PDA

View Full Version : A Request For A Motorized Bike

Lordelwood
04-07-2011, 08:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a 3d model for a motorcycle or a dirt bike. I have looked around and with no luck, found nothing. a dirt bike would be preferred but like i said, any kind of motorized bike is fine, thank you all for your time.
~Lordelwood~

Lordelwood
04-08-2011, 01:41 PM
sigh, i guess no one has any models...

Lordelwood
04-10-2011, 10:53 PM
please if anyone has any information or idea, please let me know, I'm starting to run out of time :(

Lordelwood
04-13-2011, 01:40 PM
ok, with the help of debussybunny563 and arty-fishL i have created a mortocycle, it looks horible but hey, its the first one here so yeah, im going to go ahead and distribute it cause im just nice like that, enjoy
(side note, coloring it a real dark red looks nice)
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii94/lordelwood0/bikepic.png
Download (http://www.sendspace.com/file/vuph45)

x2495iiii
04-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Got the kawasaki converted. It was much too complex in it's original form, so I had to run a polygon reducer script on it a few times. Still, for a first draft, I think it turned out okay.

It doesn't have a texture or subparts yet, though.

sfunk
04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
if i could actually download blender and sketchup and get the import plug ins to work right, i would start converting models, but i cant, so sorry

Lordelwood
04-13-2011, 04:31 PM
Got the kawasaki converted. It was much too complex in it's original form, so I had to run a polygon reducer script on it a few times. Still, for a first draft, I think it turned out okay.

It doesn't have a texture or subparts yet, though.

THANK YOU!
i dont care about the texture really, sub-part would be nice but this is a great help, a lot better than the one i made earlier
Your awesome x2495iiii
can i ask how you make sub parts? i might want to try. on this so that way i can make my own models at least sub-part them on my own

x2495iiii
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
In blender, after you've imported the model...

1. right click any part of the object

2. press ctrl-b and drag a diagonal line across the entire model

3. press ctrl-j to make the objects one whole object

4. press tab

5. select the vertexes of the subpart individually

6. press p to separate them into their own object

7. rename the new subpart to something without a period

8. press tab again

9. right-click the main object, then while holding ctrl, right-click the subpart

10. press p and hit enter

That's it.

Lordelwood
04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
ok, question, what if i need to select multiple items to make them a subpart? cause i want to make each wheel there own part, but each wheel has like 100 tread objects and such

x2495iiii
04-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Step five says to select the vertexes of the subpart. That means that you select whatever points of the object that are a part of the subpart. The amount of vertexes needed to do so depend on the size and shape of the object.

Lordelwood
04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
ok, now im confused... i think ill leave this to the pros for now and stick with my bike that you made x2495iiii, it will be alot better than the bicycle kid i was using earlier, thanks again!