PDA

View Full Version : Best Replicate Contest!

jediaction
03-24-2011, 01:58 PM
I know the title is like waa? But thats what the description is for. I am starting a contest that is nothing like we have ever done before. It's who can make the best replicate screen shot of a video game. Like for example, find a poster of a game online and try to replicate it in Alice. Just post the screen shots side by side and I will decide on April 13 who one. Entries end April 8th

Rules!

1 entry per person
Billboards cant be the picture
Public vote and my vote ends April 18
We will have The qualifiers, then the Finals....then the winner! The winner will get something.

What should it be?

Example...

sfunk
03-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I know the title is like waa? But thats what the description is for. I am starting a contest that is nothing like we have ever done before. It's who can make the best replicate screen shot of a video game. Like for example, find a poster of a game online and try to replicate it in Alice. Just post the screen shots side by side and I will decide at the end of April who one. This sound fun right? Im doing Halo....lol

This sounds like an interesting contest. But i have one question, how do you get a screen shot from alice? i havent figured that out yet?

jediaction
03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
You can take it with the Screenshot button in the top right corner of the game window. Or if your using windows, press the print screen button then crop t to whatever size you want/name it to whatever you want/works best with FPS alice games.

sfunk
03-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Alright! sweet. do we have to let you know what game we are making a screen shot of before we enter them in?

David B
03-24-2011, 03:19 PM
I know you participated in my contest, and as payback, you may expect me to participate, but I don't like video games, so I won't be participating. Sorry. Perhaps if you do an animation contest, I will enter.

Also, I am not sure how you plan on choosing the winner, but if it will be a public vote, I will participate.

jediaction
03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
I know you participated in my contest, and as payback, you may expect me to participate, but I don't like video games, so I won't be participating. Sorry. Perhaps if you do an animation contest, I will enter.

Also, I am not sure how you plan on choosing the winner, but if it will be a public vote, I will participate.

Um......I think it will be public.

Alright! sweet. do we have to let you know what game we are making a screen shot of before we enter them in?

nope. You dont have to, you can keep it a surprise...

sfunk
03-24-2011, 04:31 PM

nope. You dont have to, you can keep it a surprise...

Awesome! i need to get to thinking about which game to use, any specific genre or type of game? or is it open to any?

jediaction
03-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Any game. But the more complicated, the better chance of you winning

sfunk
03-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Alright, i have a pretty good idea of one to use :D it shall be awesome...hopefully XD

jediaction
03-24-2011, 07:00 PM
Do you like the example?

sfunk
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
I do. the guy is almost posed exactly like the COD picture

EDIT: how many entries can you do?

jediaction
03-25-2011, 08:59 AM
I did it in 10 minutes. I forgot the legs....

David B
03-25-2011, 03:40 PM

Sweet! PM me when voting has begun!

jediaction
03-25-2011, 05:30 PM
k

sfunk
03-25-2011, 05:58 PM
How many entries are allowed?

jediaction
03-25-2011, 09:06 PM
Total for everyone...there is no limit

Per person is 1

sfunk
03-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Alright!, well i just finished mine, so where should we put the pictures of the finished product and the screenshot of the game? just on this thread?

jediaction
03-25-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes on this thread...

sfunk
03-25-2011, 09:15 PM
well here is my entry for this contest :) took me a few hours to get this done. Picked this game since it was pretty much amazing all the way through even with all the times I played through!

jediaction
03-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Wow...well done! We will see how everyone elses entries look...

sfunk
03-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Wow...well done! We will see how everyone elses entries look...

Thanks! the only thing that stinks about this is in the he builder I couldn't make a child looking figure, which would have helped a lot haha.

jediaction
03-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Thats the challenge! Its all about the creativity!

sfunk
03-25-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes! I tried using the lighting to make the top person's face look younger to match the original picture, it worked somewhat but oh well :D i'm just glad i was able to finish it and get in it on time, since I rarely get too much time to spend on alice.

David B
03-25-2011, 10:47 PM
Do you like the example?

It is awesome!

arty-fishL
03-26-2011, 03:47 AM
Should this not be under contests or the lounge, rather than share worlds?

jediaction
03-26-2011, 09:07 AM
OH, right.....I will ask X to change it. X..can you change it?

sfunk
03-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Should this not be under contests or the lounge, rather than share worlds?

