PDA

View Full Version : FPS Tutorial Progress

Mr Kidnapper
12-17-2011, 10:11 PM
Mr. Kidnapper is in the process of making the materials for the FPS. Now, you know what this means? Mr. Kidnapper himself has never made one. But that won't stop me。www
This is as far as I've gotten with the "Advanced Techniques" in one day.
http://abductioninc.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/fpsdemo.png
Link to Youtube Video 720p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2vlXmOHCjw)
Includes Zoom, Forcing mouse to center of the window, using mouse movement by itself to facilitate rotation of the camera (Like in a real game), and making the cursor invisible.
The video description might seem misleading: Zoom has nothing to do with scripting.
This would not have been possible without Arty-FishL's Air Ace and Mouse Maze Mania.
Note that this obviously works best if people explode the Alice window to most, if not their entire screen.
Now that I have this down, y'know what suddenly became very possible? VTOL flight. But not anytime soon, let me remind you.

Links:
Selective Fire Modes (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45872)
Mouse Control (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=45258)
Mouselock Theory (http://alice.org/community/showthread.php?p=44872)

x2495iiii
12-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Neat.

Keep us posted.

arty-fishL
12-18-2011, 11:11 AM
Cool. I will check out the video in a minute. I have always wanted to make an FPS, but never really been bothered. I did get quite far in one once, but my PC went wrong and I had to reset it :(.

If it wasn't possible without my things, and I never gave you the codes (I meant to), then you must've hacked your way in somehow, that takes effort in itself.

What programs are you using? Some weird web browser, a cool clock and Human Head Mo... ?

Anyway, yeh, as X said - keep us posted.

Mr Kidnapper
12-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Firefox Aurora, Rainmeter, and SMPlayer playing the Human Head Modeling video by Masahiro Ushiyama. I never could figure out how to make a head, though that's probably only because I don't have any 2d reference images.
Mr. Kidnapper comes from a world of hax. Reverse Engineering everything is second nature now.

dakota95
12-18-2011, 04:11 PM
is that mastercheif you are shooting?

arty-fishL
12-18-2011, 04:38 PM
is that mastercheif you are shooting?That makes more sense, I couldn't quite work it out. Master Chief, a gigantic gun, a Guy Fawkes mask and a cool pose.

dakota95
12-18-2011, 05:52 PM
I wasn't aware that mastercheif was japanese, if it is him.

dakota95
12-18-2011, 05:55 PM
That makes more sense, I couldn't quite work it out. Master Chief, a gigantic gun, a Guy Fawkes mask and a cool pose.

I am just assuming its mastercheif because there is a minimized window that says "mastercheif"

jediaction
12-18-2011, 09:01 PM
That's interesting. I was going to do an FPS Tutorial some time, maybe with voice...but I'm busy right now, and it's more than that, but it's a a long story, so...I'll keep up to date with your tutorials and see how they go. Good job so far

Mr Kidnapper
12-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Well, before I do that I must finish the controls for mine first. Don't care much for the levels, but I need to create a working character and then I'll organize my thoughts.

room14
12-18-2011, 11:08 PM
I wasn't aware that mastercheif was japanese, if it is him.

huh?

AliceMaster00
12-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Look closely at the dude he is aiming at. That is mastercheif. He has a mask that looks japaniese. FAIL

dakota95
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
FAIL

who failed, me, or room14?

jediaction
12-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Most people notice that's the Master Chief at first glance, it's not a fail, it's supposed to be him with a mask.

dakota95
12-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Everyone notices that's the Master Chief

EVERYONE? not Arty-FishL.

jediaction
12-19-2011, 03:02 PM
I knew someone would point that out, but I was to lazy to change it...Ok, most people....

x2495iiii
12-19-2011, 03:27 PM
Am I the only one who thinks master chief is a stupid name?

room14
12-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I noticed that, but why Japanese? it looks like Guy Hawkes.

room14
12-19-2011, 04:11 PM

yeah, sounds like master chef.

dakota95
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
yeah, sounds like master chef.

exactly what I say every time my brother plays halo.

sargentnbbranco
12-20-2011, 01:12 PM
Its not even his name, its his rank

jediaction
12-20-2011, 02:02 PM

Even though i'm a huge fan of Halo....I do think it's a bit silly.

Its not even his name, its his rank

His name is John

sargentnbbranco
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
yeah, but its a rank, not a name. his full military identification is Master Chief Petty Officer John 117. It's a real rank in the navy.
EDIT: So, unless your calling all who have the rank and who made it stupid, it's not stupid.

