PDA

View Full Version : File I/O Tool

arty-fishL
06-14-2011, 05:15 PM
This is a neat file I/O tool I made for TauTrumpsPi (http://www.alice.org/community/member.php?u=18410).
Import the object into the world you want to use it in.
Don't rename it and don't delete any of its variables, methods or events.

Set IOTool's variable named current_file to the file to be used. Change it when necessary.
Use any of its methods wherever required.
Some methods have basic help/info in comments inside them.
Any method that returns a value (eg read_all or get_lines) will write its value to IOTool's variable named returnString (or returnNumber for get_lines).

Update 1.1 - should work perfectly now.
Update 1.2 - now it actually definitely works; trialled and tested.

New Version Available - Save Tool (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45897) - for specifically saving and loading variables

Read below only if you require help:

get_value - returns to returnString - parameter value is the name of the value key - returns info about the file (eg size).
new_file - returns none - parameter filename is the complete folder, file,ext name (ie C:\Users\Me\Documents\blank.txt).
new_folder - returns none - parameter dirname is the complete pathname of the directory (ie C:\Users\Me\Documents\folder).
read_all - returns to returnString - no parameters - reads the entire file.
read_line - returns to returnString -parameter line is the line to read - reads only a given line from the file.
get_lines - returns to returnNumber -no parameters - returns the number of lines of text in the file.
write - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with - writes over everything in the file.
write_line - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with, line is the line to write over - writes over everything on only the specified line in the file.
write_append - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with - writes onto the end of the file, retaining any text already in it.
delete_file - returns none - no parameters - completely removes the file from disc.
replace_file - returns none - parameter file_to_overwrite_with is the complete filename of the file to write with - replaces the current file with the contents of another file, replaces in binary, so can replace with images etc.
rename_file - returns none - parameter name is the new name to give the file, set full_path to true to change complete filename; or to false just to change name relative to the directory it is in - renames the file.

Support me by using this DOWNLOAD link (http://adf.ly/8J02s) (AdF.ly)

David B
06-14-2011, 05:44 PM
This is a neat file I/O tool I made for TauTrumpsPi (http://www.alice.org/community/member.php?u=18410).
Import the object into the world you want to use it in.
Don't rename it and don't delete any of its variables, methods or events.

Set IOTool's variable named current_file to the file to be used. Change it when necessary.
Use any of its methods wherever required.
Some methods have basic help/info in comments inside them.
Any method that returns a value (eg read_all or get_lines) will write its value to IOTool's variable named returnString (or returnNumber for get_lines).

Read below only if you require help:

get_value - returns to returnString - parameter value is the name of the value key - returns info about the file (eg size).
new_file - returns none - parameter filename is the complete folder, file,ext name (ie C:\Users\Me\Documents\blank.txt).
new_folder - returns none - parameter dirname is the complete pathname of the directory (ie C:\Users\Me\Documents\folder).
read_all - returns to returnString - no parameters - reads the entire file.
read_line - returns to returnString -parameter line is the line to read - reads only a given line from the file.
get_lines - returns to returnNumber -no parameters - returns the number of lines of text in the file.
write - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with - writes over everything in the file.
write_line - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with, line is the line to write over - writes over everything on only the specified line in the file.
write_append - returns none - parameter text is the string to write with - writes onto the end of the file, retaining any text already in it.
delete_file - returns none - no parameters - completely removes the file from disc.
replace_file - returns none - parameter file_to_overwrite_with is the complete filename of the file to write with - replaces the current file with the contents of another file, replaces in binary, so can replace with images etc.
rename_file - returns none - parameter name is the new name to give the file, set full_path to true to change complete filename; or to false just to change name relative to the directory it is in - renames the file.

Cool! It looks interesting!

TauTrumpsPi
06-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I can't get it to work... It seems like you're missing an integer variable of some sort

Here's the error

Error during simulation.

Alice version: 2.2 02/10/2011

Throwable that caused the error:

Traceback (innermost last):

File "edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ScriptProper ty[name=script,owner=edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.res ponse.ScriptResponse[world.iOTool.read_all.__Unnamed0__]]", line 1, in ?

