PDA

View Full Version : NEW Alice Chat 2.0

zonedabone
10-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Okay! I think that I've gotten the system to work now! FOr those of you who didn't see the last thread, Alice Chat is a chatroom for Alice. v2.0 has been rewritten from the ground up with more server interaction, and much faster loading times. It is also more stable, and has more expandability! All accounts from the last (Dud) version still work.

EDIT: The new version has many error systems, a list of who's online, and message beep notification!

Create Account (http://eap17.heliohost.org/cgi-bin/messenger.py?func=newaccount)

I'll be on tonight if anyone wants to chat!

debussybunny563
10-19-2010, 08:02 PM
Created an account, have already typed in a post.
:D

EDIT: Login fails every so often; it seems that when you log off, I can't log in.

VERY NEAT, zone! Looking forward to the update! :D

zonedabone
10-19-2010, 09:16 PM
if you don't log off correctly, you have to wait a minute to log in. I'll go fix this.

Dameria
10-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Still won't let me connect... -.-

zonedabone
10-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Dameria, keep trying. Download the latest file from the first post. You have to use latest one.

arty-fishL
10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
wow, great and it works.
advanced coding, nice user name idea.
First secure, actually working online integrated Alice world?
slight delay in messaging, no big issue.
overall great.

hope to see you successfully logged in Dameria

Dameria
10-19-2010, 09:58 PM
Failed to get environment, environ will be empty: (0, "Failed to execute command (['sh', '-c', 'env']): java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: sh -c env error=2")

My version of Alice has always hated me when it came to python.

zonedabone
10-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Redownload. You have something wrong with the install. use the latest 2.2. that's what it was written in.

Dameria
10-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't feel like redownloading Alice 2.2, it might mess with some projects that I have written in this version that I have, idk.

Your first version of the chat worked for me, just not this one.

debussybunny563
10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Aw, sorry Dameria.

You're missing out on a great world (and a great conversation between me and Arty, which he can tell you about later ;) ).

EDIT: I get this error but it still works

Failed to get environment, environ will be empty: (0, 'Failed to execute command ([\'sh\', \'-c\', \'env\']): java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "sh": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified')

I second that. It gives the error thing, but still runs fine nonetheless.

arty-fishL
10-19-2010, 10:26 PM
Failed to get environment, environ will be empty: (0, "Failed to execute command (['sh', '-c', 'env']): java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: sh -c env error=2")

I get this error but it still works

Failed to get environment, environ will be empty: (0, 'Failed to execute command ([\'sh\', \'-c\', \'env\']): java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "sh": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified')

zonedabone
10-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Can you post the entire contents of the error? There's no traceback of where it happened, which I need. Please make sure your username and password are only letters and numbers.

dubastot
10-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Does it work on Mac?

debussybunny563
10-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Check what's logged, zone.

You're in for a treat. ;)

Does it work on Mac?

You'll just have to download and see.

arty-fishL
10-20-2010, 06:22 AM
For me the error just prints out at the bottom of the screen, exactly that.
I get this error every time I try to do anything to do with ftp or this, it doesnt seem to cause any issues for me.

zonedabone
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Check what's logged, zone.

You're in for a treat. ;)

You'll just have to download and see.

Nice story. The system was listening.

Gonna remove that system thing. It was just an easter egg for bunny/earl.

x2495iiii
10-20-2010, 09:53 PM
Hehe...Earl.

debussybunny563
10-20-2010, 09:54 PM
I don't get it. Why Earl? :confused:

x2495iiii
10-20-2010, 10:02 PM
No reason. Completely chosen from the ordered chaos that is my mind.

If you find it irritating, I'll drop it. Can't make any guarantees about everyone else, but I'm sure they'll do the same out of common courtesy.

debussybunny563
10-20-2010, 10:03 PM
I don't care for the moment, so call me it if you like (for now).

If I get ticked off, I'll call in an EMP and disable your electronic devices.

x2495iiii
10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
I'll just snipe you before you get the chance with my Beretta which is surprisingly accurate at a distance and carries an unbelievable amount of ammo, as you've already seen.

Ya zombie.

debussybunny563
10-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Not if I armor lock.

=P

zonedabone
10-21-2010, 06:42 PM
On topic! Who's tried the version with user list and notification? If you don't have it, then download it again.

P.S. I'm on right now if you wanna chat. It may just take a few seconds for me to get my beep in.

arty-fishL
10-22-2010, 06:12 AM
It still says not connected after its printed "login successful!!!"
If I post anything it doesnt print out at the bottom
cant see any user lists (but nobody was online though)

jediaction
10-22-2010, 10:25 AM
Okay! I think that I've gotten the system to work now! FOr those of you who didn't see the last thread, Alice Chat is a chatroom for Alice. v2.0 has been rewritten from the ground up with more server interaction, and much faster loading times. It is also more stable, and has more expandability! All accounts from the last (Dud) version still work.

