARD) im gonna leave for a week or even a month

lanceA
03-14-2010, 07:23 PM
im gonna leave the community for a little while becaues everyone hates me so much

Cya tomorrow, jediaction.

zarfang8
03-14-2010, 07:26 PM
im gonna leave for a week or even a month

Jedi, Don't do that. I appreciate you. Cmon, you're make the coolest first person shooters on the forums, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of people with complaints shouldn't be any reason to just quit the forums for a month. To heck with them, thier opinion doesn't make you bad at alice.

And Lance, really, what's the point in putting another person down on Alice? Why can't you encourage him? Why can't you see the good things he's done? How does that affect you enough that you really need to make him feel bad?

jediaction
03-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Ok, i wont leave.

x2495iiii
03-15-2010, 01:19 AM
オ大声で泣くの!

You guys don't listen do you? I said that was the END of it. LanceA, you may be frustrated, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore my warnings. That just earned you an infraction. Jedi, you're just making it worse by acknowledging posts like that, and saying everyone hates you is an exaggeration (and you know it...). You should have listened to me and dropped it, ignoring anything which continued the discussion because you should have known I'd delete it. By continuing the discussion and responding to his post, you disobeyed my warning and broke the rules. Now, there isn't an infraction I can give for that particular offense, but if either you or lanceA take this ANY further, it will result in a one-month suspension.

zarfang, thanks for being understanding about this, although they're right: as moderator of the forums it's my job to settle disputes like this one. And I just did.

The next post had better be about the contest...

jediaction
03-15-2010, 10:08 AM
オ大声で泣くの!

You guys don't listen do you? I said that was the END of it. LanceA, you may be frustrated, but that doesn't give you the right to ignore my warnings. That just earned you an infraction. Jedi, you're just making it worse by acknowledging posts like that, and saying everyone hates you is an exaggeration (and you know it...). You should have listened to me and dropped it, ignoring anything which continued the discussion because you should have known I'd delete it. By continuing the discussion and responding to his post, you disobeyed my warning and broke the rules. Now, there isn't an infraction I can give for that particular offense, but if either you or lanceA take this ANY further, it will result in a one-month suspension.

zarfang, thanks for being understanding about this, although they're right: as moderator of the forums it's my job to settle disputes like this one. And I just did.

The next post had better be about the contest...

Sorry, i forgot, i wanted to stop it, i was so happy when you said "end it" but then im so used to replying to comements i did not know. Sorry, hey can you like make a rule saying if anyone is rude or mean like that, they will be suspended for a month?

x2495iiii
03-15-2010, 11:26 AM
It already a rule, but it's up to me to decide how it's enforced. I personally don't like punishing regular members of the Alice forums, like you and lanceA, so I only take serious action like that if you don't listen.

Don't reply to this unless it's with a question about the contest or an entry to the contest.

Jeremytroid
03-15-2010, 08:15 PM
I'll enter.

Uh I guess that's it.

jediaction
03-15-2010, 08:18 PM
I'll enter.

Uh I guess that's it.

Great. What are you entering

Jeremytroid
03-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Some kind of stealth game. No weapons to keep those of you happy.

(If you don't remember, a while back there was this argument about how Alice games shouldn't be violent etc.)

madden
03-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Alright I changed my game plan again... I am still going to finish CSS and upload the whole game up on here.. but I am going to enter a different game into the contest. I haven't ever talked about this one because I wanted to keep it a secret until its release, Which should be in less then a week. So far its looking to be my most "Polished" game yet. I am very proud of how its turning out, so I think I MIGHT have a chance. But yea, just letting you know that I changed my mind on what to enter into the contest.