NameError: fileinfo

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-15-2011, 06:29 AM
My head is spinning, partly because Arty just made a new manly batch of awesome, but also partly because I don't know what to do with it.

Can you write new .txt files with it?

arty-fishL
06-15-2011, 11:09 AM
I can't get it to work... It seems like you're missing an integer variable of some sort

Here's the error
Give it a second to start before you use it, don't use it on world start.
If that doesn't work, do you have an "on world start" event under the IOTool heading? If you don't then there should be one.

Can you write new .txt files with it?Yes, and read them. (they don't have to end in .txt, but they should be plain text files ie. not images etc.)

TauTrumpsPi
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
I got it! Thank you!

Chao
06-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Thanks! This will be very useful!

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-15-2011, 05:03 PM
yes, and read them. (they don't have to end in .txt, but they should be plain text files ie. Not images etc.)
Hmmm...
... :D:D:D:D:D

EDIT: It's not working. It creates new files all right but when I try to make it write a string variable to line 1 of the created file, it gives me an error.
Error during simulation.

File "edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ScriptProper ty[name=script,owner=edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.res ponse.ScriptResponse[world.iOTool.write_line.__Unnamed0__]]", line 1, in ?

File "<string>", line 7, in __init__

AttributeError: class 'org.python.modules.os' has no attribute 'path'

Mr Kidnapper
06-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Mr. Kidnapper does not understand the uses of this. Is it supposed to assist in creating save/load states?

TauTrumpsPi
06-15-2011, 06:06 PM
That is the reason I originally asked for it, yes.

room14
06-16-2011, 12:44 AM
Having the same error as densestu.:(
btw, you should add a method that converts strings into numbers:)

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-16-2011, 06:20 AM
Having the same error as densestu.:(
btw, you should add a method that converts strings into numbers:)

Yeah, so you can make it read a "number" that is in the file and change it to a number and set a variable to that number, so it wouldn't be just strings you can save!

David B
06-16-2011, 08:12 AM
I haven't come up with anything to use it for yet, but it is sounds very cool!

arty-fishL
06-16-2011, 01:17 PM
I updated it to a working version.
I'm considering the other suggested features.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
I updated it to a working version.
I'm considering the other suggested features.

Really now?

Error during simulation.

File "edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ScriptProper ty[name=script,owner=edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.res ponse.ScriptResponse[world.iOTool.event.__Unnamed0__]]", line 1, in ?

File "<string>", line 1, in ?

SyntaxError: ('future feature division is not defined', ('C:\\Documents and Settings\\*\\My Documents\\Alice22\\Required\\jython-2.1\\Lib\\javaos.py', 23, 6, ''))

Future feature division?

EDIT: I think you should also know that this error occurs when I start playing a world with the object in it.

Mr Kidnapper
06-16-2011, 03:06 PM
If you want uses, then you could use it to save PoV locations, booleans, and other number variables constantly every second to, for example, make a game a bit like Harvest Moon or other example sim game. In fact, I would applaud you for making a persistent world sim game. Persistent World could be achieved by making the world relative to computer date time, if you didn't know how.

TauTrumpsPi
06-16-2011, 04:02 PM
You know, I find it funny that I ask you to do this and then a week later I learn how to do it in C++. Odd coincedence.

arty-fishL
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I worked out what was wrong, its fixed.
Its updated and definitely works now, I tested it on a non-modified Alice.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
I worked out what was wrong, its fixed.
Its updated and definitely works now, I tested it on a non-modified Alice.

Error during simulation.

File "edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ScriptProper ty[name=script,owner=edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.res ponse.ScriptResponse[world.iOTool.write_line.__Unnamed0__]]", line 1, in ?

File "<string>", line 153, in writeline

IndexError: index out of range: -1

Bbbbububbuubuubbubut...

At least this time, it didn't happen until I tried to write a variable to line 1.
EDIT: And hey, it works when I overwrite the entire file with text rather than one line! And it works when I load that file!
EDIT2: And this is my 600th post!

arty-fishL
06-16-2011, 06:43 PM
No, that's just you using it wrong.

