PDA

View Full Version : Sky Warrior 2?

zero00
06-10-2011, 03:15 AM
Using the new programming skills I have learned, I am planning a sequel to my Sky Warrior game! :D

I've also made a little "proof of concept" world here. For whatever reason, I lot of my energy has gone into "artwork", as shown by this incredibly over-elaborate title screen.

Here is the work I have done now:
It is very far from complete now, of course :p
There are also no enemies at the moment.

====Changes I am planning=========
-New Bosses (probably three again)
-Distinct "Engrish" subtitles and sentences (Think "Be attitude for gains")
-More professional appearance
-Replacing the "balanced powerups" from Sky Warrior (Max Speed, Max Power) with specific ships (fast ship, heavy ship, average ship)
=============================

If you haven't seen Sky Warrior 1: here it is! (http://www.alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6291)

====Controls=======
(Controls are the same as last time)
Arrow keys...........Move
Space.................Shoot
Enter..................Title Screen Toggle
=================

The Tutorial Level is on post 3!

Wish me luck! :D

David B
06-10-2011, 08:11 AM
When I have some time, I'll have to check out your first Sky Warrior game and this one. I have never tried either of them.

zero00
06-12-2011, 03:16 AM
This is the first level of the game! It is intended to be a sort of tutorial for people new to the game. This is also the most difficult Alice world or me to develop, due to a plot of some kind being involved...
(I'm not good at plot, by the way :o)

Anyway, now that this level is done, I can now move on the more fun levels similar to the last Sky Warrior Game! :D

You can download the first level here!
Here it is! (http://www.mediafire.com/file/5do8xue8jufhb6k/tutorial_v12.a2w)

(Feel free to give construct criticism!
Also, feel free to tell any ideas, compliants, or bugs you find that you wish to share! :D)

David B
06-12-2011, 09:07 AM
I will check the game out as soon as my computer is rebuilt.

arty-fishL
06-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Please remind me tomorrow, I havent got Alice on this computer.

zero00
06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Remind you of what?

zero00
06-13-2011, 06:25 AM
I don't think I'll be able to complete Sky Warrior 2. :(

I don't really feel as inspired to make this game as did with the others, probably because I didn't really have a good sense of scope for this game. I was hoping to release new Sky Warrior games episodically, but I didn't count me not having any ideas :p

I might try making this game again, but not now.
(It seems like I can't stick to one project these days...oh well, moving on! :P)

arty-fishL
06-13-2011, 05:45 PM
I don't think I'll be able to complete Sky Warrior 2. :(

I don't really feel as inspired to make this game as did with the others, probably because I didn't really have a good sense of scope for this game. I was hoping to release new Sky Warrior games episodically, but I didn't count me not having any ideas :p

I might try making this game again, but not now.
(It seems like I can't stick to one project these days...oh well, moving on! :P):(