PDA

View Full Version : Kangaroo hop

Rossy
09-30-2010, 04:23 PM
Hello :)

I'm new to the forum so here is a little about me. I recently finished a BSc hons and an MSc in Exercise Science, then decided it was not for me so I have now completely changed careers and just started an Under Grad in Internet and Multimedia. And here I am.........

Anyway its the start of term and we are learning the basics of Alice (never used it or anything like it before) and our first task is to make a kangaroo jump onto a box, I'll TRY and upload it and if anyone would like to make any constructive suggestions on how to improve it that would be great!

Doctor Who
09-30-2010, 06:56 PM
Really nice. I don't really see anything that needs to be improved. There's that one pause before the kangaroo starts going down. That, unfortunately, is just alice, and can't be fixed, but that can be masked many ways:

Play a recording between the two doTogethers. Like "The kangaroo. One of nature's strongest animals." This will make it seem like you wanted the kangaroo to pause like that and will be kind of entertaining as well.
Try adding a camera motion between the two doTogethers. This will add a Matrix-style effect that I show in my attatched .a2w
Have the kangaroo do something during the pause, like backflip.

I added some comments to my .a2w. Just look in the methods.

Rossy
10-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the response, I added in the rotation of the camera, that'll score me a few points on Monday ;)

Doctor Who
10-01-2010, 03:55 PM
:D nice. I forgot to make the cone invisible before I sent the file (Sorry). If you don't know how, it's under Cone -> Properties -> Opacity on the right hand side.

adey07
10-07-2011, 01:03 PM
I need help with this too, but I can't figure out how to open you're file. I don't know what to open it in.