P.s (Sniff) I smell destiny...

jediaction
03-16-2010, 05:26 PM
good. Yah, im making Mirrors Edge 2 NIGHT SHIFT. I know everyone loved my first one, so im making full scale buildings. Its going to be a big file! Its also at night, but yah, im making Num 2! I think i have a chance in the contest to win. But i doubt it. The frame rate cut me off from working on it so i think its done. Ill polish whatever i can and then ill post. This MONTH!

madden
03-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, scratch that.... (Sigh) Alice won't let me access my file, Or my backup files... It says that everything I have worked on is an error... Which really sucks because I spent ALLOT of time on it.. Im really disappointed, and right when I was about to finish it too... I think Im gonna take a break for a while... sorry, I just kinda feel let down about the whole thing... if I get it to work somehow then I'll let you know. But right now... I don't see that happening.

So sorry again guys, :(

jediaction
03-16-2010, 08:14 PM
That happened to me to. Hey you know what, post it as it is and see if it works for us

madden
03-16-2010, 09:22 PM
That happened to me to. Hey you know what, post it as it is and see if it works for us

Okay, just did. Go download it and see if it works for you...

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4085

Thanks jediaction

jediaction
03-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I'll see tommorow, ill tell you what i get

jediaction
03-16-2010, 10:05 PM
Okay, just did. Go download it and see if it works for you...

http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4085

Thanks jediaction

Hey um, its not letting me download. Can you put it on wikisend? Please

madden
03-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Hey um, its not letting me download. Can you put it on wikisend? Please

Done, sorry about that.

jediaction
03-17-2010, 09:44 AM
Great

zarfang8
03-18-2010, 09:47 AM
good. Yah, im making Mirrors Edge 2 NIGHT SHIFT!

I thought you were entering 'Heroes' for the contest?

jediaction
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
I am entering Hero's

zarfang8
03-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a question for X. Does it have to be any specific type of game? Because mine is like a launcher game(I gues that's what you would call it). Example:
http://playrandom.com/flash_games.php?id=14
http://playrandom.com/flash_games.php?id=303

can somebody answer my question?

jediaction
03-18-2010, 11:12 AM
It can be any type of game, it just needs the requirements

frost795
03-19-2010, 12:33 AM
how do you get the camera to follow your main charecter as you are walking around and any tps for the if/else button greatly appreciated.

x2495iiii
03-19-2010, 03:59 AM
how do you get the camera to follow your main charecter as you are walking around and any tps for the if/else button greatly appreciated.

Set the camera's vehicle property to the character to make it follow the character as it moves.

And in the future, put these questions in the How Do I...? forum, not on my contest thread.

wongwanchap
03-19-2010, 06:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmfw9frChc

Here is my very first preview of my game.

I ll upload the game file after the deadline of my other contest.

zarfang8
03-19-2010, 09:45 AM
Did you really make that on alice? Wow, that's really good.

jediaction
03-19-2010, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFmfw9frChc

Here is my very first preview of my game.

I ll upload the game file after the deadline of my other contest.

I cant beleive thats Alice. Very good, i Trying to make somethign like taht, but Alice cant take it. Is that the contest game. This contest by x2495iiii

x2495iiii
03-19-2010, 03:09 PM
That IS good. Is that all one world, or is it several?

Jeremytroid
03-19-2010, 06:09 PM
Holy Chiz! I know who's winning. But it looks like it might get repetitive. Good work!

shaydon
03-19-2010, 06:20 PM
thats so cool

jediaction
03-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Holy Chiz! I know who's winning. But it looks like it might get repetitive. Good work!

Its not how cool it looks, its how fun it is, and the other requirements

frost795
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Thats perty good im still learning

wongwanchap
03-20-2010, 12:31 AM
Yes, all of it is build in Alice 2.2 in one file about 60MB.
I spend one month to build the game.
Story is by my partner.
Graph is by me and my partner.
Model is by me.
Program is by me.

I ll submit the file, after I finish all my exam. Good luck to me...

jediaction
03-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Good luck; Hope you do good. Its amazing your Alice did not crash. Mine would crash, yours looks so professional because of the colors and the animation. Great choice of everything. SO COOL!

shaydon
03-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes, all of it is build in Alice 2.2 in one file about 60MB.
I spend one month to build the game.
Story is by my partner.
Graph is by me and my partner.
Model is by me.
Program is by me.

