PDA

View Full Version : Hand Guns

InsertName
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
All you need to know in the game.

Handguns is a zombie survival game. With lots of weapons and nonstop zombies. See how long you'll survive.
Surprisingly under 10mb, but I hope you'll won't be dissapointed.
Tell me how I did, it will help for future game. Download v2.1, v2.0 is broken.

V1.1 includes
--6 weapons
--5 zombies respawning
--store
--waves (difficulty increasing)
--neverending zombies

V2.1 added
--fixed guns
--fixed glitches
--able to see if hitting
--added range to straight shooting guns such as Machine Gun, and Handgun.
--4 Bosses

here's a few tips off the bat: but double handguns as soon as you can, and shotgun has critical hits when up close.

The bosses are hard to beat, so don't throw your mouse into the computer. I beat them all, so yeah, they are beatable.

p.s. quick turn is A and S

InsertName
01-08-2012, 12:53 PM
now its up

x2495iiii
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Interesting.

I like the weapon selection, and the mechanics seem promising. The concept of invisible weapons is interesting too. Are they mime guns? Are the zombies just hallucinations and his weapons are him fighting to gain his sanity back? The possibilities are many and varied.

I do have a problem with the actual bullet collision. It only seemed to work when I was very close to the zombie. Also, most weapons are weaker than they should be. The shotgun should be a one-hit kill with short range, low ammo, and slow reload. The minigun should be extremely fast and powerful, but slow to start and reload (and maybe so heavy that the character can't run or jump). These are the conventions that people expect when playing FPS games.

In short, a very nice piece of work. Good job so far.

InsertName
01-08-2012, 10:24 PM
like I said a work in progress. It going to be flashy and to the point, Fast paced shooting and survival.
This is the basic mechanics down , I will add technical stuff later on. I always do even if you don't notice it. It's in every game I make.

1 thing about the shotgun the zombies' health and speed increase every lvl (more might show up too). So lets say now speed is 2 seconds to move 3 meters, and health is at 100. in 10 waves the health and speed will double. I dunno if the shotty up close will be one hit KO for crit. what would you say x?

x2495iiii
01-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Shotty up close should be a one hit kill for at least the first five waves or so. Careful not to upgrade the zombies' speed too much, or they'll all be able to just run up and kill the player at the same time before he can do anything about it.

mdemonion
01-11-2012, 02:47 AM
Wow..Nice detail of guns..Good to know that it has 6 weapons..I like the attached file you had shared..

InsertName
01-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Next version going to added on Sat if I can, it will have added a lot more technical addons and some physical addons.

Quick question: Should the zombies have walking animations?

x2495iiii
01-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Your call. It'll mean less zombies onscreen at once, and you'll have to make your own, since zombies don't typically stroll like the built-in walking people do.

InsertName
01-19-2012, 03:56 PM
okay then, not now, but I'll make some death animations. they should be fun :P

InsertName
01-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Handguns V1.1 out now!

InsertName
01-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Feel free to comment on how I did, I would like to know, this took awhile to make.

x2495iiii
01-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Looking very nice so far!

The gameplay is simple, it has goals that keep you playing, the weapon selection is still very nice, the weapon balance is an excellent addition, and the little details (the number change animations, the menu interface, etc) are all very well done.

I still dislike the bullet collision, as it seems like the 3d reticle only gives a general idea of where the bullet is going. Since the bullets are invisible and there is no targeting indicator, I have no idea if my bullets are going to hit the zombie. I found myself favoring the shotgun and just running right up to each one. I also think the minigun is underpowered for its price. I completely support the slow movement, turning, and startup, but it should be a two hit kill for a zombie and have a much longer range.

The minigun also glitched the game when I was using it. I'm not sure why, but you might want to take a look at your code.

The intro screen and instructions were both nicely handled as well, by the way, and all in all, the game is very good.

InsertName
01-25-2012, 07:00 PM
You want weapon buffs, expect zombie buffs. I think the're too slow. The minigun is kinda weak but the spread on the bullets streches the screen wide. I'll make the bullets go farther, and try for a target ing thing of some sort.

x2495iiii
01-25-2012, 08:19 PM
That's another thing that'd help. Some kind of gauge for when the bullets are hitting the zombies. A flinch or an impact mark or a damage indicator above their heads would be nice.

InsertName
02-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Sorry for posting so late but I have a question, Where might I aquire some gun flares, and bullet flashes.(the thing you see coming out of a gun, like a long white line)

Mr Kidnapper
02-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Called muzzle flare. I think you're better off googling it.

x2495iiii
02-19-2012, 01:58 PM
There aren't any 3d muzzle flashes that I know of. I use 2d explosion frames turned to face the camera to simulate muzzle flashes.