That is why i asked where we should put the screen shots at

jediaction
03-26-2011, 12:50 PM
Well...Just post them here, and I will take care of the finals...We are going to have finals...

David B
03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
OH, right.....I will ask X to change it. X..can you change it?

Um...if you want to X's attention, you may want to PM him.

King Gamer(gorit)
03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Can I like a minecraft screenshot look-a-like. Gaurantee mine would look the most like the game:p. I mean it is so hard to texture squares. Ok I won't do that but it will be something good.

reuben2011
03-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Maybe I'll do something with Kirby... :rolleyes:

nickster654
03-26-2011, 07:08 PM
everyone might as well throw in the towel.......

arty-fishL
03-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Lol, that's good.

jediaction
03-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Um...if you want to X's attention, you may want to PM him.

I did

Well go for it!

labtek9
03-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Well Jedi heres mine. Personally I like the first Assassins Creed more than the others...
Sorry about the image size, didn't realize plus I should have put the people a little tighter together.

sfunk
03-26-2011, 09:40 PM
everyone might as well throw in the towel.......

not to rain on anyones day...but i thought this was about game/game poster covers?

nickster654
03-26-2011, 10:42 PM
not to rain on anyones day...but i thought this was about game/game poster covers?

rules are meant to be broken.....

sfunk
03-26-2011, 11:00 PM
rules are meant to be broken.....

well i guess there have been spongebob games made, so technically it would still fit into the category, but I don't know if the game cover is just spongebob himself lol

nickster654
03-27-2011, 08:28 AM
well i guess there have been spongebob games made, so technically it would still fit into the category, but I don't know if the game cover is just spongebob himself lol

ahhhhh your being to technical : P

sfunk
03-27-2011, 08:52 AM
Oh well lol

nickster654
03-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Oh well lol

my spongebob one is a complete joke anyway so idc...

jediaction
03-27-2011, 06:19 PM

I knew someone would ask about that. I would generally like it to be the cover....but.....If its not, it has to be complicated. So you can do others but game covers would be the coolest. Btw...Whoever does the Halo 3 cover the best gets an extra point. Just because I like Halo!

EDIT: Rules are changed....2 entries are now aloud!!!

arty-fishL
03-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Well Jedi heres mine. Personally I like the first Assassins Creed more than the others...
Sorry about the image size, didn't realize plus I should have put the people a little tighter together.If you wanted to replicate it, then spelling the game title right in the picture should have been a big priority.

reuben2011
03-27-2011, 06:40 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/reuben2011/folders/Jing/media/1a2e6493-90de-4f6d-8c46-73b28a3f0051/2011-03-27_1333.png

Some interesting points:

The eyebrows are 3d text's with the text "|"
The floor and wall are solar panel objects
Getting the perspective was somewhat difficult to do.
The eyes are are series of tilted parabola shapes intersecting with the sphere.
The red and blue things around the logo are two "shell" shapes intersecting.

I'll make it nicer if the competition gets any more fierce and/or if I have extra time.

arty-fishL
03-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Best one yet, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:D

reuben2011
03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Best one yet, amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:Dhttp://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif:D

Thank you! I spent awhile on it. I spent the longest time on the eyes and the red and blue things around the logo.

jediaction
03-27-2011, 07:48 PM
http://content.screencast.com/users/reuben2011/folders/Jing/media/1a2e6493-90de-4f6d-8c46-73b28a3f0051/2011-03-27_1333.png

Some interesting points:

The eyebrows are 3d text's with the text "|"
The floor and wall are solar panel objects
Getting the perspective was somewhat difficult to do.
The eyes are are series of tilted parabola shapes intersecting with the sphere.
The red and blue things around the logo are two "shell" shapes intersecting.

I'll make it nicer if the competition gets any more fierce and/or if I have extra time.

Wow. Good job! This is very good, I love that game too! So, just to be picky, you forgot the E rating at the bottom left and the Nintendo Logo, and the gamecube...but this is going to be hard to beat!!!

reuben2011
03-27-2011, 08:00 PM
I didn't feel like doing the extra logos. I figured they weren't an original part of the cover design. Also, I just felt too lazy to do it. XD

debussybunny563
03-27-2011, 08:52 PM
The world has to be made in Alice, right?

Technically you could just import a picture of the cover as a billboard and that would be your "replication."

