PDA

View Full Version : Dodge!

InsertName
09-13-2011, 06:13 PM
You might have known this was coming, But here it is!

Dodge!
http://www.alice.org/community/picture.php?albumid=104&pictureid=590
Use the arrow keys and Dodge the bullets, and objects that get in the way as you go on! Try to stay alive for as long as you can! (post your scores for each game respectively)

3 different games:
Regular Mode: The Original game with all the powerups and Ascending difficulty
Intense Survival: Start at the hardest difficulty and try to survive for as long as you can with no Items to help you!(2x score at the end!)
Countdown Rush: Try to stay alive for 100 seconds at the hardest difficulty. (has items but no score)

There are also items to help you stay alive

Grab a Blue brick to become invincible
Grab a Red brick to have a speed boost when you move
Grab a Yellow brick to add seconds (or subtract seconds if you are doing Countdown Rush) to your time
Grab a Green brick to slow down time

*All powerups (except yellow) wear off after some time.*

There is also Achievements to get if you do something Awesome!

Dodge Master: Survive in regular mode for 200 seconds!
Last Gasp: Survive for an additional 100 seconds after you only have one life left!
And More!
(and a restart so you can actually see your awards in the Achievements menu.)

Post your scores on this thread if you want.

All scores are for v1.3 and v1.2 (v.12 is harder) are ok

notes:
this is my first real game since Alice Clash
v1.3 out

DensetsuNoKaboom
09-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I like it. It's quite hard though. It looks like it could be fun to mod...

InsertName
09-15-2011, 06:30 PM
I like it. It's quite hard though. It looks like it could be fun to mod...

Belive me! Originally the bullets would go 2.25 instead of 2.75, and 1.25 instead of 1.75 later on.

I'll make it a little easier making the balls and obstacles go slower in the next version. (I could barely make it to 2 minutes myself:p)

GameKid
09-15-2011, 09:53 PM
This is a fun challenge! It's quite addicting.
I'll post a score when I have one that's not too embarassing. :o
>^< >^< >^< >^< (Four stars)

arty-fishL
09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
This is a fun challenge! It's quite addicting.
I'll post a score when I have one that's not too embarassing. :o
>^< >^< >^< >^< (Four stars)I agree, fun and well made (couldnt find any glitches), I also have the same reason not to post a score yet

InsertName
09-16-2011, 03:18 PM
In the next version I'll make it easier with added effects and details.

p.s. if anybody could add some sound to this game. my computer won't let me put sound in alice (it crashes) :(

InsertName
09-16-2011, 04:31 PM
v1.3 out

GameKid
09-17-2011, 11:30 PM
Sixty is my best.
I suck at this...
Edit: By the way, how did you make the event "While -Insert key here- is typed"? I'm trying to make a fighting game, and the walk keeps backing up.

InsertName
09-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Edit: By the way, how did you make the event "While -Insert key here- is typed"? I'm trying to make a fighting game, and the walk keeps backing up.
Make a "when key is typed" and then right click it and then choose "while key is pressed"

GameKid
09-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Thanks.
:)

jediaction
09-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Feedback...

Pros:

Different Modes
Fun Challenge
Power Ups

Cons:

Repetitive
Annoying walls

Overall

80/100 by Chrome Games
GOOD

It was fun. I appreciate the different game modes. The gameplay is very solid also. What I found funny, is if you just move left and right when the balls shoot, they will never hit you...even when the objects fall. The achievements are not done yet, but that is ok. I had enough fun with the three game modes. The power ups are also a very good feature to the game and keep it entertaining for a long while. I didn't like the fact that if you hit the wall, you lose a life. It would of been nicer to see a solid Collision system from Zonedabone or another collision expert. There were no sounds, but it kept the file size low. I did find all the game modes very repetitive though, becuase the turrets never change and they always shoot the same bullets at you. Overall, this game is fun and is definatly worth the download.

InsertName
09-19-2011, 03:41 PM
Feedback...

Pros:

Different Modes
Fun Challenge
Power Ups

Cons:

Repetitive
Annoying walls

Overall

80/100 by Chrome Games
GOOD

It was fun. I appreciate the different game modes. The gameplay is very solid also. What I found funny, is if you just move left and right when the balls shoot, they will never hit you...even when the objects fall. The achievements are not done yet, but that is ok. I had enough fun with the three game modes. The power ups are also a very good feature to the game and keep it entertaining for a long while. I didn't like the fact that if you hit the wall, you lose a life. It would of been nicer to see a solid Collision system from Zonedabone or another collision expert. There were no sounds, but it kept the file size low. I did find all the game modes very repetitive though, becuase the turrets never change and they always shoot the same bullets at you. Overall, this game is fun and is definatly worth the download.

Two things:

What do you mean the acheivment aren't done yet? there are 6 on the acheivments page*
if you want me to list them it would be okay, but i dunno if people just want to find them for themselves

Yeah, Alice on my cpu will not let me have sound, i tryed, but it died.

(edit) if I fixed those things , would you update the review?

GameKid
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
This thread does not deserve to die. Especially as it is such a great game. Bump.