You cant write to line 1, because line 1 doesn't exist.
It is like a list, it starts at line 0.
If you want a new line at any time just add in \n .
Once the line exists you can write to it.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-17-2011, 06:45 AM
If you want a new line at any time just add in \n .

Add it in where?

arty-fishL
06-17-2011, 08:05 AM
Wherever you're writing just add \n into the string for a new line. For example:

"hi there \n my name is Bob\nGreat!"

would produce

hi there
my name is Bob
Great!

Anyway, what you were looking for was writing to line 0, not line 1.

I could maybe update it to change writing line 0 to line 1 instead (so the numbers are shifted down one) and so on. I could also add a function to create a new line or set of lines; one for changing a string to a number; maybe even also a variable saving function.

DensetsuNoKaboom
06-17-2011, 08:46 PM
It failed as well when I tried writing to line 0.

arty-fishL
06-18-2011, 04:14 AM
It failed as well when I tried writing to line 0.Ensure the file exists first - use new_file with overwrite set to false. If writing to line 0 doesn't work then try using write. It should work, I've tested it lots.

Dj Tech42
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Is this compatible with Mac OS X? I recognized it started with C:// so I changed it to the Mac filepath and when I ran the world it threw an error:

Error during simulation.

Alice version: 2.2 09/10/2010

File "edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.property.ScriptProper ty[name=script,owner=edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.res ponse.ScriptResponse[world.iOTool.event.__Unnamed0__]]", line 1, in ?
File "<string>", line 26, in ?
File "<string>", line 12, in patchOS
IOError: File not found - jython-2.1\Lib\javaos.py (No such file or directory)

arty-fishL
06-29-2011, 04:56 PM
Is this compatible with Mac OS X? I recognized it started with C:// so I changed it to the Mac filepath and when I ran the world it threw an error:

Error during simulation.

Alice version: 2.2 09/10/2010

File "<string>", line 26, in ?
File "<string>", line 12, in patchOS
IOError: File not found - jython-2.1\Lib\javaos.py (No such file or directory)Ehh, sorry, it seems your version (either your version is broken or Mac version is broken) of Alice has its file directory incorrectly referenced. You could try updating Alice, there's a newer version of 2.2 available, but I'm not sure that will help.

Dj Tech42
06-29-2011, 05:20 PM
I already have the latest version. I think it has something to do with the file system being different on Mac OS X. I think this is a very important feature that needs to be implemented into Alice and I am sad that it isn't working :(

Dj Tech42
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Is there a way I can change how Alice accesses the internal files? It can't find one of its own files, which is really annoying

arty-fishL
06-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I already have the latest version. I think it has something to do with the file system being different on Mac OS X. I think this is a very important feature that needs to be implemented into Alice and I am sad that it isn't working :(Oh, the latest Windows version is a 2011 version, youve got a 2010 (maybe Mac isn't as updated yet).

Is there a way I can change how Alice accesses the internal files? It can't find one of its own files, which is really annoyingElaborate on this error, I may be able to help. What file cant it find?

Dj Tech42
06-29-2011, 06:46 PM
/Applications/Alice 2.2.app/Contents/Required/jython-2.1/Lib/javaos.py

javaos.py is the file it is looking for, and I know where it is ^. Is there some way I can show Alice where to look for the file?

And the Mac version was released September 2010.

Dj Tech42
07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
It's still coming up with the error no matter what I do

arty-fishL
07-09-2011, 04:36 AM
It's still coming up with the error no matter what I doSorry about taking ages to respond. Try this world. Play it in Alice, wait for it to finish, then try restarting Alice.

Dj Tech42
07-09-2011, 10:40 AM
It says patch failed :(

arty-fishL
07-10-2011, 03:17 PM
It says patch failed :(
OK, try the new one, even if it doesn't work, it will print out debug info so I can see what is wrong

Dj Tech42
07-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Ok here's what it said:

START PATCH
Resource Transfer patch failed
Debug: File not found - resources\common\ResourceTransfer.py (No such file or directory)
Patch failed
END PATCH

Dj Tech42
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
The said file does exist, but it is under required/resources/common/

arty-fishL
07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
The said file does exist, but it is under required/resources/common/Sorry I am late again, I've been busy elsewhere - and in thinking about this. I'm at a loss, if it can't even be patched then I don't know what to do.

