PDA

View Full Version : alice 3 to alice 2.3?

june1300
10-23-2010, 07:11 AM
I am sure this is a silly question but thought I'd give it a shot....
can I import alice 3 characters into alice 2.3??

arty-fishL
10-23-2010, 04:17 PM
im sure it is a silly question.

Alice 2.3? whats that?

x2495iiii
10-23-2010, 10:50 PM
Not silly at all. You're asking for the best models in the most stable program. Sounds reasonable to me.

Unfortunately, it isn't possible yet.

june1300
10-24-2010, 06:26 PM
K....My Bad, I wasent really thinking about the Proper name when referring to 2.3. I knew I just updated to the newest version of ALICE and the older version was 2.2.

I appreciate the answer though, as it did help me tell my student who wants to use 3.0 that he can't import the "newer" into the "older"

Thanx for your patience as this is my first time trying to introduce students to ALICE, while being a newbie myself.

Dennis Cosgrove
12-16-2010, 12:31 AM
K....My Bad, I wasent really thinking about the Proper name when referring to 2.3. I knew I just updated to the newest version of ALICE and the older version was 2.2.

I appreciate the answer though, as it did help me tell my student who wants to use 3.0 that he can't import the "newer" into the "older"

Thanx for your patience as this is my first time trying to introduce students to ALICE, while being a newbie myself.

no problem at all. it is a fine question.

sadly, the answer is it's never going to happen.

i'd rather spend all of my time trying to improve alice3 (until no one even thinks about going back to alice2). we're obviously not there yet, but we are working on it. :)