I ll submit the file, after I finish all my exam. Good luck to me...

how did you get alice to save the file (60mb)
the version i have only let me save 24mb

jediaction
03-20-2010, 07:12 PM
how did you get alice to save the file (60mb)
the version i have only let me save 24mb

My hero's game is 60 MB

shaydon
03-20-2010, 07:27 PM
My hero's game is 60 MB

yea how did you get it to save without crashing

jediaction
03-20-2010, 08:29 PM
It did crash, but i found ways to get around it like not renaming objects or adding serten things like "if something is true". I avoided taht stuff. I cant add much because its so big. My freedom is going away

wongwanchap
03-21-2010, 12:27 AM
It did crash, but i found ways to get around it like not renaming objects or adding serten things like "if something is true". I avoided taht stuff. I cant add much because its so big. My freedom is going away

Same to you, renaming will cause crashing during save the world. Although I don't know the exact reason behind this.

jediaction
03-21-2010, 02:22 PM
me either

zarfang8
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
X, I'm dropping out of the Contest.

x2495iiii - K. If you change your mind, let me know.

jediaction
03-21-2010, 05:45 PM
awww

zarfang8
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Kinda have 2 though.... my game sucks. It would be almost embarrasing to post on the same thread as rp4 and Heroes and Stuff.

jediaction
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
Aww, your not bad, youve made great stuff its at least good to get some place. X willl say the final scores, i think im gonna leave my project and keep it as it is because its done

brantpastore
03-28-2010, 06:29 PM
i would like to be entered in this contest please.

jediaction
03-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Ok

madden
03-29-2010, 03:16 PM
Okay, so I actually won't be getting my project in as soon as I wanted because my Dell just got Blue screened (AKA, its broken, done) So yea, things really aren't working out for me haha, it totally sucks.
But, I'll still try and get as much of it done as I can with my Laptop, however... uh... It really isn't a good place to create alice stuff with. It has problems rendering textures, like allot. So I guess Ill just do with the best I got, and see what happens. Sorry guys, haha, Im doing the best I can..

jediaction
03-29-2010, 03:28 PM
I aprreciate it. are you still in rome?

zarfang8
04-07-2010, 01:40 PM
i think im gonna leave my project and keep it as it is because its done

If it's Done, post it, then you can have extra points for finishing earlier.

jediaction
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
WEll, i dont like it and im loosing interest in the contest so i guess ill post it. But i have to post it next week or so, possibly today

madden
04-12-2010, 12:15 PM
I aprreciate it. are you still in rome?

Oh sorry, missed this one. Not anymore, but if any of you are thinking about going... do it, its amazing there. I had so much fun.

jediaction
04-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Oh sorry, missed this one. Not anymore, but if any of you are thinking about going... do it, its amazing there. I had so much fun.

Glad you had fun, i loved your game with the cool grass, i think its was like omni level 1 or something. That was the best ive seen in years with a game like that. MAKE LEVEL 2!

madden
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Glad you had fun, i loved your game with the cool grass, i think its was like omni level 1 or something. That was the best ive seen in years with a game like that. MAKE LEVEL 2!

haha, thanks man. I was in the middle of making it but... computer crash... and I didn't have that backed up. Hopefully I had it on one of my USBs but I'll have to see.

jediaction
04-12-2010, 04:51 PM
If you want you can just post all your versions and i can store them for you, i have 1 1/2 terribites of hardrive space. Thats A LOT!

Delpenator
04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
Well, i just saw this contest article today, and i was wondereing i f i could join, as i have been really busy lately.

