PDA

View Full Version : Alice 3.0

Reinhard
04-16-2010, 06:47 PM
i love how they made Alice look a lot better in joint movement everything is so much smoother but trying to create a game or a video is incredibly complicated with it they really should work on it more.

jediaction
04-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Ive been waiting months for a tutorial on Alice 3 but they never did. I informed Gabe about it

flats
04-20-2010, 10:29 AM
Ive been waiting months for a tutorial on Alice 3 but they never did. I informed Gabe about itI wouldn't expect a tutorial for a long time. Months if not years.

Alice 3 is currently in the "beta" stage of software development. Features can and probably will change. Writing a tutorial takes a lot of time and effort, and is generally one of the last things done for a piece of software. You don't want to have to re-do it later.

If you're not comfortable using beta software, don't have an experienced teacher supporting you, and/or not reasonably fluent in Java or another OO language, Alice 3 probably isn't for you (yet). I don't mean this as a slight, just a fact.

x2495iiii
04-20-2010, 10:34 AM
I wouldn't expect a tutorial for a long time. Months if not years.

Alice 3 is currently in the "beta" stage of software development1. Features can and probably will change. Writing a tutorial takes a lot of time and effort, and is generally one of the last things done for a piece of software. You don't want to have to re-do it later.

If you're not comfortable using beta software, don't have an experienced teacher supporting you, and/or not reasonably fluent in Java or another OO language, Alice 3 probably isn't for you (yet). I don't mean this as a slight, just a fact.

Well put. The key is patience (which is really easy, if you have so much stuff to do you don't have time to notice that time is going by).

jediaction
04-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Your right. Ill consider that. Im typing this on one half on the screen and watching my friends brothers movie. Its awsome and its a cool War movie.

LadyReyna
05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
a 3 day session dedicated 3.0. This makes me wonder if they are ready to push a finalized version? This is a training conference for educators, so I can not see them teaching us HOW to teach Alice 3.0 if it is not yet stable enough to use in a classroom enviroment. I have downloaded 3.0 for my own use, and while I love some aspects of it, I cringe at making the crossover with my students until something more stable with supporting materials is created. Any thoughts? Has anyone heard ANYTHING about a non-beta 3.0?

x2495iiii
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
I haven't, but I know they're still working on it (though development is going slowly).

My guess is that the conference will involve using the more stable features of the beta version in education. But I could be wrong.