PDA

View Full Version : Rain

Zack Strife
02-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Is there a good way to make rain? the only way I've found is to have small cylinders by the camera, falling at random intervals but I want to know if there is a better way

Niteshifter
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
That's basically the best easiest way to do it.

A couple of us are looking into Jython which has the potential to manipulate a lot of things, so I think there is a possibility of manipulating the 2D objects from the say/think methods using Jython to create GUI's and possibly other things like rain, but unfortunately, it hasn't been made yet.

Zack Strife
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
thanks let me know if you find a way to make it work

zonedabone
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
NOT YET!
I was actually just looking into this. Another way to do wthis would be to have a spere rolling forward on the camera, and have the drops be vehicles of it. To randomize it, they could periodically become vehicles of the camera.

Niteshifter
02-12-2010, 01:19 AM
NOT YET!
I was actually just looking into this. Another way to do wthis would be to have a spere rolling forward on the camera, and have the drops be vehicles of it. To randomize it, they could periodically become vehicles of the camera.

That's a pretty good idea as well. I would choose this one for the time being.

x2495iiii
02-12-2010, 02:41 AM
NOT YET!

Problem:

If the camera moved while the rain droplets were vehicled to it, the rain droplets would gradually leave the sphere and the animation would deteriorate.

Zack Strife
02-12-2010, 03:11 PM
That sphere thing will work, but I would make more drops and change is showing to true/false instead of vehicalling them to the cam