PDA

View Full Version : my first upload

fourbros
01-12-2012, 09:58 PM
this is my first upload. please rate it.

controls
click to fire
w,a,s,d keys to move
1 and 2 to switch between weapons
press R to reload.
Q and E to peer left and right
C and Z to move left and right
hope you like it.

GameKid
01-12-2012, 10:19 PM
It's glitchy. Really, really glitchy. It's good for a start, but you should work a bit longer on it before you release it next time. There was only one enemy, I believe, and I had to hack the world to find him.
But, still, I think you could be onto something with this world.

fourbros
01-12-2012, 10:22 PM
It's glitchy. Really, really glitchy. It's good for a start, but you should work a bit longer on it before you release it next time. There was only one enemy, I believe, and I had to hack the world to find him.
But, still, I think you could be onto something with this world.

well i didnt think that this was a game worth developing any further but now that i have you words of encouragement i think i will make a pretty good game, thanks GameKid.:D:D:D:D:D:D

jediaction
01-13-2012, 05:37 PM
Feedback...

Pros:

Decent Animations
Good Ammo System

Cons:

Broken AI
No Bullet Detection
Glitchy Camera System
Almost No Sounds
No Music

Overall

20/100 by Chrome Games
NEEDS WORK

First thing I'm wondering is, did you look at my Hero's Game for the ammo system. It's pretty much exact. This game is broken. There isn't even a menu or anything. The gun model and animations is the only thing that is decent in this game. The Ammo System does work which is another nice factor to the game, but the AI doesn't do a thing. I'm expecting this game to be updated, which then, I can probably update my review. For now, I will give it a start score.

jediaction
01-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry about the review, I just give an honest opinion. I hope this game is updated...I changed the score summary to something nicer. Sorry about that. It really does stink to have that told to you and I don't mean it, so could everyone edit their quotes to my new review texts?

fourbros
01-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Feedback...

Pros:

Decent Animations
Good Ammo System

Cons:

Broken AI
No Bullet Detection
Glitchy Camera System
Almost No Sounds
No Music

Overall

20/100 by Chrome Games
HIDIOUSLY BAD

First thing I'm wondering is, did you look at my Hero's Game for the ammo system. It's pretty much exact. This game is broken. There isn't even a menu or anything. The gun model and animations is the only thing that is decent in this game. The Ammo System does work which is another nice factor to the game, but the AI doesn't do a thing. I'm expecting this game to be updated, which then, I can probably update my review. For now, I will give it a start score.

wow:(:(
but i did not intend for this to be a complete game so i guess those scores were to be expected:)

arty-fishL
01-13-2012, 08:58 PM
Sorry about the review, I just give an honest opinion. I hope this game is updated..lol.You could modify your reviews to give a better verdict; one that doesn't just slam negativity in a budding game makers face, but provides useful - encouraging - information instead.

eg
0-10 UNPLAYABLE AS YET
11-20 :(:(
21-30 SERIOUS IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED
31-40 REQUIRES FURTHER DEVELOPMENT
41-50 POOR
51-60 OK
61-70 PROMISING
71-80 GREAT
81-90 EXCELLENT
91-99 OUTSTANDING!
100 :eek: OMFG - ABSOLUTELY GODLIKE!

Or something along those lines, maybe not even a complete change, just nicer.

EDIT - I decided I liked this idea, some I'm using something similar to it.

AliceMaster00
01-14-2012, 05:23 AM
wow:(:(
but i did not intend for this to be a complete game so i guess those scores were to be expected:)

You can join the FPS Creators group for tutorials on how to make or improve fps games. I have some tutorials that will probably help.:D

GameKid
01-16-2012, 08:51 PM
HIDIOUSLY BAD

You spelled hideous wrong.
You know, I think you should take a spelling class or something. You obviously try really hard to make yourself look professional-- and it works, but misspelling every fifth word is a throwoff.

jediaction
01-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Haha, well, I actually never noticed that, and please don't even try to start a fight. We have had this conversation before. Every long time member knows I type to fast and don't check my spelling but hey, nobody is perfect. I have actually gone back to many threads and fixed typos, but I'll fix the spelling since it bugs you. Arty, you make a good point. I don't mean for it to be mean, but I guess I should make it a lot nicer. Plus, I will update the review if the game is updated. NO DOUBT.

