PDA

View Full Version : Paper Mario rpg

sfunk
10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
something I started messing around with since i'm giving alice a try again, might not end up finished but here is a little teaser picture of how it will look for the most part. this isn't meant to be a super serious thing, just more of a little refresher course to myself and see if I still have something left to make it decent. so here is the picture

*Updates*

-Demo is very close to being finished, this should turn out to be pretty fun once it is completely done

jediaction
10-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Love it! I can't wait to review it. Btw, I hope the background moves in a nice illusion effect to make it look like the background is actually moving. I cant' describe it, I'm to tired, but....I'm hoping for the best.

sfunk
10-26-2011, 09:51 AM
thanks jedi, and I am pretty sure I know what you mean about the background

arty-fishL
10-26-2011, 03:33 PM
That looks like a fun game :)

David B
10-26-2011, 03:54 PM
Yes it does...

InsertName
10-27-2011, 06:52 PM
Looks awesome

sfunk
10-28-2011, 01:35 PM
New photo added, the start up screen picture

sfunk
11-05-2011, 03:51 AM
I posted the Demo of this game in the share worlds section of the forums, there are two download links, one has sound and the other does not, thats why the file size difference is so great. anywas, it would be nice to get some feedback on it to see if any one would be interested in a finished game, if not i'll just abondened it since working a full time job plus some recent injuries cause me to not have much time to devote to this

InsertName
11-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I thought the demo was a little short. and I barely knowanything about paper mario, I though it was just like regular mario but you had a heath bar. I would certainly like a full version.

sfunk
11-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I thought the demo was a little short. and I barely knowanything about paper mario, I though it was just like regular mario but you had a heath bar. I would certainly like a full version.

Well being a demo will cause it to be short haha, but paper mario on the nintendo 64 was set up as an rpg, unlike the super paper mario they have for the Wii which is like the original mario, but that is why I called it Paper Mario rpg so people wouldn't get confused or be able to complain about it not being like the original mario

Powerhouse64
11-05-2011, 03:36 PM
Love it! I can't wait to review it. Btw, I hope the background moves in a nice illusion effect to make it look like the background is actually moving. I cant' describe it, I'm to tired, but....I'm hoping for the best.

I haven't tried the demo yet, so I don't know if this has been implemented, but an easy way to make scrolling backgrounds in Alice is to create multiple billboards of the background, then have them move in whatever direction when the character moves, and have them move to a point on the opposite side of the screen in zero seconds and begin scrolling again, so that the background moves without having to insert a billboard that is an entire level length long.