Question: Is there any specific topic/ genre the game has to be? Could it be a collection of minigames? Basically, are there any specifications other than being a game of some sort? Or is it just completely open-ended?

x2495iiii - I'll put you down. If you change your mind, let me know.

jediaction
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
its been out for months now, mabye 6-7, and the community is starting to die off of this thread. Im just gonna leave my game as it is because im working so hard on STORM. Thats the project name for out game everyone has been waiting for. You can check out the website

RockyTheConcreteDonkey
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Hmm a game contest, I guess this could put use to all the texture maps i have sitting around Alice, than again this has been around for some while and I may not have enough time to complete

x2495iiii
04-16-2010, 09:13 AM
Wow, one of the old school members. Good to hear from you again, Rocky.

And you have until July 1st, giving you at the very least (assuming you have so much schoolwork that you can't do anything else) one month in summer to do it.

its been out for months now, mabye 6-7, and the community is starting to die off of this thread. Im just gonna leave my game as it is because im working so hard on STORM. Thats the project name for out game everyone has been waiting for. You can check out the website

Check the first post and you'll see the contest came out in February, which was only 2 months ago.

Well, i just saw this contest article today, and i was wondereing i f i could join, as i have been really busy lately.

Question: Is there any specific topic/ genre the game has to be? Could it be a collection of minigames? Basically, are there any specifications other than being a game of some sort? Or is it just completely open-ended?

All the specifications are in the first post, so if it fits within those guidelines (which are supposed to be loose to encourage creativity), you can submit it.

RockyTheConcreteDonkey
04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
ok I can give it a whirl, though i will make new textures in PS CS3 to match the first mission... finally a reason for me to finish Seagull Evader!:D

x2495iiii - Good man, you're in.

jediaction
04-19-2010, 09:20 PM
X2495iiii:Check the first post and you'll see the contest came out in February, which was only 2 months ago.

Well it felt like a long time.

rich0e0rick
04-21-2010, 08:37 PM
schools about to finish, so im going to be back around soon. In the meantim, i got a question.

Is the winner going to win by who has the most votes? I know theres other factors to them, but people are going to vote for these games right? if so, how do we get people to check EVERY entry game?

:D:D rick :D:D

x2495iiii
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
There's a bit of confusion as to that. Jedi made a thread for contest submissions, but it kinda got buried. I figured I'd just make a sticky thread for submissions and only submissions at some point.

jediaction
04-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Post on that thread though, the one i made

x2495iiii
04-23-2010, 02:03 AM
Nah, I think I'll just make a new one, for consistency's sake. Thanks for trying to help, but you've got your hands full with your contest submission and your newest game studio project. I'll handle the contest stuff...

jediaction
04-23-2010, 09:04 AM
ok. Thanks

wongwanchap
04-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Where should we upload our file?
I think it's better to give a direct link to the submission thread in the first post and also the format for submission.

shaydon
04-24-2010, 01:02 AM
I think it's better to give a direct link to the submission thread in the first post and also the format for submission.

looking forward to testing peoples games!

x2495iiii
04-24-2010, 02:01 AM

Wish granted, check the first post.

bjia56
04-24-2010, 07:17 PM
When does the contest end? Are we allowed to use scripts, or just "Alice code?"

jediaction
04-24-2010, 07:36 PM
End in JULY and you can put anything you want

x2495iiii
04-24-2010, 07:49 PM
When does the contest end? Are we allowed to use scripts, or just "Alice code?"

That stuff's in the first post, please read it thoroughly before starting your submission so that you know what to expect.

bjia56
04-24-2010, 09:49 PM
Hm...

I would love to join the contest, but unfortunately I have no idea what to submit. I have, what you may call, "programmer's block."

If there is going to be a competition next year, I might join, but that's too far off in the future. :)

bjia56
04-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Ok I think I'm going to join, I'm going to make a 3D version of a card game my friends and I made up in middle school. Hope nobody minds.

By the way, how can I make an a2c object or some object that can be converted into a2c? Is Google Sketchup the easiest way?

shaydon
04-27-2010, 04:40 PM
Ok I think I'm going to join, I'm going to make a 3D version of a card game my friends and I made up in middle school. Hope nobody minds.

