PDA

View Full Version : Problem with latest Alice 2.2 (12/01/2011)

MrMoke
01-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Hi Everyone-
I installed the latest version of 2.2 recently, and it's been going OK until today. I was going to show on old program to some of my students, and it started malfunctioning immediately. I spent a 1/2 Hr. this evening trying to figure out what it is, and it seems to be a problem in passing a parameter more than one level deep.
In the original, I passed an object from World down two levels, and the object references worked fine two levels deep. That is no longer the case.

To save memory I created a simple demo to illustrate the problem. The prints and moves indicate what is being referenced at each call level. Notice that at level 02 the target reference is not passed, and that the soccer ball moves to world.

This was not a problem with previous versions of 2.2.:(

aikmin
01-23-2012, 08:23 AM
This is a bug with this version (12/01/2011). Please wait and download the version coming out sometime in February or go back to an earlier version.

MrMoke
01-23-2012, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the Feed-back. My post was just to point it out in case someone else got stuck. Looking forward to the February release. Would this bug also affect any attempts to do recursion?

MrMoke
02-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Problem is now fixed in February release. Thanks aikmin