PDA

View Full Version : Zero00's Previous Alice Worlds

zero00
06-18-2011, 08:17 AM
(I didn't know whether to put this thread in the "Share Worlds" or "Works-in-Progress" area, but since my previous worlds were never really "finished", I'll put them here.)

These are some worlds I made long ago that I'd like to share. I'm putting them in this thread, instead of making a million seperate threads for each one. :D

Click the links below for download!

Here's they are!
I'm pretty good with "GUI's"! (http://www.mediafire.com/file/1wmjg49vatx2yvj/trongrid11.a2w) :D
This is a "GUI" menu test I made after making a spelling bee game (with a similar interface) for a school science fair. (That spelling bee game won 1st place in the computer division BTW)

Why I don't make FPS's anymore (http://www.mediafire.com/file/0qfskq8vakn3ft9/quack%20-%20Copy.a2w)
I have actually made no less than 6 attempts at making a FPS game. None of them really stuck. FPS games were too big in scale for me to try to create. Anyway, here's one of them! (The file name was originally called "quake" because the weapons being placed in a "quake-like perspective". Over time, I ended up calling it "quack" :D)

Combat Knife - A Previous FPS Experiment (http://www.mediafire.com/file/ayhk3a7hai5v4x1/knife.a2w)
At one time, during my "FPS phase" I wanted to make a bunch of FPS elements. Just to see if I could :D (I think...?)! For this experiment, I wanted to make a knife with realistic animations (as far as Alice goes... :D) There's some interesting animations in this world! (This experiment was inspired by Counter-Strike)

Dual Pistols - A Previous FPS Experiment (http://www.mediafire.com/file/z0x2rc98b48fh6z/dualpistol.a2w)
At one time, during my "FPS phase" I wanted to make a bunch of FPS elements. Just to see if I could :D (I think...?)! For this experiment, I wanted to make dual pistols in Alice. I still love the animations and sounds of this! (This experiment was inspired by Left 4 Dead)

Realistic Hands, Fast Sounds, and a better working Revolver - A Past Experiment (http://www.mediafire.com/file/5xak6gar5kw7de1/realistichand2.a2w)
At one time, during my "FPS phase" I wanted to make a bunch of FPS elements. Just to see if I could :D (I think...?)!
This experiment was made 2 months after the dual pistol experiment and combined a number of things that I learned. This world contains:
-a minor weapon switching system
-Realistic hands
-fast firing sound code (which I still use today!)

=========To use this world============
-Use 1 and 2 to switch to your hands and the revolver (respectively)
-Click on the screen to shoot while holding the revolver
-R to reload the revolver
-Hold Space to reach for things (reach for the tennis racket!)
-Hold the left click button to turn and use W to move around
==================================
Lots of interesting things in this world

An Ancient Idea for a Sky Warrior Game (http://www.mediafire.com/file/3b9sfcvpy6yqi1h/fighter_sequel_I.a2w)
Long ago, after making Sky Warrior (the remade one), I thought about making a sequel. I thought I could make a truly Seven Force-like enemy. One boss that actually consists of multiple bosses. I think I called it Orb Force.

This boss has two forms (neither harms you). The first is Human Force (inspired by Soldier Force) who can run across the water and do a flying kick at you. The second is Virus Force, which uploads a virus to your ship's computer. In gameplay terms, it makes you go really slowly.

The ship currently fires what I think is a precursor to the Sword Force (which is currently being used as a "debug tool")

Controls are the same as my other Sky Warrior games (Arrows Key to Move, Space to Shoot).

The Marginally Educational Game (http://www.mediafire.com/file/oyglw36jgloh8eu/fireknightIV.a2w)
Some time ago (March 2011, if my computer is to be believed), I did an experiment where I would combine the entertainment of video games with education. A fun educational game, basically. I eventually lost interest in the project before it was anywhere near completion, though it seems interesting now that I look back at it.

This part of the game involved "The Infactor" (I think that's what I named it), a giant floating knight, firing letters at the player in a destroyed city covered in lava. It looks pretty good for the time when I made it :D

For maximum immersion: listen to this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RirrfF0bORA) while playing!
======Controls================
Arrow Keys ------- Move
1 ---------------- Dramatic Camera Spin around the Infactor
2 ---------------- Infactor Letter Shoot
3 ---------------- Kill the Infactor
============================

I think I might revive this old thing...

zero00
06-24-2011, 12:39 AM
I've added more worlds to the thread! I think these are some interesting world here!

jediaction
06-30-2011, 04:20 PM
I never saw this thred. But Just upload to wikisend. There are to many links attached to the realistic one.

arty-fishL
06-30-2011, 04:32 PM
I never saw this thred. But Just upload to wikisend. There are to many links attached to the realistic one.What are you talking about? There's one link for the realistic one and its Mediafire, which is more reliable than Wikisend.

jediaction
06-30-2011, 09:02 PM
It didn't work for me. I will try again tommorow. Sorry.

Deidara1BG
07-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Why did you quit?You made some great stuff!Especially the double pistols!The reloading animation totally looks like the one in counter strike.Great worlds!

zero00
07-10-2011, 12:02 AM
I stopped making these because it was too difficult for me to create a good FPS game in Alice. I've tried making an FPS world in Alice at least 6 times. They never turned out well. That's one of the reasons why I decided to make space shooter games.

jediaction
07-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Your Sky warrior game is your best. Thats your talent! Those types of games are your best bet. Use Artys world loader tool to load the different stages. That is innovative!!!!

zero00
07-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I thought about using the World Loader (haven't used it yet, though). I am a bit concerned about Alice's memory issue. Loading large worlds like Sky Warrior levels one after the other could cause Alice to crash due to a lack of memory (or something like that).

I have thought about using a sort of "Hub World". Using a small cheap world consisting of a menu and unlock further levels as you go along. It might work that way :D

arty-fishL
07-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I thought about using the World Loader (haven't used it yet, though). I am a bit concerned about Alice's memory issue. Loading large worlds like Sky Warrior levels one after the other could cause Alice to crash due to a lack of memory (or something like that).

I have thought about using a sort of "Hub World". Using a small cheap world consisting of a menu and unlock further levels as you go along. It might work that way :DIt shouldn't crash, I have tested it with Jedi's Halo games and they managed to load fine (extremely large files).

jediaction
07-10-2011, 03:46 PM

I have thought about using a sort of "Hub World". Using a small cheap world consisting of a menu and unlock further levels as you go along. It might work that way :D

What arty said. We have tested it already. You should just try it anyway.

zero00
07-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Can you post the worlds where you've used the world linker?

x2495iiii
07-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I stopped making these because it was too difficult for me to create a good FPS game in Alice. I've tried making an FPS world in Alice at least 6 times. They never turned out well. That's one of the reasons why I decided to make space shooter games.

True dat.

At least you tried, though. That's commendable.

zero00
07-15-2011, 04:18 AM
I have added a new world to this thread! :D

zero00
08-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I have added a new world to this thread! :D

Nighthawk0973
08-20-2011, 11:28 AM
haha! Jedi I figured out what you were talking about in our PM! World Loader! Welp so much for it being a suprise, now I'm really exited wouldn't that cutdown the lag to a degree?