PDA

View Full Version : Beginning of b-17 game

dakota95
12-20-2011, 02:03 PM
First off I want to thank Mr Kidnapper for the awsome model. This is just the beginning of the game so, nothing fancy.

Controles:
Z - open bombay doors/ switches view to watch bombs drop
B - drops bombs, each individually
W - turns guns, flys airplane
S - dito
A - dito
D - dito
X - fly / take off. ( I havent figured out the acceleration yet so it is a jerk forward)
1 - switch view to pilot
2 - switch view to nose gun
3 - switch view to tail gun
4 - switch view to top gun

I only have these 5 views so far, and am working on more.
total views:5, Pilot, Nose Gun, Tail Gun, Top Gun, and bombay door cam.

Enjoy!
Dakota95

dakota95
12-20-2011, 02:43 PM
If you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post them. This is just the beginning so there isn't much to them.
Also, if you want to make it so that you push one button and all the bombs drop on there own, I made a method that does that. It is called, something like "bomb drop". Just make it so that when B is pressed it does "bomb drop" instead of "bomb drop 2". Also if you fly straight for a few seconds there are some buildings that you can bomb. I haven't posted it yet but I made it so that if one of the bombs hits them then the one that the bomb hits gets covered in flames.

dakota95
12-20-2011, 07:10 PM
No comments thus far?

Mr Kidnapper
12-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Comments: If you start a plane in mid-air you should start it at a speed. To do this, make it Move [forward] at speed that seems acceptable. Probably less than 10 m/s is a good speed for Alice, even though it's unrealistic. Thing is, your speed must be a variable, so you can change it. Then, after they continue to press the acceleration button, you set the variable to equal itself + whatever your rate of acceleration is.
I suggest you make your rate of acceleration small, as well as the duration so they balance out. In Alice, incrementing tends to have problems in terms of limits, for example if I set the acceleration to only work if the speed variable was less than 20, it would often go over 20 and then stop, so you must make the rate of acceleration small so that this gap remains as small as possible.

sargentnbbranco
12-21-2011, 04:27 PM
how do i make bombs simaltaniusly out of the b-17 while space i held?

room14
12-21-2011, 06:47 PM
First off I want to thank Mr Kidnapper for the awsome model. This is just the beginning of the game so, nothing fancy.

Controles:
Z - open bombay doors/ switches view to watch bombs drop
B - drops bombs, each individually
W - turns guns, flys airplane
S - dito
A - dito
D - dito
X - fly / take off. ( I havent figured out the acceleration yet so it is a jerk forward)
1 - switch view to pilot
2 - switch view to nose gun
3 - switch view to tail gun
4 - switch view to top gun

I only have these 5 views so far, and am working on more.
total views:5, Pilot, Nose Gun, Tail Gun, Top Gun, and bombay door cam.

Enjoy!
Dakota95

Hell yeah.

dakota95
12-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Hell yeah.

excuse me, top turret. :D

dakota95
12-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Comments: If you start a plane in mid-air you should start it at a speed. To do this, make it Move [forward] at speed that seems acceptable. Probably less than 10 m/s is a good speed for Alice, even though it's unrealistic. Thing is, your speed must be a variable, so you can change it. Then, after they continue to press the acceleration button, you set the variable to equal itself + whatever your rate of acceleration is.
I suggest you make your rate of acceleration small, as well as the duration so they balance out. In Alice, incrementing tends to have problems in terms of limits, for example if I set the acceleration to only work if the speed variable was less than 20, it would often go over 20 and then stop, so you must make the rate of acceleration small so that this gap remains as small as possible.

could you write out how to make a variable do that step by step?

dakota95
12-21-2011, 08:23 PM
how do i make bombs simaltaniusly out of the b-17 while space i held?

first drag out a when key is pressed, then change it to while key is pressed. Then see how I did my bomb drop method in my game.

sargentnbbranco
12-21-2011, 08:38 PM
first drag out a when key is pressed, then change it to while key is pressed. Then see how I did my bomb drop method in my game.

but i need simultanius drop. i know how to do that. i need while bomb1 is <<>>
from plane, bomb2 move down

TauTrumpsPi
12-22-2011, 07:28 AM
could you write out how to make a variable do that step by step?

Go to World

Go to Properties

Click "New Variable"

Type in the name, and select variable type (boolean = true/false, number is number, etc)

Drag it into the coding to change the value, and to change it by adding something say "Variable set value to Variable +1

sargentnbbranco
12-22-2011, 05:57 PM
While we're on the subject of a B-17G game, I'm trying to create one like in the level Liberators in COD 2 Big Red One. I need it so that there is an inside to the B-17 so i can walk around the plane. Can anyone do this? i know it kinda seems imposible, but can anyone try? PLEAZE?

dakota95
12-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Go to World

Go to Properties

Click "New Variable"

Type in the name, and select variable type (boolean = true/false, number is number, etc)

Drag it into the coding to change the value, and to change it by adding something say "Variable set value to Variable +1

thanks

dakota95
12-24-2011, 07:24 PM
This is the part I dont understand. Can u clarify a little on exactly what I need to do? I got the rest this is just the only one I cannot figure out.

dakota95
12-24-2011, 07:25 PM
While we're on the subject of a B-17G game, I'm trying to create one like in the level Liberators in COD 2 Big Red One. I need it so that there is an inside to the B-17 so i can walk around the plane. Can anyone do this? i know it kinda seems imposible, but can anyone try? PLEAZE?

Mr kidnapper tried to make an interior but it raised the polys to much.

sargentnbbranco
01-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Mr kidnapper tried to make an interior but it raised the polys to much.

ok, can i just scale it up so that i can see the inside. that would work just fine.

dakota95
01-03-2012, 03:38 PM
but i need simultanius drop. i know how to do that. i need while bomb1 is <<>>
from plane, bomb2 move down

have you tried an iff else statement? I don't quite understand your problem, but could you say "if bomb1 is at least 10meters from b-17 then bomb2 move down? Amd do that with every bomb.

sargentnbbranco
01-03-2012, 03:51 PM
have you tried an iff else statement? I don't quite understand your problem, but could you say "if bomb1 is at least 10meters from b-17 then bomb2 move down? Amd do that with every bomb.

yeah, i tried that, but the plane has a big radius. in need it so that it works every time as well, no matter how tilted the plane is.

Mr Kidnapper
01-03-2012, 04:33 PM
When you use "At least # meters away from X object", what it does is measure the absolute distance away from the object's pivot point. The only event that involves radius is when you get the object's height, width, and depth.
I also don't particularly understand what you mean by a simultaneous drop.
Do you want them all to move down all at once?
What you can do is make the bombs move down as seen by the plane, and once it leaves the cargo bay it moves down as seen by the world.

dakota95
01-04-2012, 09:56 AM
ok, can i just scale it up so that i can see the inside. that would work just fine.

mr. Kidnapper posted the b-17 with the interior on the b-17 model request thread.

thank you mr. Kidnapper