PDA

View Full Version : The wall may be broken.

zonedabone
06-04-2011, 09:24 AM
What could this possibly mean? Many of us who were on the forums a few months back took part in the debate over the feasibility of multiplayer in alice. The farthest we got to multiplayer was with messages, see Alice Chat by me. The reason why we were unable to get beyond this point was that nobody owned any sort of public dedicated IP or server. Without this, requests had to use FTP or webpages. Well, I am pleased to announce that thanks to my minecraft adventures, I have aquired a large VPS that is fully capable of serving alice clients. I am starting to work on a version of AliceChat (3.0) that will run on a direct server connection! Expect it out in the next few days.

sfunk
06-04-2011, 10:58 AM
very niceeee

TauTrumpsPi
06-04-2011, 02:14 PM
Nice!!!!!

P.S. YAY MINECRAFT

arty-fishL
06-05-2011, 10:09 AM
Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!! Sounds brilliant.

Welcome back Zone, so much has happened since you were gone (especially in Jython). I now know how to access absolutely every part of the Alice interface, amazing!!!! I can also link worlds together, search for that. Jedi finished Halo and it was amazing (dont know if you know).

jediaction
06-05-2011, 12:52 PM
What could this possibly mean? Many of us who were on the forums a few months back took part in the debate over the feasibility of multiplayer in alice. The farthest we got to multiplayer was with messages, see Alice Chat by me. The reason why we were unable to get beyond this point was that nobody owned any sort of public dedicated IP or server. Without this, requests had to use FTP or webpages. Well, I am pleased to announce that thanks to my minecraft adventures, I have aquired a large VPS that is fully capable of serving alice clients. I am starting to work on a version of AliceChat (3.0) that will run on a direct server connection! Expect it out in the next few days.

Zone! Welcome back!!! Wow, you got something good coming! Sweet, hey, btw, I am working on HALO 2 and I have added so much. I might even be doing special contest winners get to try it early...

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-07-2011, 10:29 AM
You're back, Zone! And with new Alice developments! =DDDD

beachbum111111
06-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Yay!!!

David B
06-07-2011, 12:30 PM

Cool! If you don't mind my asking, how did you accquire it?

jediaction
06-07-2011, 03:40 PM
David, if your interested in making your own, don't think it's just a "ooh, I know how to do it" and then make it. But if not, then....Good question:p:p

David B
06-07-2011, 03:53 PM
David, if your interested in making your own, don't think it's just a "ooh, I know how to do it" and then make it. But if not, then....Good question:p:p

What do you mean?

jediaction
06-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Are you asking that because you want to try and do it yourself?

Mr Kidnapper
06-08-2011, 01:45 AM
Multiplayer? How the hell? Well, interesting. I'm guessing we need specialized worlds.

jediaction
06-08-2011, 11:42 AM
I guess...

David B
06-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Are you asking that because you want to try and do it yourself?

I am asking because I would like to try designing a multi-player game in Alice too, but I need to have the resources to do so, and I am not sure how to get those resources.

jediaction
06-08-2011, 01:59 PM
So I was correct. Yah, David, don't get your hopes up "to" high, because this is a pretty recent discovery:D

David B
06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
So I was correct. Yah, David, don't get your hopes up "to" high, because this is a pretty recent discovery:D

I figured so much.

David B
06-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Speaking of which, has zone disappeared on us again?

jediaction
06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
I think he is going on and off..but I think he is working on his project. High chance of that

David B
06-08-2011, 02:46 PM
I think he is going on and off..but I think he is working on his project. High chance of that

Okay. I haven't been active lately, but apparently, he hasn't been very active lately either.