PDA

View Full Version : I need some testers

rich0e0rick
07-09-2010, 10:28 PM
hey guys, its been a while since you've seen me.

I'm currently building the game I was going to submit to the forums contest, but since I was unable to finish in time, I decided to make it the best possible.

I currently have most of the engine/code done except for the enemies, hit boxes, and missions. What I need from you guys (Pretty please) is to simply run it as-is to see if its lagging too much. I noticed that after playing it couple times, the game gets VERY laggy, but the First run is pretty smooth. I was hoping others could tell me if the game is running smoothly on their PC, since my windows partition on my Macintosh must be different from your computers.

To start the game, just press the circle in the middle.
Shoot with [ Space bar ] or mouseclick, and missiles with the [M] key

Thanks a lot all you people who can do this for me. This game is going to be awesome.

:D:D Rick :D:D

King Gamer(gorit)
07-09-2010, 11:29 PM
Very good, It doesn't lag for me(I run with 4 gb of ram and a 2.2 ghz intel duo processor)
I think the plaane should be able to be controlled with the arows too. And the speed is too fast.

arty-fishL
07-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Very good, It doesn't lag for me(I run with 4 gb of ram and a 2.2 ghz intel duo processor)
I think the plaane should be able to be controlled with the arows too. And the speed is too fast.

press s to decrease the speed, w to increase it.

it was very good, nice feel, but it needs finished, cos I lost the ships

rich0e0rick
07-10-2010, 01:44 PM
k thanks guys for your help, good to know i can add lots more stuff. I know the ships are easy to lose, that square at the top is going to be a radar hopefully.

as for the missions, i think its going to be more aircraft based, since its kinda hard to attack the small pt boat ....

I was thinking maybe I should make each mission a separate world? that way it can be 10 times cooler? Or are people going to get bored of opening each world separately?

thanks alot for your help, time to get back to work!

King Gamer(gorit)
07-10-2010, 02:57 PM
I would be fine switchong worlds.
I'd like a cockpit view too.

JAA
07-10-2010, 09:20 PM
When I click cal the screen closes and there is an error message. I'll try and see if it works on a PC when I can. From the screen shots this game looks great. Is that plane reflecting off the water?

Here's some links to my first two projects. Check them out and tell me what you think.

Prehistoric Showdown
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4716

Basic FPS Engine
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4724

rich0e0rick
07-10-2010, 11:53 PM
so your using a Mac I presume? The functions that figure out the mouse movements don't work on the mac version of Alice. Part of the reason I got a windows partition. I'm currently on my Mac partition, so I'm going to look at your worlds tomorrow alright?

I should have stated this is a Windows only world. I wish they would debug the Mac version of Alice, Some of the functions don't even work half the time! oh well. :(

zonedabone
07-11-2010, 08:34 AM
This may just be me, but I had trouble with the controls. usually, the vertical controls are reversed on flying games.:D

jediaction
07-11-2010, 02:35 PM
Wow, this is good. I see you used my plane controlling system. Nice use

rich0e0rick
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
what the heck are you talking about jedi? you never made anything close to this. I figured this out by myself thank you very much. I'd like to see YOU try and make something like this.

stop trying to look good. Its getting on peoples nerves.

dubastot
07-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Lag heaven on my aspire one netbook.

JAA
07-12-2010, 12:39 AM
so your using a Mac I presume? The functions that figure out the mouse movements don't work on the mac version of Alice. Part of the reason I got a windows partition. I'm currently on my Mac partition, so I'm going to look at your worlds tomorrow alright?

I should have stated this is a Windows only world. I wish they would debug the Mac version of Alice, Some of the functions don't even work half the time! oh well. :(

Yes I am using a Mac. Thank you for telling me this valuable information. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why the value of 'mouse distance to left/top edge' was always 'none' no mater what I did. I have a PC but I don't always have access to it, and my Windows partition no longer works, that's why I do most of my work on the Mac. Anyways, I tested Prehistoric Showdown on Windows and it works just fine, in fact even better. I will test most of my games on both OSes. I even have Ubuntu. Maybe I'll put Alice on that.

Alright, I tested your game on a PC running Vista. I'm not very good at it, but every thing works and looks great. My only suggestion is that you add sound effects. I have some if you want I can send them to you. Things like gunshots, specifically machine gun.

jediaction
07-12-2010, 02:09 PM
what the heck are you talking about jedi? you never made anything close to this. I figured this out by myself thank you very much. I'd like to see YOU try and make something like this.

stop trying to look good. Its getting on peoples nerves.

Um, the plane system, i made that. Look it up its a system i made for some one else, yours is similar. Why so mad?

King Gamer(gorit)
07-12-2010, 03:05 PM
Jedi he was mmad because the phrasing of your post could have been precieved as cocky.

dubastot
07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Yours kinda sucks compared to his jedi. His is more accurate and the jet moves more realistically.

jediaction
07-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Yours kinda sucks compared to his jedi. His is more accurate and the jet moves more realistically.

I did not make it into a game, just a quick system someone could use. Thats all..

Dameria
07-12-2010, 07:29 PM
He sounds pretty calm to me, looks like hes just stating a point.

room14
07-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Um, the plane system, i made that. Look it up its a system i made for some one else, yours is similar. Why so mad?