You could use some of the fire objects in a cross pattern to make a nice muzzle flash.

dakota95
02-20-2012, 03:20 PM
This makes it a lot easier:D

x2495iiii
02-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah, giant, screenbreaking pics make everything easier.

arty-fishL
02-20-2012, 03:46 PM
Yeah, giant, screenbreaking pics make everything easier.Fits within my browser window, that's with the chrome at the top and bottom, plus the taskbar.

Use imageshack.us to upload images, its fast, easy and it has simple resizing and optimising options.

dakota95
02-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah, giant, screenbreaking pics make everything easier.

:D sorry

sfunk
02-21-2012, 10:09 AM
this was pretty cool, only if the aiming was easier

dakota95
02-21-2012, 03:05 PM
One thing you should add if you make another is a way to tell when the zombies are being hit.

InsertName
02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh yeahs, I forgot to tell you I'm making version 2 of this, that will fix the aiming problem (mostly), and will make it more, lets say. Interesting.

shaydon
02-21-2012, 08:51 PM
Downloading alice 2.2 now, just to try this out =)

GameKid
02-21-2012, 08:53 PM
Glitch found.
If a zombie is really close and I open up the shop, the zombie's arm reaches through the shop GUI. Perhaps you should make the zombies turn invisible once you open up the shop.

Mr Kidnapper
02-21-2012, 09:35 PM
Mr. Kidnapper's solution to GUI was make everything in the scale of microns and put them extremely close to the camera. That way nothing can get in front.

GameKid
02-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Mr. Kidnapper's solution to GUI was make everything in the scale of microns and put them extremely close to the camera. That way nothing can get in front.

Well, yes, I did that with FPT. Not really that small, but as long as the collision detection so the zombies stop moving is a greater distance to the camera than whatever GUI you want, we're safe from the apocalypse reaching through our precious pause window.

InsertName
02-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Easy fix to the pause problem, and more on the way. Hopefully in a few days the next verision will come out.

InsertName
03-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Great News! The second version is almost done!
Additions will include:
Balenced guns
Able to see if your shooting and hitting
The main "queen" glitch when using the Mini, or MG is fixed! (Hopefully, when I looked into it, took something out, it passed the MTK and GC Tests)

BOSSES, four different ones, not saying much about them right now.

Hopefully it will be done between today or tomorrow, if not then Sat if there is CPU problems.

I can just feel the hype for this game, *crickets sounds*, Okay...

x2495iiii
03-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Ooh, hype.

Don't disappoint us, Mr. Name.

InsertName
03-01-2012, 03:52 PM
My standerds are high as of late, I will try not to dissapoint.

InsertName
03-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Sucess! Version 2.0 uploaded

InsertName
03-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Nobody has anything to say? I thought that people would've commented on this.

x2495iiii
03-04-2012, 04:44 PM
My apologies, I downloaded it then got distracted.

I'll shower you with constructive criticism later today. After I'm done with work and exams.

x2495iiii
03-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Okay, here goes:

Still improving, but it's too hard now. Since the zombies can easily sneak up behind you and the cheapest GOOD weapon is the shotgun, which I couldn't get without cheating (nice codes, by the way) some things need to be added.

First, strafing. Turning while moving directly sideways is the best way to evade enemies you can't see. As it stands, when I see my health going down, moving out of danger takes quite some time, and strafing would cut that time considerably.

Second, the collision system. It's nice, but still needs some work. Specifically, it needs to recognize point-blank attacks. Right now, if I'm right in front of the zombie, what should be a sure-shot is registered as a miss.

Third, an auto-fire would be nice. Holding down the fire button means less wear and tear on both my computer and my finger.

keep up the good work, Insertname!

InsertName
03-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Okay, here goes:

Still improving, but it's too hard now. Since the zombies can easily sneak up behind you and the cheapest GOOD weapon is the shotgun, which I couldn't get without cheating (nice codes, by the way) some things need to be added.

First, strafing. Turning while moving directly sideways is the best way to evade enemies you can't see. As it stands, when I see my health going down, moving out of danger takes quite some time, and strafing would cut that time considerably.

Second, the collision system. It's nice, but still needs some work. Specifically, it needs to recognize point-blank attacks. Right now, if I'm right in front of the zombie, what should be a sure-shot is registered as a miss.

Third, an auto-fire would be nice. Holding down the fire button means less wear and tear on both my computer and my finger.

keep up the good work, Insertname!

Thanks for your comment, I really apreciate stuff like this so I can make my games better.

First: strafing: Easy add, I thought about adding it, but for some reason never did.
Second: Collision, extremely easy add. all I have to do is add an extra dummy and put it in the object lists.
Third: auto fire: It might be the only thing that will be a problem. Since some might want it and others do not, and adding all those single shot type guns to the while holding area, and modifing.

Also, I was so dumb to realise that every time you get the next wave. In version 1.1 the zombies slow down, not speed up. So that why it appears harder.