PDA

View Full Version : Alice 3 suggestions

GoGators
07-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi,
I am in the alice forums a bit and I have noticed that there are a lot of people out there who want to put google sketch-up/3D warehouse into their Alice worlds. Thus making custom objects, I know it is already possible but it is a tedious job and I was thinking alice three may be able to have something in it to , take sketchup files (.skp) or something else, if you need further explanation on the prosess shoot me an email of private massage “GoGators” through the Alice community forums! I also was thinking of a function like:
|Sphere| Collision == |true/false|
In which you could make the object solid or not just as easy as changing its color! I say this because it is quite a haste to program every shape its own collision method! I have to do this in almost every one of my games! I also have to say that a sort of auto debugger would be awesome or some sort of line by line debugger! I really admire all of your hard work so keep it up 1001 changes will be great! I was also thinking that a “carbuilder” would be cool just like the He/Shebuilder in witch you could choose a custom color, wheels, back of the car, mid of the car, and front of the car!
Your admirer,
GoGators

jediaction
07-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Hi,
I am in the alice forums a bit and I have noticed that there are a lot of people out there who want to put google sketch-up/3D warehouse into their Alice worlds. Thus making custom objects, I know it is already possible but it is a tedious job and I was thinking alice three may be able to have something in it to , take sketchup files (.skp) or something else, if you need further explanation on the prosess shoot me an email of private massage “GoGators” through the Alice community forums! I also was thinking of a function like:
|Sphere| Collision == |true/false|
In which you could make the object solid or not just as easy as changing its color! I say this because it is quite a haste to program every shape its own collision method! I have to do this in almost every one of my games! I also have to say that a sort of auto debugger would be awesome or some sort of line by line debugger! I really admire all of your hard work so keep it up 1001 changes will be great! I was also thinking that a “carbuilder” would be cool just like the He/Shebuilder in witch you could choose a custom color, wheels, back of the car, mid of the car, and front of the car!
Your admirer,
GoGators

Tell me more about what you want to do in PM

King Gamer(gorit)
07-10-2010, 12:07 AM
gogators, The ability to directley import .skp models will never be avalible as many textures used in those models are property of google.

GoGators
07-11-2010, 07:33 AM
gogators, The ability to directley import .skp models will never be avalible as many textures used in those models are property of google.

OK well I do not what to say this is what you where supposed to say:

gogators, The ability to directley import .skp models already is available in 3.0 as many textures used in those models are property of google. But Google likes Alice and Is now sharing those textures