PDA

View Full Version : Laser Object

ElectricKirby
07-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Here is an laser object. I actually have not seen a single one on this forum at all. I would have expected at least one. It comes with a method and it's own Sound Effect.

sfunk
07-20-2011, 04:55 PM
just a small suggestion, but could you put pictures up along with your objects? so people know what it looks like before downloading

EDIT: and I did have a laser pointer for a gun I had, it was used to detect collision, sort of like resident evil 4 and up

sfunk
07-20-2011, 04:59 PM
That was a pretty cool setup you had to display your object though, and the sound reminded me of like space invaders or something haha

ElectricKirby
07-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Well, I can't really take a picture of it.... It's a long, thin cylinder that is divided into 6 subparts. It shoots by making the subparts visible, and the previous invisible.

sfunk
07-20-2011, 05:05 PM
well there are many ways to make a lazer, you could just use a normal cylinder alice uses and when ever you shoot it or want a laser effect just have it resize as rubber "true" and it gives that effect

ElectricKirby
07-20-2011, 05:35 PM
Yeah, but that one is more like a lightsaber effect that a laser for a laser gun laser.

sfunk
07-20-2011, 06:10 PM
I guess, all you have to do is change the opacity to about .7, then have it move forward which gives the affect of a laser instead worrying about having the object moving forawrd along with making it switch between each subpart showing