You haven't by chance stuck Alice in the system programs directory instead of your local home directory have you? Because if you have, then I would try moving it to a folder on your local home directory instead, the error may lay with permissions or similar.

Dj Tech42
07-21-2011, 06:17 PM
It's ok, you don't need to worry about it anymore. I can't even run Alice 2.2 on my computer now due to the code in Alice being too old.

Dj Tech42
08-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Well, Alice 2.2 is running on my computer again, but still no luck with the plugin. :( I will probably have to try it on a different computer.

Dj Tech42
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I think I might have fixed it! I enabled scripting on Alice and fixed the javaos.py path reference! I just need to try the actual methods now.

It worked! Thanks so much arty for creating such an awesome tool!

arty-fishL
08-06-2011, 04:06 AM
I think I might have fixed it! I enabled scripting on Alice and fixed the javaos.py path reference! I just need to try the actual methods now.

It worked! Thanks so much arty for creating such an awesome tool!Oh, then that means everybody else already had the OS module patched, it also means that I know how to fix the tool, well done for working this out.

Jabadahut50
08-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Neat tool. I was wondering if it is possible to use this in conjunction with the save tool and world linker tools(not sure who made them) to create a in game load screen to load saves that are in different worlds. If so I am soooo using this.:D

arty-fishL
08-22-2011, 11:41 AM
Neat tool. I was wondering if it is possible to use this in conjunction with the save tool and world linker tools(not sure who made them) to create a in game load screen to load saves that are in different worlds. If so I am soooo using this.:DThis is a save tool, what do you mean by the save tool in conjunction with this? The world linker tool was made by me also. This tool saves to disk, so the saves can be loaded by any world.

Jabadahut50
08-22-2011, 03:36 PM
This is a save tool, what do you mean by the save tool in conjunction with this? The world linker tool was made by me also. This tool saves to disk, so the saves can be loaded by any world.

oh derp i feel kinda stupid. What i was wondering is it possible to use this tool to gather info from a folder and display it within alice? I wanna make an ingame load screen. btw ur awsome.:o:D

Dj Tech42
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
oh derp i feel kinda stupid. What i was wondering is it possible to use this tool to gather info from a folder and display it within alice? I wanna make an ingame load screen. btw ur awsome.:o:D

Yes. :D You can look at my flight simulator to see how to use it. It's an awesome tool!

Mr Kidnapper
08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
You mean those save/load slots in RPGs that show your level, HP and whatnot? I don't see why you couldn't. Use the get_value command a lot.

Jabadahut50
08-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Yes. :D You can look at my flight simulator to see how to use it. It's an awesome tool!

I have a problem with your flight simulator. every time i try to run it it always has an error and won't run.

Jabadahut50
08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
You mean those save/load slots in RPGs that show your level, HP and whatnot? I don't see why you couldn't. Use the get_value command a lot.

Yeah i was thining siomilar lines as in location, time, and score for a fps game.

Dj Tech42
08-23-2011, 06:38 PM
I have a problem with your flight simulator. every time i try to run it it always has an error and won't run.

Try going to the iOTool object and click the properties tab. You can set the paths of the files you want to load and save from in there. That should make the flight simulator work. It's set to C:\ by default on Windows and /Users/Shared on Mac.

Change the variables that have "file" in the name (current file, prefs file, calibrate file, etc.)

arty-fishL
08-24-2011, 10:56 AM
Try going to the iOTool object and click the properties tab. You can set the paths of the files you want to load and save from in there. That should make the flight simulator work. It's set to C:\ by default on Windows and /Users/Shared on Mac.

Change the variables that have "file" in the name (current file, prefs file, calibrate file, etc.)That's got me thinking

I'm working on an update right now.
It features:
- An OS module patch
- More functions for use with numbers
- A function that provides the user's home directory (So the stuff Dj Tech42 is talking about can be resolved automatically)
- A function that provides the Alice directory
- Some other features.

