PDA

View Full Version : Arrow

sfunk
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Have you ever been making a game, and realized you want to use an arrow, and you don't have a good model of one, so instead of making a very clumsy vehilced box and triangle, here is a nice arrow model with a good axis.

EDIT:::: arrow 2 has subparts for the head and tail

Mr Kidnapper
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Mr. Kidnapper was vastly mislead. Mr. Kidnapper thought it would be an actual wooden/plastic arrow.

sfunk
05-25-2011, 12:43 AM
just use a different color if your being serious

reuben2011
05-25-2011, 02:16 AM
Nice arrow! I think this might come in handy! Just curious, is the tail and the tip individual sub-parts (I haven't downloaded the file yet.)?

DensetsuNoKaboom
05-25-2011, 06:00 AM
DensetsuNoKaboom started to refer to himself in the third person.
DensetsuNoKaboom thought the arrow could be a useful object.

sfunk
05-25-2011, 09:52 AM
Nice arrow! I think this might come in handy! Just curious, is the tail and the tip individual sub-parts (I haven't downloaded the file yet.)?

no I made it one solid object, if you want I could make it two separate objects.

sfunk
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
DensetsuNoKaboom started to refer to himself in the third person.
DensetsuNoKaboom thought the arrow could be a useful object.

well its good you think it could be useful lol

reuben2011
05-25-2011, 04:05 PM
no I made it one solid object, if you want I could make it two separate objects.

I figured of someone wanted to change the thickness or size of the tail or tip independently of each other.

sfunk
05-25-2011, 07:06 PM
well Ill add one shortly with two subparts lol

reuben2011
05-26-2011, 03:21 AM
Sorry, I've always thought of an arrow of consisting of two parts: head and tail. Thanks for creating a two-part model! :D

sfunk
05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
well the only reason I didn't make it a two part model originaly is because I figured someone would complain about an off axis since sketchup only allows subparts revolve around a certain pivot point which is that of the world origin of the axis, causing dificult axis to use lol

Mr Kidnapper
05-26-2011, 11:36 PM
If you link all subobjects to a single object, that object will become the core "Shell" and use that object's pivot point. If you don't, and there are multiple subobjects in the first level, then there is no "Shell" and the pivot point that Alice will use is the center of the world or Scene. So make sure your object is properly aligned to the center. At least, that's how it has been for me and 3ds Max. What I never understood however, was how if I properly made the object face the Front in 3ds max, it always seemed to make the object go in the opposite direction on the XY axis. So I always make the object face the back now...
In other words, as long as you don't assign the subobjects a parent it should be fine.

sfunk
05-29-2011, 10:21 AM
If you link all subobjects to a single object, that object will become the core "Shell" and use that object's pivot point. If you don't, and there are multiple subobjects in the first level, then there is no "Shell" and the pivot point that Alice will use is the center of the world or Scene. So make sure your object is properly aligned to the center. At least, that's how it has been for me and 3ds Max. What I never understood however, was how if I properly made the object face the Front in 3ds max, it always seemed to make the object go in the opposite direction on the XY axis. So I always make the object face the back now...
In other words, as long as you don't assign the subobjects a parent it should be fine.

well in sketchup, the only way to create subparts is to assign a different texture for the object parts, then the axis will revolve around where ever the main axis is in the world of sketchup, but there is a tool to assign new axis(pivot points) but it only effects one certain direction to allow this. and the same problem with having to change the direction of making an object to make it appear in the world is the same with sketchup.