PDA

View Full Version : Still saving 20 minutes later

TauTrumpsPi
12-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Hey guys

I started saving my world, forgetting that I added a 40 mb sound file that I wasn't even using, and not deleting it. Now, 20 minutes later, it is still saving, stuck on that sound file. It doesn't appear to be frozen. Should I just wait, or restore from my backup an hour ago?

TauTrumpsPi
12-18-2011, 05:11 PM
I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yet

TauTrumpsPi
12-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Never mind it finished.

arty-fishL
12-18-2011, 05:32 PM
I feel like a stalker: Arty, I saw that you were on, looked at your profile, then saw that you were viewing this thread. You'll probably see this after you post. Meanwhile, I keep refreshing to make sure your still viewing and you haven't posted yetNever mind it finished.I got distracted.

Mr Kidnapper
12-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and then save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.

arty-fishL
12-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Large single files take very long times to save in Alice. This is evident when I created the Ocean template world, with the 12MB skydome. If you want to add 5MB+ files into Alice, you should create a very small dummy file in place of the real file and then save. After saving, open the world file as a .ZIP and replace it with the large file. Saving outside of Alice should take you no longer than a few seconds, even with Best Compression on.What a good idea. Seems you know a lot about the a2w files.

jediaction
12-18-2011, 09:03 PM
The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.

dakota95
12-19-2011, 10:00 AM
The way it says what thread your viewing is lagged. I had that happen to, but that person didn't comment until days later..but whatever, moving back to the normal subject.

back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......

jediaction
12-19-2011, 10:57 AM
back to what you said, it is only lagged by 10 - 30 seconds. I've played around with my own account and noticed that it does lag quite a bit, but several days? That's not lag, that is telling the future.

now back to the main subject.......

No no, not days, but several minutes....ok, now back to the main subject.