EDIT: The new version has many error systems, a list of who's online, and message beep notification!

Create Account (http://eap17.heliohost.org/cgi-bin/messenger.py?func=newaccount)

If only it could be a RPG. You could walk around and find people

x2495iiii
10-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Not if I armor lock.

=P

Off topic:

Zombies don't get armor to lock, just tattered shirts.

No tattered shirt lock for you.

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-22-2010, 04:43 PM
My username is DensetsuNoKaboom, but it shows up as DensetsuNoKa_o because of the red thing and the edge of the window.

EDIT: I decided to resize the text by 1/2, and it works.

What is the circle for anyway?

EDIT2: Someone please log on, I want to post about the toasted ghosts who mostly boast about hosting roasts to toast posts about roasted ghosts on the coast.

EDIT3: It works great, except it often gives errors saying "A error has occured in attempting to draw the scene. Simply retrying might fix the problem."

noahx23
10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
For me it wont connect

debussybunny563
10-22-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you create an account?

jediaction
10-22-2010, 10:23 PM
The page wont load

zonedabone
10-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Right now, my FREE HOST is having problems. It will be down for a bit.

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Do you think you can make it so that when you type in your password, it shows up as asterisks, like they do with real passwords?

Dameria
10-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Do you think you can make it so that when you type in your password, it shows up as asterisks, like they do with real passwords?

He can't do it using Alice's coding, but maybe it is possible with python.

arty-fishL
10-23-2010, 02:18 PM
here, a jython password input for you zone:

import threading, string

def passwordDialog():
class MyThread(threading.Thread):
def run(self):
world.speedMultiplier = 0.0
jpf = javax.swing.JPasswordField()
jop = javax.swing.JOptionPane(jpf, javax.swing.JOptionPane.QUESTION_MESSAGE, javax.swing.JOptionPane.OK_CANCEL_OPTION)
dialog = jop.createDialog("Password:")
dialog.setVisible(true)
result = jop.getValue()
dialog.dispose()
password = None
if(result == javax.swing.JOptionPane.OK_OPTION):
password = jpf.getPassword()
world.password = ''.join(password)
world.speedMultiplier = 1.0
MyThread().start()It puts bullet points (or circles?) in instead of letters.
2 slght issues are - the input box is not automatically focused (not that much of a problem, just click on it) and you cant have a message saying "enter your password" as using a list just results in letters instead of form items, but its in the title and its quite obvious.

room14
10-24-2010, 01:17 AM
I just wanted to know, how does this thing work?

zonedabone
10-24-2010, 11:01 AM
I just wanted to know, how does this thing work?

No idea which thing you're talking about, so I'll cover both:

The program:
It is pretty much entirely python. once the user credentials are entered, python spawns a thread that immediately hides the password and tries to connect to the host. The host returns a series of codes that can be interpreted by the program. When a login succeeds, the program gets a session token, that is used to connect for the remainder of the session. When the program requests posts, the server-side script returns a pickles object containing all posts for the user since it last queried the server. This allows the server to give the program multiple messages at once in case it missed one.

The server:
TO keep the program secure, I'm not going to reveal how it functions. Arty is the only one that knows because he knows a bunch about AJYTHON. (Alice Java Python)

The dialog script:
This script uses a standard dialog convention that Arty and I built a few months back. It spawns a thread to run, stops the world, waits for input, and then sets a world variable. I forgot about this for a bit and will probably implement it in the next version of chat. (Considering it could easily be put at the beginning of the check-thread. In fact, the new version will probably be built from scratch to take advantage of all the server updates I'm making.

P.S. My FREE HOST is back up, so post away!

zonedabone
10-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Also, I'm planning on making a new website called aliceonline. The hope is that by making an account there, you will be able to access all of my future networked things.

zonedabone
10-24-2010, 11:08 AM
here, a jython password input for you zone:

import threading, string

def passwordDialog():
class MyThread(threading.Thread):
def run(self):
jop = javax.swing.JOptionPane(jpf, javax.swing.JOptionPane.QUESTION_MESSAGE, javax.swing.JOptionPane.OK_CANCEL_OPTION)
dialog = jop.createDialog("Password:")
dialog.setVisible(true)
result = jop.getValue()
dialog.dispose()
password = None
if(result == javax.swing.JOptionPane.OK_OPTION):
password = jpf.getPassword()
world.password = ''.join(password)
MyThread().start()It puts bullet points (or circles?) in instead of letters.
2 slght issues are - the input box is not automatically focused (not that much of a problem, just click on it) and you cant have a message saying "enter your password" as using a list just results in letters instead of form items, but its in the title and its quite obvious.
Woah, man! I didn't take time to look at the code, but this uses javax! Does the javax module work on Alice? I had too many problems to count when I used it, but that's probably because I spawned the thread before the world started.

dubastot
10-24-2010, 11:11 AM
I have plenty of space to store your coding as well as plenty of space for data transfer on my site. If you wanted, I am sure I could give you access to the site and you could post your files there.