GameKid
12-21-2011, 01:14 PM

Nope. I don't play halo, but whenever I hear master chief, I picture that huge fat-walrus-chef-guy from crash TS.

arty-fishL
12-22-2011, 12:23 PM
So, unless your calling all who have the rank and who made it stupid, it's not stupid.What, all twelve of them? Of course the name of the rank is stupid, not the rank itself, but the name is.

x2495iiii
12-22-2011, 02:01 PM
What, all twelve of them? Of course the name of the rank is stupid, not the rank itself, but the name is.

A winning post.

sargentnbbranco
12-22-2011, 04:51 PM
You know, that gets me annoyed. I mean, that name states who you really are. I mean, your not just a Chief, and your not just a Master. You are so amazing that they had to combine them into one, and henceforth, you are a Master at being a Chief, or a Chief of a Master. You are a Master Chief.
You know what also gets me annoyed? Accents. I just reallized that here in Jersey, we say water as wader. I find it weird how we can't pronounce a T in any of our words. There's Beder, fader, wadder, and hate is had, and hat is hatd.:confused:

Mr Kidnapper
12-24-2011, 12:01 AM
So you say madder chief?

At any the rate, I'd like to see what you guys want done in the FPS Tutorial. Now that I've got calibrationless camera movement I'm confident that we can do anything barring Scaleform.
So far I'm doing selective fire modes. Not that hard.

x2495iiii
12-24-2011, 02:43 AM
I want to see Ganondorf as an enemy.

He's better than Master Chef.

He's got a big sword, but he doesn't even use it, because he's so cool.

And he's got a thing where when he goes to punch you, it turns you all purple and on fire.

Yeah.

jediaction
12-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I want to see Ganondorf as an enemy.
He's got a big sword, but he doesn't even use it, because he's so cool.

in SSBB he uses it...hehe

But I agree, enough Master Chief talk.

dakota95
12-24-2011, 04:03 PM
You know, that gets me annoyed. I mean, that name states who you really are. I mean, your not just a Chief, and your not just a Master. You are so amazing that they had to combine them into one, and henceforth, you are a Master at being a Chief, or a Chief of a Master. You are a Master Chief.

last comment from me on mastercheif:

just like not a moderator but a SUPER moderator

dakota95
12-24-2011, 04:05 PM
So you say madder chief?

At any the rate, I'd like to see what you guys want done in the FPS Tutorial. Now that I've got calibrationless camera movement I'm confident that we can do anything barring Scaleform.
So far I'm doing selective fire modes. Not that hard.

at least you got a lot of views:D

sargentnbbranco
01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
So you say madder chief?

No, we kind of say mas-DER Chief, but ever once in a while you will hear mastder chief of masterd chief.
I would also like to learn how to program selective fire modes. Would an if else statement work i there?

Mr Kidnapper
01-21-2012, 01:24 AM
I didn't see this post. Lol.
How to do Selective Fire:
There's many ways to do many things, but I find that many Alice Users instinctively fire only one shot per click (That's fine.) The way I would do it is the same.
We're going to do a crap ton of assuming in making selective fire. Let's assume you know enough Alice that you'd be able to reverse engineer someone else's code if you took the time. Let's assume that I have built a working shooting method that fires only one round (Single fire). Let's assume that ammunition has been implemented and will stop your gun from firing if the magazine has run out of rounds. Let's assume that I have a number variable "Fire Mode" ranging from 0 to 4. 0 is Safety, 1 is Single Fire, 2 is 2-Burst Fire(Almost no one uses this), 3 is Three-Burst Fire, and 4 is Fully Automatic.
Now any competent gun maker chooses Safety, and two other modes. Sometimes Single and Auto, Single and Semi 3-Burst (for civilians), and 3-Burst and Auto (Common among military guns).
Understand where I'm going with this? That's right, you're going to make the gun loop the firing method as many times as this number variable is. Isn't it amazing how simple that is? But now we need an exclusion don't we—for fully auto. Not hard. Just stick an if/else statement asking if our number variable is 4. If it is, make it fire in an infinite loop. If it isn't, run the standard loop (Based on 0-3).

You stick all of this in an Event that acts during "while the mouse is clicked."
If you do that, then when they continue to hold the mouse while in single or 3-burst, it will not fire, much like in games or real life.

It seems like a simple idea to make the method which switches firing modes. The number variable starts at 0. Let's assume the modes we've chosen are 3-burst and Auto.

if (numberVariable == 0){
numberVariable = 3;
} else if (numberVariable == 3){
numberVariable = 4;
} else if (numberVariable == 4){
numberVariable = 0;
} else {
numberVariable = 0;
}

That's how you do it in Java. This is why you had to know how to reverse engineer someone else's code. But in case you can't, what it does is set it from 0, to 3, then 4, then back to 0. In any other case, say if numberVariable were to be some outlandish number like 5 or -1, we will set it back to 0 so our selective fire method works.
P. S. - This button is usually bound to F.