I think yours was different is it this one?http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=4170&highlight=mouse&page=2

jediaction
07-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Yah but i had it made

rich0e0rick
07-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I was trying to state that each time I have to read "Not that good, add better guns" or "Just do it the way I did it in this/this game" makes me want to teach you better manners. When I read (In the version that I was reading between the lines)
"Cool, you used code that you obviously stole from me, since if I keep saying stuff like that, I'll look smarter, right? who cares if I hurt feelings right?"
I decided to use rather pointed language.

Sorry about that

on another point, what do you mean by Yah but I had it made

Rick

x2495iiii
07-16-2010, 12:26 AM
I was trying to state that each time I have to read "Not that good, add better guns" or "Just do it the way I did it in this/this game" makes me want to teach you better manners.

I know exactly what you mean. Fortunately, no one's ever accused me of using their code before, and rightly so, since I don't recall ever using someone else's world to make anything of mine. Other people's models, graphics, textures, and sounds however...

jediaction
07-16-2010, 11:03 AM
All im saying is i made a plane system just like this a while ago, im sorry if i hurt your feelings i just wanted you to know. I used his solution but i changed it into a more realistic aiming system and i give credit to him. My games that have credits his name is in there. I have not forgot about him. So...

jediaction
07-16-2010, 11:21 AM
I know exactly what you mean. Fortunately, no one's ever accused me of using their code before, and rightly so, since I don't recall ever using someone else's world to make anything of mine. Other people's models, graphics, textures, and sounds however...

SO are you trying to help me?

rich0e0rick
07-17-2010, 12:07 PM
k lets all just forget this, this is getting too serious. I'll just say that you should reread your posts to make sure they might not insult people before posting them.

Now lets make some games and stuff instead of arguing. Deal?

Rick

x2495iiii
07-17-2010, 12:40 PM
k lets all just forget this, this is getting too serious. I'll just say that you should reread your posts to make sure they might not insult people before posting them.

Rick

Deal.

jediaction
07-18-2010, 09:58 AM

Rick

I need to finish this. I may not know, what offends people. Some things might, some things, may not.......deal. Lets start making games. Hey, has anyone been interested in my new game coming out on my website

debussybunny563
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I haven't seen Jedi's game yet, but yours looks really nice. I'm not sure how to win though...:confused: Anyway, like it a lot. Still, I have a little difficulty controlling the plane, but I'm not sure whether it's the controls or I just suck :p . I do think that you should make the plane go just a bit slower (I do realize that you can press w and s, but still). As I said earlier, how do you destroy the ship? Maybe my aim's just bad...

rich0e0rick
07-23-2010, 02:27 PM
as ive said at the begining, this was only to check to make sure it didnt lag on other peoples computers. I have yet to implement the damage counters, the radar, missions, enemy aircraft and AI.

I was thinking of taking out the boats, and making it a air to air combat game instead, since at least you wont crash into the ocean trying to shoot something floating on it.

thanks for the feed back.

Rick

debussybunny563
07-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Yeah, what I end up usually doing is point at the boat, do a loop when I get too close to the water, repeat. I didn't know the boat wouldn't respond :p . I'm looking forward to the air-to-air version! :D

jediaction
07-24-2010, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen Jedi's game yet, but yours looks really nice. I'm not sure how to win though...:confused: Anyway, like it a lot. Still, I have a little difficulty controlling the plane, but I'm not sure whether it's the controls or I just suck :p . I do think that you should make the plane go just a bit slower (I do realize that you can press w and s, but still). As I said earlier, how do you destroy the ship? Maybe my aim's just bad...

I created a plane controlling system like this. Thats all, and im talking about my new game on my Company website. Enigma Island. I will be up with a demo soon.

shikhargo
08-17-2010, 04:57 PM
This game is amazing.

jediaction
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
I think what makes it so good is the graphics and extra interface. Yes, its very well done

shaydon
08-18-2010, 04:38 PM
best game ever!:):):)
omg im loving it!

pangdang
08-19-2010, 10:08 PM
i like very game

Good

shaydon
08-20-2010, 07:02 AM
i like very game

Good
:)lolz ^^^

when is the full game going:) come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:):):):):):):):)

DensetsuNoKaboom
08-22-2010, 07:59 PM
This is very good! Well done!

rich0e0rick
08-24-2010, 03:49 PM
thanks alot for the feedback and praise everyone. The game is slowly coming along, but at least im working on it. :) It might be a while before you guys see me again, since i got another job a month ago and school's gona start in a couple weeks.

just wanted to let you guys know that I'm still going to work on the game. thanks again everyone

:D:D rick :D:D

DensetsuNoKaboom
08-24-2010, 04:20 PM
school's gona start in a couple weeks.

Lucky. My school starts in 2 days.

It's good that you're still working on it.

jediaction
09-29-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes Israt111. This thread was posted a while ago, he doesnt need testing anymore. yes, i know you deleted your post

zekeybobby
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Good JOB!!!

jediaction
10-20-2010, 09:28 AM
OK uh...Read what I said in my last post. Anyway...Hi...If you need help with anything. Go ahead and ask me

SirThorfinn
10-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Nice nice, i'm really liking how all the HUD stuff looks. Can't wait to see how it comes out when your done!:D