PDA

View Full Version : Objects can move through objects

simsman2011
07-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Any object can penetrate and move through any other object like buildings, even when playing the world.......
If this is normal how to disable it?

arty-fishL
07-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Any object can penetrate and move through any other object like buildings, even when playing the world.......
If this is normal how to disable it?This is not a bug. This is meant to happen. If you want them to collide then you must program the collision detection yourself to define how they collide. I'm sure another member can help on collision detection.

Dj Tech42
07-29-2011, 10:12 PM
How do you do cubic collision detection? I've only figured out spherical detection.

Within ... meters seems to be spherical

zero00
07-29-2011, 10:20 PM
In my Sky Warrior games, I think I've used something like that. :D

I used:
if "Player distance to the left of wall > x" and "Player distance to the right of wall < x"

Or something like that... See if that works for you.

Dj Tech42
07-29-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks! My Alice doesn't work right now, but I can see how that would work. Brilliant idea!

You could probably create 4 squares and make events for distance left, right, front of, and behind of.

Thanks for the help!

gitter
10-03-2011, 12:21 AM
I am a game maniac and Alice is one of my favorite video game. I too have the same issue that all those objects in the game can move through other objects without colliding each other. I think it’s not an issue, and it can be adjusted by changing something in the settings. But I am not sure about what changes to be done in the game setting to disable it. Does this company use dynamics crm (http://www.sonomapartners.com/) to keep track of its customers? The game is very much enjoyable even with this issue and so I am not concern about it. I still keep playing it.

TauTrumpsPi
10-03-2011, 10:58 AM
I am a game maniac and Alice is one of my favorite video game. I too have the same issue that all those objects in the game can move through other objects without colliding each other. I think itís not an issue, and it can be adjusted by changing something in the settings. But I am not sure about what changes to be done in the game setting to disable it. The game is very much enjoyable even with this issue and so I am not concern about it. I still keep playing it.

Alice is not a video game, it is a programming engine meant to teach Java in a fun, non-syntax way.

There is nothing you can change in the settings to prevent objects from colliding because you can't do that in real programming. You must program the collision detection yourself.