PDA

View Full Version : Error During Simulation. How do I fix it?

jjppan
05-17-2011, 08:26 PM
So for my final project, I will make a simulation game using alice 2.2, where the user can walk and do other real life activities.
so far I made a start menu for my game. When the user presses space,
the user can select a character, either boy or girl. then the user will enter his default name for the character. It worked but after playing it again and again, alice wouldn't load the game due to a simulation error & wont compile.

HOW DO I FIX THIS? Maybe my code wasn't efficient. What is the best possible way to write the code in which the user selects a character. I'm still new to alice.

Also, when the user keeps pressing space on the world, the event repeats. But I only want to do the event once. For example, I had an event where when the mouse is clicked on the boy, it directs it to the selectBoy method. The selectBoy method has "What is your name?" Enter <string>. The user could press space again and again, and the world would keep asking Enter name & would repeat, but I only want to do this once.

How do I fix it so it wont have any more errors? Can someone fix this & send me my modified code?

jjppan
05-17-2011, 08:34 PM
my project in this attachment

Okay so I tested out this project again.

When I open up my world & press play, it plays.

But when I exit, and press play the second time. IT SAYS "Error during similation" & wont compile. It also says unknown error at the beginning of the played world. Help!