By the way, how can I make an a2c object or some object that can be converted into a2c? Is Google Sketchup the easiest way?

use biturn and turn the file into an .ase file then import it into alice
right click the imported object (after you have put the texture/s on it)
anhd click save as then chose a place to put it
when it has saved it will have become a a2c file
umm hope this helps?

Niteshifter
05-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Just putting out that I may not be able to actually enter anything. I'm pretty much packed up this month and next month with quite a few things.

bjia56
05-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Yeah, sorry everyone who might be looking forward to my card game, but I don't think I will be able to code it this year...too much other stuff to do.

Please take me off the list. :)

Jeremytroid
05-15-2010, 06:13 PM
Aww. Everybody seems to be dropping. These games looked really cool too :(

bjia56
05-24-2010, 01:02 AM
If I had some time I think my first priority would be to completely redesign my chess game. I feel I have a sort-of solid stand on what I need to do, and hopefully it will be faster than the one I posted previously.

If I had more time I might consider making that card game...

madden
05-26-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes! I have officially ordered a new computer. I should be able to get back to work on my project in about two weeks. :)
This is going to be insane, I am drawing out my plans for my contest entry while I wait (Level designs, Methods, Story... etc.)
Wish me luck!

jediaction
05-26-2010, 11:14 AM
I think the contest ended. Or it ends July 1st

Im tired of it, and sort of stopped on my game

jediaction
05-27-2010, 08:22 AM
ok. Ugh, do you think this contest is getting old and losing popularity?

rich0e0rick
05-27-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm still making my game and I'm gonna submit it. I don't think this contest is gonna get old, since there's still going to be some pretty cool games I'm sure.

Niteshifter
05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
If it's going to end July 1st, I just may be able to enter since the deadline for the final project for my class is earlier than that :D.

King Gamer(gorit)
05-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Well, I geuss I should start tonight.:D I procrastinate too much. But, I should know a good game idea with simple coding.

dubastot
06-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Ackk! Exams are in a week and a half!!!

Make that tomorrow.

Jeremytroid
06-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Dropping :(
My hard drive crashed and I've lost most if not all of my resources. Sorry.

x2495iiii
06-14-2010, 09:40 PM
Update: The list as of now is

chris101b
jediaction
dubastot
x2495iiii
Niteshifter
KingGamer(gorit)
rich0e0rick
zonedabone
Zack Strife
madden
arty-fishL
dmitchell
reuben2011
lowrider001
Delpenator
RockytheConcreteDonkey

I haven't heard from a bunch of these people in a while, though, so my guess is that the actual number of submissions will be MUCH smaller. But hey, hope springs eternal, right?

Well, there are only a few days left, get 'em ready if you've got 'em!

Jeremytroid
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Okay. First I apologize for being a pain in the butt. Next, my game, I've found some Portal stuff on my Mac and I can make a remake of Portal if that is acceptable. So I may have a game but not the one I originally planned. Again, sorry for being so inconsistent about this:o

x2495iiii
06-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Okay. First I apologize for being a pain in the butt. Next, my game, I've found some Portal stuff on my Mac and I can make a remake of Portal if that is acceptable. So I may have a game but not the one I originally planned. Again, sorry for being so inconsistent about this:o

That's fine, no worries from me.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-20-2010, 09:28 PM
I would like to join the contest, but I don't think I have enough time to do anything that's really good.

x2495iiii
06-20-2010, 11:09 PM
K.

chris101b
jediaction
dubastot
x2495iiii
Niteshifter
KingGamer(gorit)
rich0e0rick
zonedabone
Zack Strife
madden
arty-fishL
dmitchell
reuben2011
lowrider001
Delpenator
RockytheConcreteDonkey
DensetsuNoKaboom

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-21-2010, 01:09 PM
That stopped being funny.

x2495iiii
06-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Apologies.

jediaction
06-21-2010, 08:20 PM
what did

cbw92
06-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Hello, I know I'm probably very late to the competition, but I do have a game in the works. Is it too late to enter? And if not, if i do not finish the game by the deadline, may I withdraw from the competition? I'm unsure if I will be able to complete the game by the 1st, but i would like to try. I have read through all rules. Thanks!

cb

good2000mo
06-30-2010, 04:23 PM
I would like to join.
the deadline is today. right?

