PDA

View Full Version : Can't Open Alice World - "IllegalNameValueException"

Habstinat
11-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Here is the error in question, which I recieve after attempting to open the world:
Unable to load world

Alice version: 2.2 09/10/2010

Throwable that caused the error:

edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.IllegalNameValueExcep tion: Unfortunately, something else in this world is already named "index," so you can't use that name here.

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.checkForNameC ollision(Element.java:218)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.internalSetPa rent(Element.java:677)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.insertChildAt (Element.java:1047)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.addChild(Elem ent.java:1055)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.setParent(Ele ment.java:638)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.response.LoopNInOrder .loadCompleted(LoopNInOrder.java:59)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.loadCompleted (Element.java:1426)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.core.Element.load(Element. java:1551)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.alice.authoringtool.dialog.LoadE lementProgressPane.construct(LoadElementProgressPa ne.java:37)

at edu.cmu.cs.stage3.progress.ProgressPane$2.run(Prog ressPane.java:84)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The world is fairly simple and seemed to have saved without error the last time I opened it. The world file is attatched to this post. Any ideas as to why this is happening or what I could do to fix this? Thanks in advance for any help.

x2495iiii
11-29-2011, 10:56 AM
The file has likely been corrupted. I can't fix it, Dennis might be able to, though.

If possible, I recommend you restart from a backup.

Mr Kidnapper
12-01-2011, 03:13 AM
The error is caused by a faulty method. We need to remove it and edit the elementData.xmls to appropriate that removal.
It's usually the last method you worked with.
Done. An error will pop up when you first load it. When it says to "Set all values to none," just press Yes to proceed. It doesn't matter.

arty-fishL
12-01-2011, 04:28 AM
The error is caused by a faulty method. We need to remove it and edit the elementData.xmls to appropriate that removal.
It's usually the last method you worked with.
Done. An error will pop up when you first load it. When it says to "Set all values to none," just press Yes to proceed. It doesn't matter.Cool, so you know how to fix things like this? Well done http://www.alice.org/community/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Mr Kidnapper
12-01-2011, 12:10 PM
I learned how when I had to use hax to add spotlights to my VTOL. I'm probably going to add them to the B17 as well.