PDA

View Full Version : The Impossible Course!

InsertName
07-10-2011, 01:44 PM
This game is based off of two games : 1. Dodge Ball 2, 2. The world's hardest game (2, 3, ect.)

I'm going to fix up the walls it v0.3, but for now it is v0.2.

This game is meant to be FRUSTRATINGLY HARD!!!

If you can beat it, I'll be impressed.
I have Beaten Lvl 1, 2, and 3 in segments (mostly) so it is possible.

Post your times here!

arrow keys to move

play v0.21

v0.2 has a faulty trap

legolizard
07-10-2011, 02:40 PM
Very nice game. Now I did not say it was infuriating mainly because I don't get angry very easily and as you have said it is "possible," but still great game.;)

ElectricKirby
07-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Very nice game. I found it very difficult in fact very simiar to this game in difficulty:http://www.addictinggames.com/arcade-games/worldshardestgame2.jsp

Now I did not say it was infuriating mainly because I don't get angry very easily and as you have said it is "possible," but still great game.;)

I do not like that game you posted. Most specifically because I cannot get past the tutorial............... DX<

DensetsuNoKaboom
07-10-2011, 05:31 PM
The pain, the bleeding! (K

jediaction
07-10-2011, 08:57 PM
If it is cheap, then I won't play it...trying it now....

Super hard. I liked it and could review it, but it needs sounds and stuff. You should make it play a little sound everytime you die, plus, make the collision detection a little easier. Btw, look at my time, lol...

legolizard
07-10-2011, 09:15 PM
I do not like that game you posted. Most specifically because I cannot get past the tutorial............... DX<

Yeah I understand. I have actually only beaten the game once and I had a tutorial open and ended with I believe a little over 25,000 "deaths."(I was overwhelmingly bored at the time.)

Back, super cheap and clunky...but...the picture says it all.

He said that there were bugs and that he would fix them when he got to it, you do not need to call Insertname's game (hey that rhymes(sort of)) "super cheap."

ElectricKirby
07-10-2011, 09:25 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2071bur.png
Pure words do not describe my anger, so.........

http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu255/Blahshi/68241_RAEG.jpg
http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af327/museofepics/The%20essentials/orig-10126861.png
FEEL MY RAEG

lol@Time =D

Mr Kidnapper
07-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Fastest times without deaths: *This was done legitimately.
Easy - 8 "seconds"
Hard-
Impossible -

Fastest inhuman possible times without deaths: *This means with a slowed world speed modifier.
Easy - 8 "Seconds"
Hard - 58 subtracted by 50 "Seconds"
Impossible - 12 "Seconds"

Bugs:
In Hard, there is a collision detection problem. It is the (second to, depending on how you think of it) last 90 turn before reaching the exit. Right before the rotating squares, there is a strange invisible box that you bounce off of, which almost always lead to deaths.
Hard and Impossible mode increment 50 seconds, and 50 more seconds respectively.
When moving on from Hard to Impossible, it will often jump to Easy and none of the boxes will move at all.

Suggestions:
You probably should get rid of bouncing. I would consider it in the category of unintended player actions. Bug? A feature!
Add a delay time between death and player movement. When you die, your movement will be carried over if you do not add this delay. It will often cause more deaths than properly earned. I would consider this a bug under unintended player actions.
Make the Deaths number variable be read as an integer to get rid of that annoying decimal.
Make seconds an integer as well, else have it increment properly as to detect those numbers past the decimal point.
Have the map layout computerized to spawn upon pressing "Play." This means that instead of you placing the boxes haphazardly as well as arbitrarily, it will prevent unintended collisions with the wall. The walls will look nice and straight.
Edit: This is how I roll.
http://i55.tinypic.com/2cet3jk.png
I bounced through the corners in the walls to get outside. Lol. Also, by placing the ball outside of the course beforehand, you can complete easy in 7 seconds.

shaydon
07-11-2011, 12:07 AM
No words can describe how annoying this game is

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

InsertName
07-11-2011, 09:50 AM
I am trying to figure out how to stop the annoying bouncing by just making the whole game with less than 20 walls not blocks, but I'm strugling with that. Oh yeah you can go through the walls somtimes. There is a fake red block in lvl 2. hint hint. I'll make it look better, this was just a start.

jediaction
07-11-2011, 11:28 AM
Saw my time? Level 3 isn't even done

jediaction
07-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Not really. How?

legolizard
07-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Sorry my Internet is really bad and to improve it I disabled images and instead of seeing a picture I see a box, but I turned it on for a moment and understand what you were talking about now.
Edit: Now I can view all images as long as they are on this website.

beachbum111111
07-11-2011, 03:23 PM
If it is stupidly cheap, then I won't play it...trying it now....

Back, super cheap and clunky...but...the picture says it all

Jedi thats rude. This is fun.

jediaction
07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Yah, your right. Sorry about that, I was feeling sick at the moment..seriously. I'll change it to my real opinion. Change your quote to, or just get rid of it.:)

InsertName
07-12-2011, 10:13 AM
All right guys to make this look way better, I would like some one to explain how to make one box, not a series of blocks as a wall that will:
1. Make it more straight forward.
2. For less annoying "bounces".

I know a few examples on this on the forums.

legolizard
07-12-2011, 10:23 AM
The only way I think you can do that is by taking the block, going into your start-up method and adding a resize method. Then click more then go to dimension and you will see from top to bottom.

InsertName
07-12-2011, 10:50 AM
I already know how to do that. What I would like someone to explain how to make ONE box/block to resize, and then (this is what I need) to say how to make it so no matter how long it is it can't go through the long wall.

I hope this clears it up.

InsertName
08-09-2011, 06:16 PM
*bump* Thinking about making IC2 (Impossible Course 2), but in this one there is just going to be one huge maze with check points and increasing difficulty instead of 3 levels. What do you guys think?:confused:

DensetsuNoKaboom
08-09-2011, 06:29 PM
*bump* Thinking about making IC2 (Impossible Course 2), but in this one there is just going to be one huge maze with check points and increasing difficulty instead of 3 levels. What do you guys think?:confused:

Sure. That sounds cool! Sequels are good. (Alice game sequels, anyways...)

InsertName
08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
heh heh, I see what you did there.

fourbros
01-11-2012, 09:27 PM
check it out.

fourbros
01-11-2012, 09:28 PM
check it out.

that was level three

fourbros
01-12-2012, 10:37 PM
that was level three

haha just kidding i cheated:p:p

InsertName
01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
yup, but this is a little old so, yeah.

p.s I'm back, sorry for the delay but my computer went out for 4 days, and then I was booked for the weekend so I couldn't get anything done.