King Gamer(gorit)
06-30-2010, 05:09 PM
Well, I'm dropping out but if I show up tommarow with a game can it still be in.
I have a good and easy idea just never got around to it. TOO MUCH XBOX LIVE:mad::D:mad::D
P.S. Sorry for the conflicting emotions.

x2495iiii
06-30-2010, 10:48 PM
So long as the world is posted by Midnight, July 1st (with a little leeway for our international users), it's in.

madden
07-01-2010, 11:36 PM
NO NO NO!!! I have been working on my contest entry project for 8 hrs strait today trying to get it done in time and it just randomly quit on me, and now I can't load it!!! I ONLY HAVE 1:25 LEFT TO FINISH IT BEFORE MIDNIGHT!! I WAS ALMOST DONE!! Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!! Please!

madden
07-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Kk, I got a backup working, but it kina sets me back a bit... Heck, I'll just finish it and turn it in in less than an hour and hope you accept it. If not then... well, at least I tried. :D

x2495iiii
07-02-2010, 01:25 AM
NO NO NO!!! I have been working on my contest entry project for 8 hrs strait today trying to get it done in time and it just randomly quit on me, and now I can't load it!!! I ONLY HAVE 1:25 LEFT TO FINISH IT BEFORE MIDNIGHT!! I WAS ALMOST DONE!! Keep your fingers crossed for me guys!! Please!

Pft, you think THAT's bad? My aunt got sick and had to go the hospital for major surgery, and we had to pack our load and hit the road (cause she lives in a different city and we have to be there to support her)...for like 6 hours. You know where you can't get internet? The car, that's where.

Yup, cause of a lack of connectivity, RP4 out of the competition. How crappy is that? But hey, family first.

madden
07-02-2010, 01:32 AM
Pft, you think THAT's bad? My aunt got sick and had to go the hospital for major surgery, and we had to pack our load and hit the road (cause she lives in a different city and we have to be there to support her)...for like 6 hours. You know where you can't get internet? The car, that's where.

Yup, cause of a lack of connectivity, RP4 out of the competition. How crappy is that? But hey, family first.

Wow, Sorry man. Is she okay?

madden
07-02-2010, 01:44 AM
Kk guys, Im not going to be able to finish it tonight. I promise I will finish it tomorrow and upload it. Thanks for letting me join the composition.

P.s x2495iiii for some reason I still can't un-zip the world you tried to share with me. (I tried a bunch of ways and I still can't access it) I didn't know if you got my IM?? :confused:

DensetsuNoKaboom
07-02-2010, 07:05 AM

I hope your aunt gets better.

However, everyone seemed to think that RP would win, so now everyone else has a chance...

x2495iiii
07-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Wow, Sorry man. Is she okay?

That's yet to be determined, her surgery's in a few...

Kk guys, Im not going to be able to finish it tonight. I promise I will finish it tomorrow and upload it. Thanks for letting me join the composition.

P.s x2495iiii for some reason I still can't un-zip the world you tried to share with me. (I tried a bunch of ways and I still can't access it) I didn't know if you got my IM?? :confused:

Alright.

Blech. File sharing is no fun.

jediaction
07-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Im so sorry, um well, here is my game. I stopped working on it for a while, but here...hey, i cant load it on to the website

JAA
07-10-2010, 12:47 AM
This is my first game. I plan on making more, can I submit more than one for the contest? You can download at this post:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4716

Jeremytroid
07-12-2010, 03:52 PM
This is my first game. I plan on making more, can I submit more than one for the contest? You can download at this post:
http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4716

submission time is already over -_-

That was July 1st

jediaction
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
submission time is already over -_-

That was July 1st

Its over...exactly

RockyTheConcreteDonkey
07-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Hmm it appears I forgot my password for some time, oh well, my Laptop crashed with my game programmed on it.