They'd be identical, and barely any effort is required. ;)

And to reuben, that is AWESOME. High quality work right there, bud. Especially considering the amount of fine-tuning you must've done with the eyes and everything.

reuben2011
03-27-2011, 09:00 PM

Technically you could just import a picture of the cover as a billboard and that would be your "replication."

And to reuben, that is AWESOME. High quality work right there, bud. Especially considering the amount of fine-tuning you must've done with the eyes and everything.

Thanks! ^_^ Also, I think we should have a "no importing billboards" rule.

jediaction
03-28-2011, 09:55 AM

It has to be made in Alice, but the bill boards cant be the picture

Any more entries anyone? This is getting good. You guys are doing great!

David B
03-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Any more entries anyone? This is getting good. You guys are doing great!

Yeah! As I said earlier, I am not a video game person, but the entries are awesome!

sfunk
03-29-2011, 08:39 PM
I might make a second entry since you said that is allowed, but i don't have much time to work on alice lately.

jediaction
03-30-2011, 10:31 AM
You have time...So dont worry

Alright everybody. The competition is almost over. Get you entries in as soon as possible before closing day!

David B
04-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Alright everybody. The competition is almost over. Get you entries in as soon as possible before closing day!

In the original post, I only saw the date that you would select the winner, bit I didn't see the closing date. Does the closing date happen to be today?

jediaction
04-04-2011, 05:31 PM
No. THe closing day is going ot be April 13th. It has been that. I thought I said that...Let me check

Edit: The entries are due by April 8th

Guys! This ends real soon! Come on! Post something. They are great so far. Dont miss out!

reuben2011
04-09-2011, 09:33 PM
I think I'm satisfied with my single entry. Who is active in the forums that hasn't posted yet?

jediaction
04-10-2011, 12:29 PM
A lot...

jediaction
04-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Well, this competition is over....and I am putting up the post for votes

David B
04-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Well, this competition is over....and I am putting up the post for votes

Where?

jediaction
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
I put it in the contest section but they have to approve or something which they never do for me, so...I will post it tommorow in Share worlds

David B
04-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I put it in the contest section but they have to approve or something which they never do for me, so...I will post it tommorow in Share worlds

You can post it in the AODb Community Forums, but just make sure that you put a link back to this thread in your post.

jediaction
04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
I see, your trying to get posts on your community pages...haha, who would do that.

Hey, everybody, check out my fourms and post some stuff, it is so cool!:p

lol

David B
04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
I see, your trying to get posts on your community pages...haha, who would do that.

Hey, everybody, check out my fourms and post some stuff, it is so cool!:p

lol

Yes I am trying to get posts. But I am not joking! Go ahead and post the poll on the AODb Community Forums! I don't care, and I wasn't joking when I posted that! You can post the poll in "The Lounge", but just make sure you link to this thread! That is the only thing I ask! Of course, if you don't want to use the AODb Community Fourms, that is fune with me, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. (Besides, it would help promote the AODb Community Forums, and for the matter, the AODb itself!)

jediaction
04-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes I am trying to get posts. But I am not joking! Go ahead and post the poll on the AODb Community Forums! I don't care, and I wasn't joking when I posted that! You can post the poll in "The Lounge", but just make sure you link to this thread! That is the only thing I ask! Of course, if you don't want to use the AODb Community Fourms, that is fune with me, but I thought it was a pretty good idea. (Besides, it would help promote the AODb Community Forums, and for the matter, the AODb itself!)

I know you werent joking, I was. But ok, I guess I could do it in your community, but I will do it in here to, because that is where I posted the contest

madden
04-20-2011, 06:36 PM
Hahaha, so I know its too late to enter but I wiped something up today just for fun. :)

jediaction
04-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Madden!?!??!!Wow! Haven't heard from you in a while! Hey man! Anyway, I love your photo, but actually, I haven't made the voting thread yet, so...because your my favorite game maker in the alice community, I will let this on in!:) No offense to anyone else, I love your games too

madden
04-22-2011, 01:27 PM
Madden!?!??!!Wow! Haven't heard from you in a while! Hey man! Anyway, I love your photo, but actually, I haven't made the voting thread yet, so...because your my favorite game maker in the alice community, I will let this on in!:) No offense to anyone else, I love your games too

Haha, wow, thanks man. :)
I really love your games too, and thanks for letting me in late, hahaha.

jediaction
04-22-2011, 09:36 PM
No problem, you are like my all time favorite Alice game developer person!

again..no offense to everyone else. Madden, is just like....origional