Professional? What makes you say that?

arty-fishL
01-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Arty, you make a good point. I don't mean for it to be mean, but I guess I should make it a lot nicer. You didn't have to change it, I was just making a point that HIDEOUSLY BAD was maybe a bit too far, but it is nice to see that you did change it :).

As for spelling, why don't you just add a dictionary/spell-checker. I'm not sure - off the top of my head - how to do it for Chrome or IE, but in Firefox you just right click on a text box and you can enable/disable spell checking directly from the menu, or add a dictionary from the languages sub-menu. I find it really useful.

jediaction
01-21-2012, 06:42 PM
I use Internet Explorer so that would be a good idea. I might switch, I just never liked FireFox. I guess I'll try it again. I did have to change what I typed btw. It's just mean.

GameKid
01-21-2012, 09:02 PM
Firstly,
Haha, well, I actually never noticed that, and please don't even try to start a fight.
Please don't jump to conclusions about me. I'm still working on my dwarf temper. :(
Second,

Professional? What makes you say that?
The whole owning a small game company idea.
I have actually gone back to many threads and fixed typos, but I'll fix the spelling since it bugs you. I mean what I said. It's not an irritation, it's advice....

arty-fishL
01-22-2012, 01:17 AM
The whole owning a small game company idea.That's the best way to start out if you plan for success.

I like the idea of that, that's why I'm trying to develop a proper brand image for Arty-fishL.

- I'm going with green as the colour scheme, white and black as the secondary colours, I want to get some specific RGB values down soon (like how I have an AODb blue).
- I've got my avatar, I'm making other's for other services.
- I'm making graphics for me to use based on the same scheme.
- I'm going to launch a revamped website.
- I use this same branding when I sell things.
- My game's tend to start with the letter A.
- I want to be friendly and not really charge for anything.
Stuff like that.

I'm not trying to make a business here, I'm just trying to add some professionalism to it.

jediaction
01-22-2012, 11:14 AM
[QUOTE=GameKid;45894]The whole owning a small game company idea.QUOTE]

I don't have a company. I'm planning on having one though. It seems you have the wrong idea of me. Your advice really isn't advice before you weren't here back in the old days. I have had advie back then for spelling and sometimes I type faster than I check, and when I am responding to 10 different threads at a time, it's very hard to check each word.

x2495iiii
01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Use Chrome.

Built-in spell checker.

That is all.

Dj Tech42
01-22-2012, 12:07 PM
Use Chrome.

Built-in spell checker.

That is all.

Don't all internet browsers have spell checkers?

x2495iiii
01-22-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know. I was under the impression that Chrome was different because it highlights misspelled words. Last time I used Firefox, I don't remember that happening, but I wasn't exactly looking for it.

GameKid
01-22-2012, 05:18 PM
The whole owning a small game company idea.QUOTE]

I don't have a company. I'm planning on having one though. It seems you have the wrong idea of me.

Who is jediaction, in that case?

jediaction
01-22-2012, 06:16 PM
Ok. Your asking the wrong questions. Just stick around longer. Don't be quick to judge because that is getting annoying. Anyway, Arty, can I get an official review on Hero's?

GameKid
01-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Don't be quick to judge because that is getting annoying.
Okay.

x2495iiii
01-23-2012, 12:13 AM
Gamekid.

You handled that extremely well.

I applaud you, sir.

jediaction
01-23-2012, 10:56 AM
I agree with X. Thumbs Up. Now, we shall go back to our normal lives as peaceful Alice Community Members and live our days happy. Now, I'm going to ask my same question like I did once I ended replying to Game Kid....Arty, can you please review Hero's?