Dj Tech42
08-24-2011, 11:15 AM
That's got me thinking

It features:
- An OS module patch
- A function that provides the user's home directory (So the stuff Dj Tech42 is talking about can be resolved automatically)
- Some other features.

Cool! What file structure does Linux have? Windows is C:\folder\folder and Mac is /folder/folder. I am wondering because I have a Windows version and a Mac version of my flight simulator, but will one of the versions work on Linux, too?

Jabadahut50
08-24-2011, 02:22 PM
That's got me thinking

It features:
- An OS module patch
- Some other features.

this would make the job of saving and loading so much easier and i could really use it. looking forward to next update now:p

arty-fishL
08-26-2011, 10:30 AM
Cool! What file structure does Linux have? Windows is C:\folder\folder and Mac is /folder/folder. I am wondering because I have a Windows version and a Mac version of my flight simulator, but will one of the versions work on Linux, too?Not got a clue. :confused:

this would make the job of saving and loading so much easier and i could really use it. looking forward to next update now:pThis is on hold because I'm wanting Addons out ASAP, then I can work on this again.

Jabadahut50
08-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Not got a clue. :confused:

This is on hold because I'm wanting Addons out ASAP, then I can work on this again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Darnit i was hoping to be able to finish my game with the new version. oh well can't wait for eitehr soooooo. confuzzled happy unhappy explosive creeper troll awsome face! :confused:

arty-fishL
08-27-2011, 08:55 AM
When using the IO Tool you can make it save to the Alice directory by setting the save path without a directory (ie "savedata.dat" only, without directory). But, I'm sorry - I am quite busy with Addons etc.

David B
08-27-2011, 09:21 AM
My head is spinning, partly because Arty just made a new manly batch of awesome, but also partly because I don't know what to do with it.

Can you write new .txt files with it?

I know...I said already that it looks interesting, but at the same time, what's it for?

Dj Tech42
08-27-2011, 02:16 PM
When using the IO Tool you can make it save to the Alice directory by setting the save path without a directory (ie "savedata.dat" only, without directory). But, I'm sorry - I am quite busy with Addons etc.

Whoa, awesome! I didn't know about that! That should make the world work on any computer very easily. Thanks!

Dj Tech42
09-04-2011, 09:15 PM
I know...I said already that it looks interesting, but at the same time, what's it for?

It lets you save things from your world (like settings, what level you were on, achievements). You write text to a text file. Then, when the world runs, it loads from the text file and using if statements, you can have the world set variables to "restore its progress." So, it basically lets you save while the Alice world is running, which is AWESOME. :D

David B
09-04-2011, 10:35 PM
It lets you save things from your world (like settings, what level you were on, achievements). You write text to a text file. Then, when the world runs, it loads from the text file and using if statements, you can have the world set variables to "restore its progress." So, it basically lets you save while the Alice world is running, which is AWESOME. :D

I am envious that I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that! That is awesome! http://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif

arty-fishL
09-05-2011, 01:32 PM
I am envious that I am not smart enough to figure out how to do that! That is awesome! http://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gifYeh, its a file Input/Output tool for reading and writing files and performing file operations.

room14
09-26-2011, 02:10 AM
hey this popped into my head. Can/have you make/made a String-Number converter?

arty-fishL
09-26-2011, 01:29 PM
hey this popped into my head. Can/have you make/made a String-Number converter?This feature is coming in my next file IO Tool update. Even if you don't want to use any file IO functions you can still import it for the string-number conversion feature. This update is postponed though, while I work on higher-priority stuff.

Dj Tech42
09-26-2011, 03:41 PM
hey this popped into my head. Can/have you make/made a String-Number converter?

Arty has already made one that isn't in the File IO Tool. I forget where it is posted, but it is in my flight simulator if you want to get the script.

room14
09-27-2011, 12:24 AM
what? where?

