PDA

View Full Version : Help

aliceisgay
10-18-2011, 06:35 PM
I need lots of help making a chess game, need to somehow make peices that can only move a certain way , is this possible?

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-18-2011, 08:35 PM
I need lots of help making a chess game, need to somehow make peices that can only move a certain way , is this possible?

Yes.

Get rid of that username and location. It's for your own good.

x2495iiii
10-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes.

Get rid of that username and location. It's for your own good.

That.

Also, funny stuff, DnK.

DensetsuNoKaboom
10-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I couldn't resist saying that.

Have you tried doing the world yourself? If so, and it's failed, upload your world, and we'll check it out. If not, DO IT NOW.

aliceisgay
10-19-2011, 04:56 PM
I couldn't resist saying that.

Have you tried doing the world yourself? If so, and it's failed, upload your world, and we'll check it out. If not, DO IT NOW.

I just need help with the coding for making the pieces only move a certain way.

AND i love my name:D

x2495iiii
10-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Exactly what aspect of the coding do you need help with? There's a lot of stuff involved in making a chess game, it can't just be broken down into a few simple steps like Easy Mac.

Why don't you start by making a world with a chessboard and some chess piece models. If you can't find chess piece models, use some of the other models in the gallery (I think monster chess could be cool). Then, when the physical aspect's done, work on the control scheme (HINT: You'll need an event, the blue things on the top-right of the screen).

Also I don't think users can change their names. Admins might be able to, but I certainly can't. I can ban guys with offensive usernames, though.

Like yours.

aliceisgay
10-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Im talking about like making the pawns only move 1 space, knights can only move in an L shape, likewise.

And i didnt make this account my friend made it and gave it to me,so.........

InsertName
10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Making a chess program is imensly hard to do if you want to make a function in one with all the rules. Especially a checkmate detector. In fact if sombody made a computer that could accually play and checkmate. They sould earn the nobel peace prize or somthing.

But just making a board where you can move the peices and take a peice should not be to difficult.

x2495iiii
10-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Im talking about like making the pawns only move 1 space, knights can only move in an L shape, likewise.

And i didnt make this account my friend made it and gave it to me,so.........

Like I said, you'll need an event.

I suggest using a "when the mouse is clicked" event, then passing the object under the mouse cursor in as an object parameter, then using a method to determine what piece was clicked, where that piece is, and from there, what moves can be made using that piece.

They key is that you need to know what piece was clicked and where that piece is first before you can know where the piece can be moved.

Can you do that?

And friend's account or not, your name is still a violation of the Terms of Use of the forums and will be banned, I just don't want to do that until you've got the help you need.

aliceisgay
10-31-2011, 11:34 AM
PS.
I never got banned:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

x2495iiii
10-31-2011, 04:32 PM
You never got the help you needed.

Guess you don't need it anymore.

Bye.

DensetsuNoKaboom
11-01-2011, 07:09 AM
ps.
I never got banned:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

epic failure.

arty-fishL
11-01-2011, 01:55 PM
PS.
I never got banned:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You never got the help you needed.

Guess you don't need it anymore.

Bye.lol

room14
11-02-2011, 03:29 AM
can't you change the name to something?

I feel sorry because he didn't get the help he needed. But rules are rules.

x2495iiii
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM
I can't.

Don't think he can, not that he wanted to.

Pretty sure if anyone can do it, it'd be the admins, but I don't even know if they can.

DensetsuNoKaboom
11-02-2011, 06:11 PM
http://alice.org/community/member.php?u=22804
http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?t=7487

I think that when he said his friend chose his username he was lying.

Also, where exactly do all these "multiple registrant" topics go?

x2495iiii
11-02-2011, 08:01 PM
To the mod thread.

Also, new accounts made from the same computer (or the same network) as a banned account get automatically banned.

I wouldn't want him pretending to be me, which is what it looks like he was trying to do, so bullet dodged.

Not an overly bright kid, there.

room14
11-03-2011, 03:47 AM
what if someone made an account called x24954?
assuming that the four "i"s is for representing 4.