I could even create a sub domain: aliceonline.uperduper.com

arty-fishL
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
uper duper is a neat website.

and yes that uses javax, javax works fine, also no need for import. When run properly the password dialogue should run correctly.

here's a new mini version:
import threading, string

def password():
class MyThread ( threading.Thread ):
def run ( self ):
javax.swing.JOptionPane.showConfirmDialog(None, jpf, "Password:", javax.swing.JOptionPane.OK_CANCEL_OPTION)
world.password = ''.join(jpf.getPassword())
MyThread().start()this version works the same except its smaller code and it uses a dialog box instead of a java frame and therefore does not spawn a new window (so "Password:" is no longer visible on the task bar and under applications in task manager)

hey, look, ive learnt to thread!!! (from that website you suggested a while back)

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-28-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm on right now if someone wants to talk.

jediaction
10-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Uh. You dont need to post a comment for that. We would know if your on....:D

beachbum111111
11-04-2010, 06:49 PM
what do you do in it???

beachbum111111
11-04-2010, 06:55 PM
never mind...

zonedabone
11-04-2010, 07:18 PM
You chat, silly!

beachbum111111
11-04-2010, 08:08 PM
how did you make it work online???

jediaction
11-04-2010, 08:59 PM
Make an account in the link in the description. Then log in in the chat. It didnt work for me, but I'm just rephrasing the instructions....

beachbum111111
11-04-2010, 09:28 PM
no how did he amke his alice world online?

Dameria
11-04-2010, 10:07 PM
no how did he amke his alice world online?

Its a language called Python, you can use it with Alice when you enable Python scripting. It allows you to use the full capabilities that Python provides, including data transfers to other computers (useful for making online multiplayer). The chat is the only real useful thing that has come out of this so far though, no actual multiplayer game has been created yet using this, so don't gets your hopes up. Python can do so much more than that though, it really expands the capabilities of Alice. Too bad I don't know it, and I'm too lazy to learn :(

jediaction
11-05-2010, 08:23 AM
me to Dameria:)

beachbum111111
11-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Its a language called Python, you can use it with Alice when you enable Python scripting. It allows you to use the full capabilities that Python provides, including data transfers to other computers (useful for making online multiplayer). The chat is the only real useful thing that has come out of this so far though, no actual multiplayer game has been created yet using this, so don't gets your hopes up. Python can do so much more than that though, it really expands the capabilities of Alice. Too bad I don't know it, and I'm too lazy to learn :(

is ir a lot like alice or is it a whole different programming language???

Dameria
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Its a lot different than Alice. It actually requires you typing in the code instead of picking up blocks of code and dropping them where you want it. There is a whole syntax that you have to learn.

zonedabone
11-05-2010, 04:40 PM

It's totally different. It runs alongside Alice, but Alice technically doesn't support. This program runs on CSI-SSI system, where the client talks to the server (Located in california for those who care) and the server fetches information from an SQL database. I am not disclosing the SSI code publically because Arty and I want to develop it more before I do. (Actually, he is building his own SSI which I am looking forward to)

King Gamer(gorit)
01-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Hey Zone, This is a great Program I just got back to see this. I would like to ask you how do you like Heliohost I had mentioned the website here back in the spring last year and Im glad it has helped you.

zonedabone
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
It's the best money can't buy! I'e had great luck with it, and use it for all of my projects like this. Of course, for beta testing, I usually run my code on a local server.

About the coding for this, I think that I will start coding the web side of my applications such as this in php, now that I'm learning it. Expect speed increases in the future.

King Gamer(gorit)
01-22-2011, 02:08 PM
I have to be honest, I need to wake up at 3 AM one time to sign up. Stupid server being on the West coast and me being on the East. They only allow 200 signups a day and it resets at 12 on the west coast.Whatever, I need a website though because I am starting to make real games with Unity and C#.

David B
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM

How did you do that?

David B
01-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Right now, my FREE HOST is having problems. It will be down for a bit.

Who is your FREE HOST?

zonedabone
01-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Heliohost

David B
01-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I have made a chat room that actually works! Click here (http://quizlet.com/discuss.php?popout=true&id=4127013&kind=1) to visit it. Go to this thread (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=5889) for more details!

arty-fishL
01-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Zone's one actually works as well