PDA

View Full Version : Sound in Alice

DensetsuNoKaboom
05-17-2010, 03:52 PM
I know this sounds small, but one thing I'd like to see in Alice is a way to easily completely remove a sound that you imported from an Alice world. Why? I completely remade one Alice world I made without ever uploading any sound from my computer. The result? The world with unused sound files was sized at 19,053 kilobytes. The exact same world without all those unused sounds cluttering it up: 1,594 kilobytes. I've concluded that having sound files in an Alice world drastically increases file sizes, even if the sound isn't referenced in the world. However, the only way I've found to take these sounds out is to completely reprogram everything.

jediaction
05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
To completely delete the sound from your game. Go to the world object, click properties, and click the sound + button second to the bottom and drag the sound you want to get rid of in the trash can next to the play button

DensetsuNoKaboom
05-17-2010, 05:37 PM
That removed the sound from the world, but for some reason didn't fix the massive filesize.
EDIT: Didn't even change it. AT ALL.
And no this is not just sound, I think it takes up so much space because it is actually music.

jediaction
05-17-2010, 05:46 PM
Well..it was not supposed to. Sound does not make games very big, or...i have never thought about that. Just cut down on comments in the game, events, and loops and the game will be fine