Dj Tech42
09-27-2011, 06:05 AM
I forget where Arty posted it, but you can go to the link in my signature to download my flight simulator and get it from there. It is a Jython script.

arty-fishL
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Arty has already made one that isn't in the File IO Tool. I forget where it is posted, but it is in my flight simulator if you want to get the script.
I did? Great :)

Dj Tech42
10-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Is the new version of the File IO Tool coming out soon?

arty-fishL
10-26-2011, 03:16 PM
Is the new version of the File IO Tool coming out soon?

I'm still focussing on my primary projects, sorry, and as I said elsewhere:
Battlefield 3 comes out on Friday (here in the UK, on the traditional release day) and I have it pre-ordered. I will be playing it as much as possible.

Dj Tech42
11-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I'm still focussing on my primary projects, sorry, and as I said elsewhere:

That's OK.

I just have a question. Can I use multiple instances of the File IO Tool object in my world? If so, can one run methods at the same time another one is running methods?

arty-fishL
11-01-2011, 08:06 PM
That's OK.

I just have a question. Can I use multiple instances of the File IO Tool object in my world? If so, can one run methods at the same time another one is running methods?That is actually a very interesting question. I understand that due to the limited access to scripting in Alice I have implemented a rather strange and also limited way of accessing those functions in the tool, so I can understand why you might want to do this.

Having two instances of the tool means having duplicate python functions. Whether these just override each other, as I would expect them to do, or whether in this environment they can run simultaneously under seperate scopes I am not sure of. The other major issue, which probably cancels out the last issue, is that the second tool would have a different object name, meaning its functions would access the variables of the first object, so in effect still only having one usable instance of the object.

So in summary Im not too sure, but I am expecting the answer to your question to, unfortunately , be no. The best way to find out is to test it for yourself (Im not at my computer, so I cant). The worst that could happen is you could get an error message and a duff file that you can easily delete.

What could you possibly be doing that requires dual simultaneous file access though? Can you not just do one file at a time?

room14
11-02-2011, 02:12 AM
What could you possibly be doing that requires dual simultaneous file access though? Can you not just do one file at a time?

data transfer to one world to another.

arty-fishL
11-02-2011, 01:18 PM
data transfer to one world to another.If that were so then there would be two instances of Alice working simultaneously with one IO Tool each and it would be absolutely possible, just not two instances of the object in the same world

Dj Tech42
11-02-2011, 01:20 PM
That is actually a very interesting question. I understand that due to the limited access to scripting in Alice I have implemented a rather strange and also limited way of accessing those functions in the tool, so I can understand why you might want to do this.

Having two instances of the tool means having duplicate python functions. Whether these just override each other, as I would expect them to do, or whether in this environment they can run simultaneously under seperate scopes I am not sure of. The other major issue, which probably cancels out the last issue, is that the second tool would have a different object name, meaning its functions would access the variables of the first object, so in effect still only having one usable instance of the object.

So in summary Im not too sure, but I am expecting the answer to your question to, unfortunately , be no. The best way to find out is to test it for yourself (Im not at my computer, so I cant). The worst that could happen is you could get an error message and a duff file that you can easily delete.

I figured that was the case. I was hoping I could do all the loading operations at once in the beginning to speed up the "boot up" of the world, but that may not have helped much anyway.

DensetsuNoKaboom
01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Have you worked any more on this tool, Arty?

A string-to-number converter would be useful for the next project I am planning...

arty-fishL
01-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Have you worked any more on this tool, Arty?

A string-to-number converter would be useful for the next project I am planning...I forgot about this. It shouldn't be too hard to do, I will do it at the weekend. I promise.

PS - nice avatar and sig

DensetsuNoKaboom
01-19-2012, 05:02 PM
I forgot about this. It shouldn't be too hard to do, I will do it at the weekend. I promise.

PS - nice avatar and sig

Thank you. Any time you can get it done.

arty-fishL
01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
I decided not to update this tool.
Instead I made a new one :D.

This one is much simpler to use and supports variable saving and loading, rather than file access.

You can still use this tool at the same time as the Save Tool if you really want!

Save Tool (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45897) - for specifically saving and loading variables.