Hee Haw

x2495iiii
07-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Hmm it appears I forgot my password for some time, oh well, my Laptop crashed with my game programmed on it.

Hee Haw

Sorry man.

Zack Strife
07-21-2010, 11:35 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to submit my game, I got so close, but It wont save anymore. It's just to complex for my computer, and it's still not very impressive to play.

x2495iiii
07-22-2010, 01:59 AM
No worries. It's good that you tried, though.

If your world has complex scenery, you could always try using screenshots of it for the screenshot contest. It ends July 31st, though, so hop to it!

beachbum111111
10-26-2010, 10:27 AM
who won???

David B
03-06-2011, 11:30 AM
You never did tell those who entered

who won???

David B
09-21-2011, 03:34 PM
B &amp; high-key colour spell hit, tong qu, let a person shine at the moment can not be ignored. 2011 chun xia handbags trend of young: classical<br />
Said high-key colour is chun xia Hermes Handbags AAA for sale (http://www.wholesalechinastore.com/handbags-aaa-hermes-handbags-aaa-c-110_139_656.html) handbag features, compared with the more suitable for Prada accomplish miraculous Fendi repeatedly, to 2011 handbags are described as gout spells. Red marks, color, FF deep, let the camel's hair bag bag filled with a new kid. The style that restore wholesale Hermes Handbags (http://www.wholesalechinastore.com/handbags-hermes-handbags-c-110_196_655.html) ancient ways, colors bright-coloured color,<br />
2011 chun xia, through the high purity color bright color to strike the line of sight of people. In the event you look carefully, you will find your style restoring ancient ways, in 2011 chun xia season popular, but still handbag is different from qiu dong chun xia, the style that restore ancient ways, to 2011, &amp; wholesale Burberry jewelry (http://www.wholesalechinastore.com/jewelry-burberry-c-192_193.html) in the bright color is exaggerated.<br />
2011 chun xia handbags trend: color

Ummm...X? Don't you think that this guy has caused enough trouble? He obviously thought that you could use HTML in your posts.

InsertName
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
is this still going? I doing somthing like this except it is a everybody vote for it thing.

x2495iiii
09-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Your thread is a spam magnet.

Also, it thought a bunch of people has voted for it already. This should be the part where you make a list of all the games that got voted for, then either put up a poll or decide the winners/runner-up/finalists or something.

C'mon, get cracking!

InsertName
09-22-2011, 04:19 PM
I was going to wait until Dec. but There were not that many votes.

It's still going on guys! Keep voting, even the really new people!

AliceMaster00
11-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Well, I VOTE FOR JEDIACTION'S HALO GAMES. There.:p

InsertName
11-21-2011, 02:56 PM
The post on top of me is the first post in this Part of the forum in about 2 months.

Also we already have all the votes in. I'm just waiting for X to get the polls worked out.

mdyipm
04-23-2012, 07:33 AM
Yeah Who won? No announcement ?

johnron
05-24-2014, 11:22 AM
thanks for sharing the information. i would also like to join.

hotel of indore (http://www.sihmindore.com)

jrrTolkien
05-29-2014, 04:47 PM
Dude. This was 4 years ago. I'm pretty sure that this is over by now!

-Jrr

RavenOfCode
08-04-2014, 07:37 PM
Yea lol...

RavenOfCode
09-17-2014, 06:41 AM
that contest is 4 years old... I don't think its still going...

Riencrehe
09-28-2014, 04:20 AM
im waiting for it

Waiting for it very much.

ifeeleducation
03-03-2016, 03:03 AM
Hello to all

I am newest member in this forum, thanks for accepting my registration, if you want to know more about me,kindly visit my profile