PDA

View Full Version : Snack Defender!

GameKid
10-05-2011, 09:15 PM
You're an ant, and you just found a cookie. Now, those darned beetles are trying to take it for themselves! Defend your newly found treasure until your ant buddies get to where you are.
The controls are simple. Just click on the beetles to smash them. When a beetle reaches the cookie, that beetle eats it and you lose the game. Keep the beetles from eating the cookie for two minuites and you win!
http://i55.tinypic.com/avh3ia.png
Snack defender: Basic, straight-up holding off hordes of beetles for two minuites. Download this if you want compact file size.
Snack defender beta: Regular snack defender, now with beetle tanks, hiding beetles and slower regular beetles.
Note: This game is not high in features, but I am planning to add some. If you want to suggest one, just post your suggestion here.

arty-fishL
10-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Its a good start, add different types of bugs and a point system, whereby different bugs score different points.

GameKid
10-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Arty, I already tried adding a beetle that rides on a moth and to the cookie, but it got trashed by a mean queen error. The point system is a good idea, although it would probably make the file size pretty huge, with all those 3D text objects, unless there's a way to make it's text change.
Oh, and by the way, this isn't my start. I've created hugely complicated games and spent weeks, just to be ruined by a mean queen bug. Not to mention all the texturing. Then, I had the idea to make a game that's as simple as a hot dog bun, and it probably won't get ruined by an error.
Thanks for posting, too.

GameKid
10-10-2011, 10:56 PM
I just finished beta, and added three changes. I added beetle tanks, which you have to click twice to defeat, hiding beetles that dissapear and reappear, and slowed down the regular beetles a bit.
I didn't add a point system, though I'm planning to add one.
Have fun, my fellow ants! :)

InsertName
10-11-2011, 12:41 PM
You mean making text change what it says, there's been tutorials on that already.

GameKid
10-11-2011, 02:01 PM
There is? Could you give me a link to one?

InsertName
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=6672

GameKid
10-11-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks, insert, I'll add the point system when the next version is released. :)

GameKid
10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
I added beetle tanks, which you have to click twice to defea
http://www.ringtonesonline.net/jh.jpghttp://www.ringtonesonline.net/ht.jpg
http://www.ringtonesonline.net/az.jpghttp://www.ywseo.net/uk.jpg
Plagiarism! It was obviously I that added the beetle tanks. Don't try to steal someone else's work. :mad:
Oh. And if you're a bot, this is really awkward.
I just squashed a bug where tanks and hiding beetles start spawning even if you already won. Sorry, folks. You'll have to redownload if you got SD beta.

x2495iiii
10-17-2011, 10:22 AM
It's a bot. His images are links to obscure hosting sites. Clever.

And banned.

InsertName
10-17-2011, 06:00 PM
lol

GameKid
10-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Thanks, X.
And, to everyone else, in white text are some spoilers to the game's future. Select the text with the mouse, or don't, if you want to keep it a suprise.
Friendly fighterplane strikes with gatling guns, see in the logo.
Beetle bikers that are fast, again, as in the logo.
Beetle jeeps that are fast, but require two clicks, like the beetle tank.
Three seperate missions to complete.

Keep watching the thread for the new version if you're interested in anything above.
Edit: I just thought that you're going to get the excact same amount of points when the game ends, because there are no limits to the beetle's spawns. Sorry, but I'll have to cancel adding the point system.

GameKid
11-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Bump...

GameKid
12-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Gee! People keep looking at my name and making assumptions about the games I make. I wish this forum had name changes.
You can have your fps's, but I'm still going to bump.

DensetsuNoKaboom
12-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Gee! People keep looking at my name and making assumptions about the games I make.

What.

GameKid
12-09-2011, 12:22 AM
GameKid. When they see that, all they think of is to try to screw with my mind. They don't bother playing my games because, judging by my childhood, I am not good at making them.

laurieds
05-09-2012, 01:07 AM
I really do want to play your games but my computer didn't know what to do with the downloaded file. I am very new to Alice and have had no chance to learn about it yet. But you and your games interest me.

TauTrumpsPi
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I really do want to play your games but my computer didn't know what to do with the downloaded file. I am very new to Alice and have had no chance to learn about it yet. But you and your games interest me.

You need to open it from within Alice - computers don't recognize Alice's open command, and therefore you need to open Alice and find the file from within there.

arty-fishL
05-09-2012, 10:55 AM
You need to open it from within Alice - computers don't recognize Alice's open command, and therefore you need to open Alice and find the file from within there.Actually you can associate a2w files with Alice.

If a2ws are already associated with a program choose "Open with..." from the right click context menu and then click the "Browse" button.
Otherwise (if "Open with..." is not an option) choose "open" and then "select a program from a list of installed programs"

Locate the Alice exe and select it.

Now when you double click an Alice world file it will open Alice and then open the world.

TauTrumpsPi
05-09-2012, 04:29 PM
Actually you can associate a2w files with Alice.

If a2ws are already associated with a program choose "Open with..." from the right click context menu and then click the "Browse" button.
Otherwise (if "Open with..." is not an option) choose "open" and then "select a program from a list of installed programs"

Locate the Alice exe and select it.

Now when you double click an Alice world file it will open Alice and then open the world.

Hmm, that's never worked for me... I guess it may just be Vista, but I'll try it again.