PDA

View Full Version : Alice version of 4-Connect

amueller
01-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Hi,

I just finished the final assignment of a class I'm taking at the Dallas County Community College. We had to make a game (any game). I decided to make a version of the classic board game 4 connect. It took me about a week to get the game to the current stage, including many hours of debugging. The game has two modes (2-player / 1-player). Because of limited time available, the computer opponent is very basic and quite easy to beat. I hope there are not too many mistakes left in the code. Also, I think in Java I would have used more nested for loops for certain methods. Maybe I'll refine the game in the future by adding sounds, music, and improving the AI's abilities. But overall I'm quite happy of having taken the class. We have learned a lot in about 5 weeks!

Andreas M.

arty-fishL
01-12-2011, 09:36 PM
I like it, very good. :D:D:D

amueller
01-14-2011, 07:10 PM
Thanks!

timsally
01-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Great job Andreas!

The amount of work writing code for an AI is amazing! The fact that you had only a couple weeks (even less?!) to do this final project makes it that much more amazing!

I'll be posting my project by the end of the day....so hopefully it works because some bugs with Alice 2.0 are getting irritating.

Tim S.

David B
01-15-2011, 01:39 PM
I am hosting an Unofficial Alice Contest on this thread (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=30493#post30493). Why don't you consider entering this world?